ADVERTISEMENT

Zen Michalski:

73Card

1500+
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2006
This one hurts.

The Floyd Central (Indiana) product committed to Louisville on April 25, about a month and a half into the COVID-19-induced recruiting dead period. Because he was unable to visit anywhere, and because he saw recruiting classes filling up all over the country, he decided to pull the trigger on the Cardinals’ offer and secure his spot.

However, once his senior season hit, he was able to put more film out for college coaches to see, and that paved the way for offers from Ohio State, Florida State and Penn State (an offer that came on Sunday) after he got six games under his belt this fall.

“It was the right spot at the time,” Michalski told Eleven Warriors, detailing some reasons for decommitting from the Cardinals. “But now, with different options, seeing everything else and seeing what everyone else has to offer, I just feel like I fit a little bit better somewhere else.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...plans-to-narrow-list-and-make-a-decision-soon

I think he's going to ink with Ohio State. Guy, says it's his " dream school ". I would caution Zen on a couple of things. Local kids; Yea I consider Floyd Central ' Local', have not fared well at OSU. Years ago, the Ellis kid had a few solid years, before blowing out his knee his junior year. Other than Ellis ???.

Although, Zen may get a forth star, he's at best a below average talent, at OSU. The OSU roster is stocked with
young talent on the Oline. All highly recruited 4 and 5 star guys, that played at much higher profile high school programs.

In summary, to be blunt. IF he see's the field it will not be until his 4th or 5th year in the program and even then I am not convinced he's going to get a lot of PT.

Not sour grapes, just being honest.

Last edited:
This one hurts.

The Floyd Central (Indiana) product committed to Louisville on April 25, about a month and a half into the COVID-19-induced recruiting dead period. Because he was unable to visit anywhere, and because he saw recruiting classes filling up all over the country, he decided to pull the trigger on the Cardinals’ offer and secure his spot.

However, once his senior season hit, he was able to put more film out for college coaches to see, and that paved the way for offers from Ohio State, Florida State and Penn State (an offer that came on Sunday) after he got six games under his belt this fall.

“It was the right spot at the time,” Michalski told Eleven Warriors, detailing some reasons for decommitting from the Cardinals. “But now, with different options, seeing everything else and seeing what everyone else has to offer, I just feel like I fit a little bit better somewhere else.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...plans-to-narrow-list-and-make-a-decision-soon
Yes it does hurt. Looks like someone got to him to flip him. Maybe family. Just recruiting. Howard Snellenberger once said, when someone mentioned a player that he recruited and lost, that they did not worry about the ones that they did not get and that they coached the ones that they did get.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayoman
I agree with 73Card at OSU he probably won’t see the field much but I wish well wherever he goes.

Reactions: gocds
Zen still has us in his final four gang. Don’t give up yet. The BIg Ten could totally screw up their season and recruiting

Reactions: Mayoman
Not sure of all of the concern here. You cannot miss something you never had in the first place. I wish him well whether he goes to OSU or wherever. Perhaps he ends up at UofL but I doubt that. There is no need to blast this kid for this decision as I think, and hope, we are better than being a fan base that is negative toward those that do not choose UofL to further their athletic and academic careers.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!

If he’s as weak of a prospect, and is 3-4 years away from playing at OSU...why do we care if he flips?

We can, and do, get guys like that all day long.

I’d think we have some guys now who could play at OSU in 2-4 years, and we b!t@h about them all the time. 😉

Reactions: gocds and Mayoman
Simply put because that's how much better OSU's Oline and Oline prospects are better than ours. Same with Clemson and the rest of the usual suspects. And, No, we don't get players at Zen's level all day long. Even if he couldn't break the two deep at OSU for 3-5 years, he would still be an impact player for us,

Simply put because that's how much better OSU's Oline and Oline prospects are better than ours. Same with Clemson and the rest of the usual suspects. And, No, we don't get players at Zen's level all day long. Even if he couldn't break the two deep at OSU for 3-5 years, he would still be an impact player for us,
This defection just goes along with the thread the other day that we are about as high as we can expect to ever get. We get “commits”...until something better comes along.

This kid is a 2-4 year project at tOSU and would be an “impact” player for us? And we don’t have any as good as him?

That solidifies John L Smiths comment about knowing our place in the pecking order of college football.

Not sure of all of the concern here. You cannot miss something you never had in the first place. I wish him well whether he goes to OSU or wherever. Perhaps he ends up at UofL but I doubt that. There is no need to blast this kid for this decision as I think, and hope, we are better than being a fan base that is negative toward those that do not choose UofL to further their athletic and academic careers.

Exactly why I don't put much thought into recruits. Did you get my last private message to you?

This kid is a 2-4 year project at tOSU and would be an “impact” player for us? And we don’t have any as good as him?

Yes. Unfortunately, that's where we are at right now.

Exactly why I don't put much thought into recruits. Did you get my last private message to you?

I just read it and responded to you. Thanks.

Unfortunately, that's where we are at right now.
It good to be “arguing” sports! 🤙

Then tell me, how is “right now” not going to be the norm going forward? This is my 36th year watching our growth.

Win? How do we do that on a grand scale if we can’t get kids not to “flip”?

It is the classic “Catch-22”. We need to get good players to win...but we can’t get good players.

We are looking at what uk, WF, KSU, Miss St, Purdue and about 40-45 P5 schools have faced for years. There are 2-4 perennial “top 20” teams per conference, then a bunch of “Joe’s” trying every year to “catch up”.

They never do. Just not enough “top” players to filter down to Joe.

We are a Joe. Hopefully a Joe Sr. But still a Joe.

I was as excited as anybody when we got into the ACC but I said back then that we should be careful what we wish for. That it was going to help us in BB because we were a top BB school before. But all were were in FB was a solid program with great fan support.

Some said that being ACC would have FB recruits begging to come here. When does that start?

So we’re still changing helmets and uniforms because “recruits like them”.:rolleyes: When does that start? Kids are still flipping.

All the above mentioned schools have been fighting the “top 20” for 50 years...and are still Joe’s.

No, I don’t want to go back to CUSA.

But my “excitement” and anticipation of “great” things has diminished greatly. We are

We got what we wished for. Now we will enjoy it as much as we can, but I will do it without “great”expectations. We will still have to do “more with less” and that will be much tougher in a P5 conference.

A 3-5 place will be very good for us going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT