ADVERTISEMENT

3-0. What do you think so far???

It is quite possible that Satterfield is a very excellent football coach, while at the same time be the same person who exercised some of the worst judgement when pursuing a job that he had no chance of obtaining, while still being HC at UL.

Satterfield lost UL support at the Administrative level as well as with the fanbase; while I can only guess the effect it had on the roster and recruits, it clearly could not be positive. I am just glad that he is gone and Brohm is here.

I love humor and all its forms including sarcasm and getting the final laugh. There are no opportunities for that here.

If you had any latent hate for Satterfield, how about a little blame for the regime that brought him here? The same one that failed in 2018 snagging Brohm and putting you through four years of wasted effort.

Of course, you can't do that. Talk about "effing weird"...

I never liked the Satt hire - I thought from the start he was a bad fit. Feel free to go back in the archives and do some research. Of course none of that is relevant to the post poking fun at the coach who doesn’t like rivalry games. Anyways what’s really funny is that you have UK fans rolling in here coming to your defense.

Reactions: OldhamCard335
Let’s be honest the majority fans weren’t going to like anyone after Brohm decided to stay at Purdue.

The way this played out Brohm to Louisville was inevitable. It really played out about as well as it could. The hate of Satterfield meant greater joy for Brohm. The program was in better shape talent wise giving Brohm the opportunity to do something year 1.

What would have produced a better outcome?

Now I don’t know if Brohm or anyone for that matter can make Louisville into consistent 8-10 win team. Brohm and everything that comes with him allow fans to believe it.

Let’s be honest the majority fans weren’t going to like anyone after Brohm decided to stay at Purdue.

The way this played out Brohm to Louisville was inevitable. It really played out about as well as it could. The hate of Satterfield meant greater joy for Brohm. The program was in better shape talent wise giving Brohm the opportunity to do something year 1.

What would have produced a better outcome?

Now I don’t know if Brohm or anyone for that matter can make Louisville into consistent 8-10 win team. Brohm and everything that comes with him allow fans to believe it.
They got mad at Satt because he tried to leave after year one. Then he was just okay. Not bad, not great. But couldn't even belong on field with UK. That bothers some people and it probably should. They are, as we've been reminded here, slapd!cks. So I get it.

They are all mercenaries but to try to go after the first year seemed to be off the norm so I can understand the hostility.

Michael Jordan getting Scottie Pippen's props were one thing.

Getting Larry Bird's was another...
I know, I know - I said I was finished but, the yut poetry dragged me back.

It’s beyond funny - and more than a little pathetic - that in your desperate need for validation, you’ll latch on to anything that remotely appears so.

That you think that post was anything more than a slapd!ck simultaneously (and transparently) goofing on you while trolling the board is, as Hop alluded to, “priceless”.

No real surprise though, as of the many things that you’ve been accused of on this board - self awareness has never been one…

Reactions: Knucklehank1
I know, I know - I said I was finished but, the yut poetry dragged me back.

It’s beyond funny - and more than a little pathetic - that in your desperate need for validation, you’ll latch on to anything that remotely appears so.

That you think that post was anything more than a slapd!ck simultaneously (and transparently) goofing on you while trolling the board is, as Hop alluded to, “priceless”.

No real surprise though, as of the many things that you’ve been accused of on this board - self awareness has never been one…
I'm not trolling this board or Zipp. Despite Zipp's obvious dislike of UK, I can still appreciate his intellectual mind. He is very intuitive and has an uncanny ability to accurately read situations and predict their outcomes.

1) To my knowledge, he was the first UL fan to warn about the impending financial troubles of the Yum! Center.

2) When Pitino endured some temporary struggles in 2011 and 2012, some UL fans said he was washed up and called for his head. Zipp vehemently argued against firing a Hall of Fame coach. He was right. Pitino led UL to a Final Four in 2012 and a national championship in 2013.

3) Zipp also voiced his concerns over the firing of Tom Jurich, who was undoubtedly the Nick Saban of athletic directors. Again, he was right. UL basketball hasn't won a NCAA Tournament game since 2017 and is coming off a two-win season. Meanwhile, UL football has lost four straight to Kentucky, a team they dominated during the Jurich era.

I don't think Zipp is this villain many of you make him out to be. He is a straight shooter who speaks his mind. And much of what he has to say is extremely intriguing. Those qualities should be appreciated rather than reviled.

Reactions: UKCoachesGraveyard
I'm not trolling this board or Zipp. Despite Zipp's obvious dislike of UK, I can still appreciate his intellectual mind. He is very intuitive and has an uncanny ability to accurately read situations and predict their outcomes.

1) To my knowledge, he was the first UL fan to warn about the impending financial troubles of the Yum! Center.

2) When Pitino endured some temporary struggles in 2011 and 2012, some UL fans said he was washed up and called for his head. Zipp vehemently argued against firing a Hall of Fame coach. He was right. Pitino led UL to a Final Four in 2012 and a national championship in 2013.

3) Zipp also voiced his concerns over the firing of Tom Jurich, who was undoubtedly the Nick Saban of athletic directors. Again, he was right. UL basketball hasn't won a NCAA Tournament game since 2017 and is coming off a two-win season. Meanwhile, UL football has lost four straight to Kentucky, a team they dominated during the Jurich era.

I don't think Zipp is this villain many of you make him out to be. He is a straight shooter who speaks his mind. And much of what he has to say is extremely intriguing. Those qualities should be appreciated rather than reviled.

Apparently sports message boards can make strange bedfellows.

UK fan enjoys Zipp more now because he's comfortable denigrating UofL and that plays right into UK fans narrative for all things anti UofL in these type of spaces. Saves them time and gives 'em talking points. He does the dirty work for 'em. It makes for a useful idiot kind of relationship there.

It's not that Zipp is dumb it's just kinda remarkable he's incapable of grasping his agenda isn't supportive of UofL and is just a bad look really. It doesn't matter how many tailgates he owns or tickets he buys UK fans go to UofL tailgates and spend their $ too. Thanks guys!

None of this is serious. We are laughing, even if Zipp wanted to police that after the Satt loss. Looks like Zipp found his laughs too, the dream team reference was outstanding. Bravo Zipp.

I still love a lot of Zipp's work, just not all of it. But it's all entertaining, 100% of it. Especially this bonding with the slapd!ck poet. Hopefully that doesn't get too serious, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I may be many things, but desperate is not one of them. Esp, when it comes to validation in this space...
Just one man’s observation, but from my perspective the “validation” Zipp desires is not positive reaction. I believe it’s the negative; the disagreement, the mocking, the “hater” and “troll” accusations. He revels in the attention…any attention. The normally single page threads that go 3 or 4 pages, where he typically gets the last word In a marathon of sorts. And this thread delivers the life blood that is craved. I assume most here were told this as a child, but if you ignore it, it will go away; if you feed it, it thrives. And so it goes.

Reactions: SoulSr and Art79
Just one man’s observation, but from my perspective the “validation” Zipp desires is not positive reaction. I believe it’s the negative; the disagreement, the mocking, the “hater” and “troll” accusations. He revels in the attention…any attention. The normally single page threads that go 3 or 4 pages, where he typically gets the last word In a marathon of sorts. And this thread delivers the life blood that is craved. I assume most here were told this as a child, but if you ignore it, it will go away; if you feed it, it thrives. And so it goes.
Or, we can laugh at seeing him reduced to bonding with a slapd!ck on rivals after midnight.

But what you say is interesting too. For sure.

UK fan enjoys Zipp more now because he's comfortable denigrating UofL and that plays right into UK fans narrative for all things anti UofL in these type of spaces. Saves them time and gives 'em talking points. He does the dirty work for 'em. It makes for a useful idiot kind of relationship there.

It's not that Zipp is dumb it's just kinda remarkable he's incapable of grasping his agenda isn't supportive of UofL and is just a bad look really. It doesn't matter how many tailgates he owns or tickets he buys UK fans go to UofL tailgates and spend their $ too. Thanks guys!

None of this is serious. We are laughing, even if Zipp wanted to police that after the Satt loss. Looks like Zipp found his laughs too, the dream team reference was outstanding. Bravo Zipp.

I still love a lot of Zipp's work, just not all of it. But it's all entertaining, 100% of it. Especially this bonding with the slapd!ck poet. Hopefully that doesn't get too serious, not that there's anything wrong with that.
There’s no bonding with anyone here. And it took the replacement of highly successful U of L people by rank amateurs to reveal the consistency of fanbases.

Prior to 2018, it was hard for U of L fans to debate each other on anything of significance. We could just about agree on everything and all of us be right. But that came to an abrupt end, and now there’s plenty to disagree about WRT U of L while we experience problems we haven’t had in recent memory.

I haven’t changed, the circumstances changed. And I have no intention of lowering the bar, ignoring the obvious, or anything else to stay on someone’s good side. That’s not being true to yourself. It’s also not a poetic UK fan’s fault for pointing out most of that…

Solid take and I’d only tweak it to say that it’s solely the attention he craves. Going on 50K posts illustrates that more than words could ever.

The attention is paramount and it doesn’t matter whether it’s positive or negative but, given his twin propensities for arguing and smugness, he definitely seems to enjoy the negative more.

Love the psychoanalysis by all of my "admirers."

In return, I love your unrelenting efforts to debate me on damn near everything under the sun. It's about a guy who, for example, keeps track of my post counts and wants to present ME as the one with an identity problem.

I like a lot more people in this space than I don't. And it's funny as hell how many and how often threads in the space--like this one--turn into 'zipp' threads.

Of course, the haters want me gone. It's obvious.

If you wanna be friends, that's fine but I don't come here for that. If you don't, I couldn't care less. Don't mistake my willingness to debate you as some indication of your significance. That's hardly at the root of it. As I tell people who truly wanna psychoanalyze without the vindictive and spiteful personal garbage--it's 5% subject matter and 95% entertainment...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT