ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tourney

Yes, our CWS record (2-8) is not great. But, there are two things about that. Getting there is a monumental accomplishment in and of itself, and the level of competition once there is, obviously, really good. I also think post season frustrations are compounded by some gut wrenching Super Regional losses. The walk off, pinch hit grand slam in the bottom of the 9th to UCSB in 2016, and the BS home run in the 11th to CSF in 2015- both of these games on our home field. I'm getting mad just thinking about it. So, yeah, it's understandable to want more. Really, the next thing to accomplish is winning the CWS. That's not easy.
Not disagreeing with anything you said but I would have been really happy with both a regular season and ACC tournament championship, especially with the new format and not having to play a double elimination format, which really did a number on your pitching. Oh well, it’s on to a regional and hopefully super regional!

Not disagreeing with anything you said but I would have been really happy with both a regular season and ACC tournament championship, especially with the new format and not having to play a double elimination format, which really did a number on your pitching. Oh well, it’s on to a regional and hopefully super regional!
They will host the regional but I believe the opportunity hosting a super regional went out the window. 4 hits in two days is not a good sign.

Reactions: Bardman
Maybe the added rest will do them some good. Their heads are not where they need to be right now. They didn’t need to win the ACC tourney. Losing your only two games IS a problem I don’t care who disagrees. Playing a Super Reg on your Home field is a HUGE advantage. It doesn’t mean if they win their regional they could not win a super away from Jim Patterson..just makes it a lot tougher.

Baseball is weird. I can remember days I saw ever pitch as soon as it left the pitchers hand and then the next couldn't pick the ball up at all. Other days I would guess right and the next day guessed wrong. Hitting is extremely difficult at this level. At times they make it look easy, but the reality is it is tough. In high school I was pissed if I didn't get 2 or 3 hits in every game. In college I was happy to get 1 or 2. Every team has a guy that can pitch.

You usually don't have the whole team go in the tank at the same time but it happens. Got move on.

Reactions: Deeva
Baseball is weird. I can remember days I saw ever pitch as soon as it left the pitchers hand and then the next couldn't pick the ball up at all. Other days I would guess right and the next day guessed wrong. Hitting is extremely difficult at this level. At times they make it look easy, but the reality is it is tough. In high school I was pissed if I didn't get 2 or 3 hits in every game. In college I was happy to get 1 or 2. Every team has a guy that can pitch.

You usually don't have the whole team go in the tank at the same time but it happens. Got move on.
I always laugh at pro golfers and tennis players who demand absolute silence when they are playing. Like either is more difficult than hitting a baseball.

BC, UNC, GaTech, and NC State made the semis. UNC and GaTech advanced to tomorrow’s finals.

GaTech was one of the teams we were competing with for a national seed. With them winning the regular season series against us this year, it’s tough to see us getting in ahead of them whether they win or lose against UNC tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT