ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament Discussion

Game is on at 11:00 tomorrow. Curious to see coach's strategy; does he throw aces to win or pitch by committee? No reason to not throw Poland as starter and then bring in arms as necessary.

They have to play. They really need to win. I really hope that didn’t cost them a national seed.

Game is on at 11:00 tomorrow. Curious to see coach's strategy; does he throw aces to win or pitch by committee? No reason to not throw Poland as starter and then bring in arms as necessary.
Yeah,no sense holding anything back. With a week off,everybody has plenty of time to rest.

If they lose a national seed they deserve it. Everything to play for today and the coach doesn't even use his by far best pitcher.

Reactions: Deeva
Miami was in the same situation as us tonight. 10-seed NC State beats the 3rd seeded Canes 9-6 to win pool C.

After our game this afternoon, 9-seed Florida State knocked out 5-seed Virginia 13-3 in pool D.

So far in two days (6 games) the only higher seed to beat a lower one is #8 North Carolina over #12 Clemson.

Reactions: earsky
The ACC is truly a very talented conference this year with good balance. Pitt is playing out of desperation and that is always a dangerous situation for any higher rated opponent in tournament play.

You have to question Miami’s decision to pitch to TOMMY WHITE after he already hit 2 HRs ……. the kid is amazing. It is not just his incredible power, it’s the velocity of his bat.

Reactions: PushupMan
Miami was in the same situation as us tonight. 10-seed NC State beats the 3rd seeded Canes 9-6 to win pool C.

After our game this afternoon, 9-seed Florida State knocked out 5-seed Virginia 13-3 in pool D.

So far in two days (6 games) the only higher seed to beat a lower one is #8 North Carolina over #12 Clemson.

So Pitt and NC St. are in Semis.
Winner of FSU v. ND today is also in.
Final spot will be determined by winner of UNC v. Va Tech in the last game of pool play tomorrow night. (That puts both of those squads a bit behind the 8-ball for SAT's semis. I understood that #1 seed got to pick their "guaranteed off day." Why wouldn't VT have picked FRI to make sure they had 1 day before Semis if they got there? I presume McD picked FRI when VT left it open.)

So Pitt and NC St. are in Semis.
Winner of FSU v. ND today is also in.
Final spot will be determined by winner of UNC v. Va Tech in the last game of pool play tomorrow night. (That puts both of those squads a bit behind the 8-ball for SAT's semis. I understood that #1 seed got to pick their "guaranteed off day." Why wouldn't VT have picked FRI to make sure they had 1 day before Semis if they got there? I presume McD picked FRI when VT left it open.)
So,in no particular order we are rooting for NC St,ND over Fla St and UNC over VA Tech,with hopefully ND taking the whole thing. Or am I wrong? Do we want ND to stumble? With the sweep,I would assume we want the Irish to win,win,win.

On another note,outside of the conference,Vandy in a must win spot today against Tennessee. Who do we need there since we're so close to Vandy in the rankings? Do we want them to win and advance or lose and negate our loss yesterday since they've already lost once in their tournament.
And lastly,there are two Kentucky teams that are still alive in their tournaments that we beat in EKU and UK. We have to be rooting for both.

I think UT winning is fine. I don’t think Vandy winning or losing that game will really effect our RPI. I’d rather Vandy not move higher up the food chain and get anywhere near our regional.

I think UT winning is fine. I don’t think Vandy winning or losing that game will really effect our RPI. I’d rather Vandy not move higher up the food chain and get anywhere near our regional.
Yeah,that's kind of what I was thinking. If we were ahead of them prior to yesterday,they only have a chance to leapfrog us by advancing today and/or winning that tournament.

Rooting for the Colonels in a big way as they are trying to crash the Dance. It's win win for sure.
I'm kinda getting a kick out of watching uk wriggle a bit. That one is win win too. They're openly campaigning for the field of 64. If they win that tournament,it can only help our RPI and if they don't....

Seeing and hearing today's game is meaningless. It isn't. The Cards don't want to go 0-2 in the ACCT. Not a good look for a team being one of the last one's in for a national seed. I think they get a 7 or 8 national seed based on winning the Atlantic, but why take a chance. Close this one out, men.

Looking not so good right now. GT crushing balls off the wall, getting on base easily…

Not sure ACC tournament has any effect on us. VT were both ahead of us and will stay ahead of us. Need to worry about teams like Okla St who were just outside the top 8.

Not sure ACC tournament has any effect on us. VT were both ahead of us and will stay ahead of us. Need to worry about teams like Okla St who were just outside the top 8.
Which rankings are the Comittee going on as far as you know? I'm kinda all over the place with this.

Lol,just trying to decipher the ASun Conference tournament. EKU advances to the semis tomorrow. They were in Pool B,which had seeds 5-8 in it and they had to win that pool to advance.
Pool A had seeds 1-4 in it and there will be 3 teams from A advance to semis tomorrow.😜
If the Colonels can win this thing which Kennesaw has dominated,they'll likely be here next week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT