ADVERTISEMENT

3-0. What do you think so far???

About right. The roster turnover and new staff kind of explains the uneven performances.

Really close on offense. Defense is my concern.

Last edited:
Reactions: BooneCo_Card
I think we’re pretty lucky. If we can’t figure out what’s causing us to cough and sputter for long periods on offense, this team is gonna lose some games against teams better than IU and Georgia Tech…

Reactions: Porky Pigskin33
I think we’re pretty lucky. If we can’t figure out what’s causing us to cough and sputter for long periods on offense, this team is gonna lose some games against teams better than IU and Georgia Tech…
Pretty sure Cycle answered your question in his second sentence.

Before you asked it.

Pretty sure Cycle answered your question in his second sentence.

Before you asked it.
A lot of teams have roster turnover every year. And new staffs as well.

Not to migrate topics, but did anyone here give Cincy that pass last nite? Not that I read…

3-0 is 3-0. Plenty of room for improvement, however, obviously. The season is still young. Need better, consistent QB play. Talent at the skill positions is as good as you'll find on any team, IMO. Wish we were a little bigger, but being a speed team isn't a negative. I think Brohm is still settling in as HC. His play calling isn't perfect. All things considered, I'll give the Cards a solid B at this point. Need to take care of BC.

A lot of teams have roster turnover every year. And new staffs as well.

Not to migrate topics, but did anyone here give Cincy that pass last nite? Not that I read…
Deion and Jeff managed massive roster overhauls. Both are at new schools. Both are 3-0. Scott choked against an inferior opponent, a team UC had beaten 16 straight times. That's pretty ****ing embarrassing, and funny. I figured you, zipp, would be happy the trash Tyra hired is no longer roaming the sidelines at L&N.

Deion and Jeff managed massive roster overhauls. Both are at new schools. Both are 3-0. Scott choked against an inferior opponent, a team UC had beaten 16 straight times. That's pretty ****ing embarrassing, and funny. I figured you, zipp, would be happy the trash Tyra hired is no longer roaming the sidelines at L&N.
I’ve called major college coaches “hired guns” for a long time. Usually it’s when fans fall in love with one and feel spurned when he moves on. I don’t suspect any coaching hire we make of anything but pursuing a job they want and for good money.

The fact that we hire a coach sure as hell doesn’t prove anything good about him/her. We can’t find our a$$ with both hands. How would we recognize a good coach? But it doesn’t prove the opposite, and “failing” at U of L doesn’t prove anything either.

I have no ill will toward Satterfield. Good for him if he’s successful at Cincy. It will take more than a couple games to tell…

Reactions: Porky Pigskin33
I expected us to be around 2-1 right now (with a loss to GaTech). So it seems like we're doing about as expected. The real tests are coming up. We'll see, but I'm more optimistic than pessimistic.

I’ve called major college coaches “hired guns” for a long time. Usually it’s when fans fall in love with one and feel spurned when he moves on. I don’t suspect any coaching hire we make of anything but pursuing a job they want and for good money.

The fact that we hire a coach sure as hell doesn’t prove anything good about him/her. We can’t find our a$$ with both hands. How would we recognize a good coach? But it doesn’t prove the opposite, and “failing” at U of L doesn’t prove anything either.

I have no ill will toward Satterfield. Good for him if he’s successful at Cincy. It will take more than a couple games to tell…

People react in real time. No harm there. My take on Satterfield isn't unlike others. I never particularly warmed to him. He did look at another job early during his tenure. He never understood the UK rivalry. His play calling was predictable. He was a so-so coach, under .500. Not great, not terrible, unremarkable. He definitely didn't deserve a pay raise when he asked for one. I was perfectly fine with him moving on.

I expected us to be 3-0 at this time and we are. I was really concerned about both GA Tech and IU, they were underdogs with nothing to lose and everything to gain. IU is not great but they do have an established staff and team that was very familar with JB's system. Both on the road in the opponent's home state.

We are still learning the system and JB is still learning what his players can and can't do. We really have only played two really bad quarters (2nd vs GAT & 3rd vs IU). We have already assumed the personality of our HC and that has resulted in two gritty wins when most teams collapse under the pressure.

I expected some ups and downs early on. Plummer played his best half of football in the 1st half and managed to do enough to secure a victory in the 2nd half. If IU doesn't execute a perfect onside kick, we'd probably have taken the opening drive to go up 28-0 and the route would have been on. Not sure why JB didn't have the hands team on the front line if he expected to onside kick but we overcame severe adversity in both GATech & IU games.

I am optimistic we keep improving and shore up some of issues and eliminate that bad quarter of a game.

I don’t disagree. (I also don’t have the data to know.) Did everyone here give Cincy that pass last nite?…

Losing to a MAC program that you’ve beaten 17 years straight and have beaten by 20+ points the last 5 years is a special level of uneven. The Cincy fans don’t seem to be giving him much grace in this situation.

Zipp taking that Cincy loss pretty hard today. Hang in there Zipp they'll be back on the practice field tomorrow! Probably some extra film session in order too!

I wasn't really worried about anyone we've played so far. With that being said, there's different kinds of 3-0. We're are a soft 3-0. Gritty comeback on GT. Terrible 2nd half against IU. Bottom line, we pulled out wins where we could've lost.

Not sure what this team is yet or why all the roller-coaster highs and lows.. It's always better to learn this while winning than losing.

Need to put an ass kicking on BC.

Reactions: the artist FKA zipp
UofL is 3-0.
Are they Better then that?
Worse then that??
Or do you think it's sounds about right???
Don’t know how you get better than 3-0. We might be worse, but we have a decent chance to get to 4-0 and 2-0 in conference this Saturday. We have to keep improving especially the pass rush and blitz pickup

I expected us to be 3-0 at this time and we are...
This is my takeaway as well, and it doesn't prove anything. Two different people who had U of L at 7-5 and 10-2 probably had us at 3-0.

We certainly didn't get to 3-0 looking like we're destined for 10-2. A final record of 7-5 would be a losing record for the remaining schedule which many would see as a disappointment.

With what I've seen so far, I'll be perfectly happy with 8-4 and a 5-4 finish...

Losing to a MAC program that you’ve beaten 17 years straight and have beaten by 20+ points the last 5 years is a special level of uneven. The Cincy fans don’t seem to be giving him much grace in this situation.
Debating who's better or worse between IU and Miami (OH) is a special kind of interweb event.

Per FPI, IU is ranked 66th, and Miami is ranked 80th.

And while I'm at it, U of L is ranked nine positions higher than Cincy at #28...

Debating who's better or worse between IU and Miami (OH) is a special kind of interweb event.

Per FPI, IU is ranked 66th, and Miami is ranked 80th.

And while I'm at it, U of L is ranked nine positions higher than Cincy at #28...
Maybe you can throw those rankings out the window since #80 just beat #37 in their house.

It's a shame. You hate to see it. When data is full speed useless. Thanks for sharing useless data.

Please graph Miami and Cincy's position in those rankings for us. Maybe that will paint a more useful picture.

"Not sure why JB didn't have the hands team on the front line if he expected to onside kick.."

‐-----------------------------------------------------

It wouldn't have mattered if his front line guys had glue on their hands on that on side kick. No Cards player touched the ball because it was a perfect bounce.

The ball rolled along the ground for nine yards before bouncing up into the IU player at the 10th yard. This is what every kicker tries to do when kicking the on side kick, with it not working 90 percent of the time.

Brohm probably expected it but it wasn't the last minutes of the game. No need for desperation so he played it straight up, telling his guys to be ready for it but not to overplay too aggressively and maybe touch the ball.

It was just a perfect kick. I don't know how it could have been better. I wasn't upset with Brohm, I was upset with the sports gods who decided to be IU fans that 2nd half.

Reactions: BPGhost
The defense has some really talented guys,trying to become a unit. They seem to be getting there.
I'm really hoping to see JB/BB/Plummer use our tight ends more to make the offense completely unpredictable.
Very happy we're 3-0. It's not how,but how many.

Maybe you can throw those rankings out the window since #80 just beat #37 in their house.

It's a shame. You hate to see it. When data is full speed useless. Thanks for sharing useless data.

Please graph Miami and Cincy's position in those rankings for us. Maybe that will paint a more useful picture.
Hop, you’re going off the rails here…

@Knucklehank1 tried to single out Cincy’s loss as to a vastly inferior team (“special level of uneven”). Not much different than IU as far as an opponent.

And we were a goal line stand away from being there ourselves. That’s not me talking, that’s ESPN’s ranking system…

Last edited:
UofL is 3-0.
Are they Better then that?
Worse then that??
Or do you think it's sounds about right???

Things to work on.

QB has to stop the hero throwing and take what the defense is giving him instead of throwing into double and triple coverage. He has done this many times after it appeared the he looked right at the WIDE OPEN receiver/RB then chose the 50 yard hero throw instead of the first down. When we play against teams that have a good pass rush, he will have to throw underneath. Those are tough throws that need timing and if he doesn't have that rhythm with his WR over the middle it will lead to a lot of incompletions or pick sixes.

Not getting to the QB. If we can't find a pass rush, a good QB will tear our secondary up, DBs can only cover for so long.

Soft against the run. nuff said.

Play calling, Brohm called some real headscratchers in the second half and totally went away from what we were doing when we were scoring at will on them.

We were "Ron Englished". D played the same front 90% of the game and RARELY changed up the blitz. We were predictable as hell which is why IU came out and whipped our asses in the second half imo, because they knew what our D was going to do.

@Knucklehank1 tried to single out Cincy’s loss as to a vastly inferior team (“special level of uneven”). Not much different than IU as far as an opponent.

And we were a goal line stand of being there ourselves. That’s not me talking, that’s ESPN’s ranking system…
Put down the centerfold spread of TJ and try to have some fun with your internet neighbors. We won the game. Our former coach lost a “rivalry” game to a team from the mighty MAC. We can knit pick what constitutes inferior, uneven and vastly inferior but that would just end in a rhetorical circle jerk. That seems the opposite of fun. But if you want to do that then start your own thread. My guess is that it will be a party of one.

And we were a goal line stand of being there ourselves. That’s not me talking, that’s ESPN’s ranking system…
If by "off the rails" you mean, challenging your useless data and noticing the Cincy loss to Miami has left a mark with you then yeah I am guilty as charged.

Louisville won away from home against a P5 team that gave up 23 to Ohio St.

Cincy lost to a MAC team at home. Your data had MAC team #80 and Cincy #37. Wipe your hole with that data.

Those two outcomes just aren't the same. Sorry man I know this isn't what you want to better push your anti Louisville and anti Louisville admin narrative! You just gotta be patient for all that, this UofL team is not that great they are going to give you losses to quinch your thirst soon. Maybe even next week if you're lucky!

Maybe you think these games are scrimmages. They aren't. Sorry. Let's see if your boys can bounce back vs OU next week. I'm not saying they can't, they very well could.

Put down the centerfold spread of TJ and try to have some fun with your internet neighbors. We won the game. Our former coach lost a “rivalry” game to a team from the mighty MAC.
He can't do it. That would require him to actually move on from the past, and that just ain't gonna happen. This was a rough weekend for him. Better days are ahead for him though.

Put down the centerfold spread of TJ and try to have some fun with your internet neighbors. We won the game. Our former coach lost a “rivalry” game to a team from the mighty MAC. We can knit pick what constitutes inferior, uneven and vastly inferior but that would just end in a rhetorical circle jerk. That seems the opposite of fun. But if you want to do that then start your own thread. My guess is that it will be a party of one.
See I don't have a problem poking fun at Cincy or Satterfield. Based on a confluence of events and recent history, U OF L IS NOT THE SCHOOL TO BE DOING THAT.

If that point's lost on you, so be it...

See I don't have a problem poking fun at Cincy or Satterfield. Based on a confluence of events and recent history, U OF L IS NOT THE SCHOOL TO BE DOING THAT.

Actually we are the school to do that because we WON and they lost. And they paid us for a coach most didn’t want. Those points seem to be lost on you.

If by "off the rails" you mean, challenging your useless data and noticing the Cincy loss to Miami has left a mark with you then yeah I am guilty as charged.

Louisville won away from home against a P5 team that gave up 23 to Ohio St.

Cincy lost to a MAC team at home. Your data had MAC team #80 and Cincy #37. Wipe your hole with that data.

Those two outcomes just aren't the same. Sorry man I know this isn't what you want to better push your anti Louisville and anti Louisville admin narrative! You just gotta be patient for all that, this UofL team is not that great they are going to give you losses to quinch your thirst soon. Maybe even next week if you're lucky!

Maybe you think these games are scrimmages. They aren't. Sorry. Let's see if your boys can bounce back vs OU next week. I'm not saying they can't, they very well could.
Hop, all I can say is you were lost somewhere because you're usually better than insults and this type of posting. I hope you find yourself or someone else does...

Your administration wanted him after last season. Deal with it...
I had a great time in Indy watching us WIN. I dealt just fine. On the other hand the Cincy board is in full meltdown mode because the coach that they paid us for just lost a “rivalry” game to a MAC school. Fall sports are going great on Floyd Street. All Cards fans should be excited even those that still have strong affections for past administrators ❤️

I was hoping for 4-2 in both halves of the season, we are on pace for that for the first 6. Really hoping we sneak another one in there somewhere, but I still take 8-4 this year! 3-0 is 3-0!

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
Hop, all I can say is you were lost somewhere because you're usually better than insults and this type of posting. I hope you find yourself or someone else does...
All I did was challenge your bad data and laugh at why the Cincy loss is a bummer for ya. You normally have thicker skin. Requesting the graph was too much, my bad.

Maybe this Cincy loss means even more to you than I originally thought. Hang in there, Cincy could bounce back vs OU next week, and/or UofL could lose. Then you can troll the board. Order could be restored. Stay tuned.

Yea buddy but if you notice nobody here is UofL. We all have screen names and we are people.

And no offense, don't be insulted by this, but you are lying. If you didn't have a problem poking fun at Cincy or Satt, then you wouldn't be posting the stuff you're posting.

Plenty of yut fans have been banned from this site for far less criticism / trolling behavior when it comes to all things UofL - than have the good ole zipper. I guess when your site has this little activity - you'll put up with almost anything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT