ADVERTISEMENT

Zion a no show

It's an unacceptable risk looking at the situation from the kid's standpoint objectively. A decision says nothing about his character--only his judgment--and it doesn't matter what fans want...

It's an unacceptable risk looking at the situation from the kid's standpoint objectively. A decision says nothing about his character--only his judgment--and it doesn't matter what fans want...

This is such BS. Walking outside, getting into a car, and numerous other day to day activities are just as dangerous for this young man too. Doubt he will stop doing any of those things either.

Choices happen due to an individuals character and judgement. Hard to separate one from the other.

You speak in absolutes that are only true to you....naive is one of your strong suits today when speaking for others. You are not infallible in your perceptions as much as anybody else is. LoL at you....what fans want.

Last edited:
This is such BS. Walking outside, getting into a car, and numerous other day to day activities are just as dangerous for this young man too. Doubt he will stop doing any of those things either.

Choices happen due to an individuals character and judgement. Hard to separate one from the other.

You speak in absolutes that are only true to you....naive is one of your strong suits today when speaking for others. You are not infallible in your perceptions as much anybody else is. LoL at you....what fans want.

I bet you will not be able to stop your self from answering this rather than ignoring me.....k.....cause that is just you.

I bet you will not be able to stop your self from answering this rather than ignoring me.....k.....cause that is just you.
Sorry I didn't reply immediately! :p

Everyone needs to ride in a car, take a shower, or "numerous other day to day activities [that] are just as dangerous." I didn't say he should lay in his dorm room in a fetal position.

What's "BS" is that he has to play one more minute of college basketball, an activity in which he JUST EXPERIENCED an injury that could have been serious. With what he has on the line, that makes zero sense...

Would have won my bet.

An the odds for another shoe to blow out like his did are what?

I agree that he does not HAVE to play. But he is not a chicken shit like some others are.

He is a warrior of a player who loves to win and play basketball. It may make zero sense to you and others who are neither of what he is....he competes hard and loves the game.

Some folks place less importance on money than you or others do....you say potato, I say patato. Cum see cum sa.

It is what it is and does not have to make sense. Don't expect you to agree or understand.

Would have won my bet.

An the odds for another shoe to blow out like his did are what?

I agree that he does not HAVE to play. But he is not a chicken shit like some others are.

He is a warrior of a player who loves to win and play basketball. It may make zero sense to you and others who are neither of what he is....he competes hard and loves the game.

Some folks place less importance on money than you or others do....you say potato, I say patato. Cum see cum sa.

It is what it is and does not have to make sense. Don't expect you to agree or understand.
He doesn't need a shoe problem. Unless he's made of metal, he has ligaments in his knees as one example.

And you can't appeal to anyone's sensibilities on this issue at anything other than an emotional level. "Chicken $hit" and "warrior" and "love" are those examples.

Hope the kid stays healthy because he ain't fully using his 19-year old brain...

Basketball is a game of emotions. Try to deny that.

People are not metal on that we can agree. HIs ligaments can go out just standing up....you are making this too easy.

You judge that he is not using his 19 year old brain.....Zion is likely the best judge of that...not you or me. He has said he loves playing the game.

In my assessment he is a warrior...deny him that. His behavior validates that he is not a chicken shit.....has no fear and plays the game that way. Do you not see that in him?

I agree with your hope that he stays healthy. This opinion that sitting out is the answer, is lame. That is my old school opinion and I am entitled to it just like you are entitled to yours.

Bet you can't stop yourself from replying to this post either. THOT.

Basketball is a game of emotions. Try to deny that...
Straw man. This isn't a "game" issue or denial. Zion could play video games which he probably enjoys. Or take up chess if he doesn't already play.

This is about pure financial risk and reward. And objectivity.
...People are not metal on that we can agree. HIs ligaments can go out just standing up....you are making this too easy...
AND probability. We could get hit by an asteroid, so why go to work?

Because you're probably NOT going to get hit by an asteroid--nor is Zion going to injure himself getting outta bed. Again, fetal position unnecessary.
...You judge that he is not using his 19 year old brain.....Zion is likely the best judge of that...not you or me. He has said he loves playing the game...
"Love" doesn't involve your brain, and it has nothing to do with objective risk analysis.
...In my assessment he is a warrior...deny him that. His behavior validates that he is not a chicken shit.....has no fear and plays the game that way. Do you not see that in him?...
None of that matters in the decision I'm talking about.
...I agree with your hope that he stays healthy. This opinion that sitting out is the answer, is lame. That is my old school opinion and I am entitled to it just like you are entitled to yours.

Bet you can't stop yourself from replying to this post either. THOT.
You're entitled to your opinion, but trying to silence mine is a loser's argument. You're better than that...

[You're entitled to your opinion, but trying to silence mine is a loser's argument. You're better than that...[/QUOTE]

Not trying to silence yours at all, you must be paranoid to think that....just poking a little fun at the banality of it all.o_O:D

You are smarter than that I think....just not too self aware at how you are perceived by others with a brain. Zion likely would laugh at you too.

Likely neither he nor I care too much about your so called highly opinionated risk analysis. We don't need no stinking risk analysis on this matter.

I would have won my bet again. Keep trying...I can be just as stubborn as you are if you want me to be.

A professional in the mental health field would tell you that love has a lot to do with the brain. Funny, you got that one wrong too.:rolleyes:;)

...Likely neither he nor I care too much about your so called highly opinionated risk analysis. We don't need no stinking risk analysis on this matter...
When quite literally hundreds of millions of dollars are potentially involved, how can you use anything BESIDES objective risk analysis?

No one with a working brain reasons any other way. The better argument for you--one I still wouldn't wanna defend--is that much money is not at risk. Keep in mind before taking that bait that he's perceived as the next big NBA superstar.

Forbes estimates Lebron James' net worth at almost half a billion...

When quite literally hundreds of millions of dollars are potentially involved, how can you use anything BESIDES objective risk analysis?

No one with a working brain reasons any other way. T

Prove it. Only your POV, not a fact.

You fail to understand that money is not the end game, be all to end all, for some people.

When you understand that...then you have overcome your handicap of money driving your decision making process. It is not that hard.

Try to stay on point. this is Zion's decision....not Lebron James.....shifting the discussion even mentioning him....which you are known for by the way.

Prove it. Only your POV, not a fact.

You fail to understand that money is not the end game, be all to end all, for some people.

When you understand that...then you have overcome your handicap of money driving your decision making process. It is not that hard.

Try to stay on point. this is Zion's decision....not Lebron James.....shifting the discussion even mentioning him....which you are known for by the way.
There's nothing you're saying to disprove my argument... You're simply reiterating over and over that something BESIDES rational analysis is motivating Zion. And I agree with that.

Having "courage" and "love" has nothing, zero to do with rational analysis unless you're redefining what that means. Those emotions/traits do not involve analysis involving risk and quantifiable trade-offs.

And since we evidently can't settle this debate, no one you can quote without a conflict-of-interest is saying that either. It's just people arguing he should play for OTHER reasons. And that's ANOTHER argument, not mine...

There's nothing you're saying to disprove my argument... You're simply reiterating over and over that something BESIDES rational analysis is motivating Zion. And I agree with that.

Having "courage" and "love" has nothing, zero to do with rational analysis unless you're redefining what that means. Those emotions/traits do not involve analysis involving risk and quantifiable trade-offs.

And since we evidently can't settle this debate, no one you can quote without a conflict-of-interest is saying that either. It's just people arguing he should play for OTHER reasons. And that's ANOTHER argument, not mine...

Amen to that.;):)

There is a disconnect as to what the definition of 'rational analysis' means to you and to me. I agree to disagree with you on that. ;)

My reiteration over and over again is not different than you doing the same thing. Funny how that works in the minds of us puny humans.:D

To sum it up...if all I was concerned about was money than I would agree with you...but since my end game is different....I have different life values and that is ok that yours are different than mine. But don't try to tell me what mine should be either. Peace my brother.

Reactions: zipp
Williamson set himself up to make a ton more endorsement dollars by coming back. Always nice to see an athlete who has as much heart as he does brain. Hard to not root for him.
I like how he plays. He plays hard and has the skill set to make jaw dropping plays. He is a better version of LeBron James when LJ was 18, and he appears to be a whole lot smarter than LJ will ever be, not that THAT really matters. LJ is super rich, and ZW is soon to be.

His brand isn't improving anymore at this point in terms of dollars. He's already a legend of sorts, and that maybe improves at the collegiate level if he never plays another minute. The "what if" scenario...

Anyone who thinks that Williamson’s peaked - either right now or in the near future - as far as maximum off court earning potential, is utterly clueless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT