ADVERTISEMENT

Yuts Skunked

UK enjoyed a nice run these last 6 years or so, but it appears to be regressing back to its position near the bottom of the SEC East. Even with Levis and Rodrigues, they struggled and lost to Vanderbilt.

Iowa has a very good Defense, but UK’s offensive line is no where close to where it was a few years ago.

UK enjoyed a nice run these last 6 years or so, but it appears to be regressing back to its position near the bottom of the SEC East. Even with Levis and Rodrigues, they struggled and lost to Vanderbilt.

Iowa has a very good Defense, but UK’s offensive line is no where close to where it was a few years ago.
And it is only going to get worse with the arrival of Coach Brohm and with Texas and. Oklahoma coming.

I think their window is closing. They still are recruiting really well. Their defense is really good. A 9 game SEC schedule is going to be brutal.

Early recruiting-transfer take away Brohm is going to beef up the DLine. Louisville approach to the game will change and match their intensity.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
They have been most effective in the transfer portal with two consecutive QBs arriving with both experience and talent, but have struggled attracting a top quality HS Senior QB.

Reactions: Sioux Falls Eric
QB depth is going to be a challenge. One spot makes tough, it requires patience eventually 2nd-3rd string guys leave. They are screwed if Leary gets hurt. Really no different than Louisville with Malik. When you have an established guy why go there?

They played a true freshman knowing they would lose a guy to transfer. Why would a high school guy commit to them? He has no shot of being the guy.

UK improved for sure over these last 5 or 6 years, but clearly disappointed after obtaining their highest ranking since Fran Curci (I may be mistaken there) was coaching there.

With that said, UK truly benefitted from the simultaneously timed decline of opponents UL, South Carolina, Missouri, UF and even UT to a lesser degree; each one rebounding. Add in their additional mild non-conference schedule and it explains in part their success.

Huge and talented Offensive Lines and extremely powerful RBs sure contributed as well. I do give Stoops credit though, as clearly he made that team much better than what he inherited.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT