ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes…

BPGhost

6000+
Jun 23, 2015
10-0 after two possessions. As bad as UVA has been offensively, this looks to get very ugly, very quickly.

Doman looks super unprepared. 😳

If UVA keeps dropping passes and turning the ball over, UofL might sneak out with the dub.

Don’t remember the opponent (that 62-59 wake game maybe?) but Doman’s run very reminiscent of a long TD run by Conley.

Reactions: PushupMan
41-416284_doh-homer-simpson-quotes-on-quotestopics-homer-simpson.png

Solid win for sure. Great adjustments on both sides of the ball and nice play calling by Lance Taylor. OL and DL both played inspired. Hope they can use the bye week to build on this.

Reactions: CardsDan
Well I was wrong. I am done predicting win or losses this group. You just never know.

This team was surrounded with all kinds of negativity this week.
Malik being out.
Several other starters injured and also out.
Rumors that Coach Satterfield is getting fired.
Then they get down 10-0 on the road and it looks like a blow out is imminent.
Low and Behold this team’s character shows up once again and we win big.
These guys don’t always win but they fight. They play hard and they never quit.
Kudos to Coach Satterfiel, the backup QB and the entire squad. Great win.

Reactions: rockycard
This team was surrounded with all kinds of negativity this week.
Malik being out.
Several other starters injured and also out.
Rumors that Coach Satterfield is getting fired.
Then they get down 10-0 on the road and it looks like a blow out is imminent.
Low and Behold this team’s character shows up once again and we win big.
These guys don’t always win but they fight. They play hard and they never quit.
Kudos to Coach Satterfiel, the backup QB and the entire squad. Great win.
Good win

That’s not what was reported during the game multiple times. Did Satterfield contradict that?
Yes. In his postgame show he said he called the plays. Time to retract you compliment on the play calling.
We know you’d never compliment Coach Satterfield.

Yes. In his postgame show he said he called the plays. Time to retract you compliment on the play calling.
We know you’d never compliment Coach Satterfield.
The compliment stands regardless of who called the plays. I’ll say it certainly is curious - given that Satterfield said that Taylor would be calling the plays and constant shots of him on the sideline showed him the majority of UofL’s offensive possessions with no game play chart in his hands.

Was he calling them from memory? Maybe he thought - given his situation - it would play better for him if he said he called the plays. Like Koz mentioned - play calls were decidedly different than what we’re used to seeing from him.

Funny how the “calls” look so much better when the players execute.
No doubt but, the structure and sequencing were different than what we’ve seen the past few years. I’d say that Dohmann being in may have led to it but, Satterfield’s play calls never really variated when Conley was in at QB. 🤔

If it is true and Satterfield called the plays today it was totally different from what he has called the past 4 years, I don’t buy it.
This!!!! The play calling was totally different and the announcers seemed to have some insight on this. On the post game show Satterfiend said he called the plays. Seems like a desperate attempt to grab credit for another coaches work. Sad.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
That’s not what was reported during the game multiple times. Did Satterfield contradict that?
It was reported on the post game radio show that Satt indeed made the calls. Not sure how accurate that was because I didn’t hear it directly from Satt.

Reactions: rh62531
I think you have to have QB’s that can throw accurately under pressure. It really is the difference between average, good and great QB’s. How many times did Dohmann throw accurately with someone in his face or right before taking a hit. As players progress from high school, to college and pro’s pocket presence/coolness has to be really good because QB’s will have more quick pressure.

The more athletic guys natural instinct is to run when there is pressure. Gifted runners eyes immediately go from receivers to where is my escape hatch. I would think it is almost impossible task for coaches to drill out of a kid. You are dealing with 12-13 years of a kid doing it his way and changing him in a faster paced environment.

Malik for whatever reason hasn’t trained himself to be a pocket passer. I just don’t think you can win close games with a running QB unless your Oline is outstanding. At some point that running QB has to make throws to win games.

^^^^^^^ exactly! Malik is one of the most athletic QBs in all of college football, and a warrior every game. His inability to throw accurately in so many critical situations explains why we have lost some close games despite his huge contribution in all contests. Interesting to see who plays the rest of the season.

Reactions: Guardman
Go ahead and sack me on this idea. I do believe that Malik is often the best player on the field. That said, he often is not the best QB on the field. To make the best use of Malik, get the ball in his hands where he can do the most with it. That may mean a move to RB, slot receive or wide out. I don’t think anyone (including Malik if he was being honest) expects Malik to play QB at the next level, so why not show how he can be better used right now?
Play a true pocket passer at QB then get Malik the ball in space where he does his best work.
Peace

I agree with the idea of moving Malik to a slot receiver he would be a huge threat and give us another weapon. I also agree that I don’t think Malik will make it as a quarterback in the NFL.

I wouldn’t have thought that there would be any way that Satterfield would move on / demote Malik but, given his precarious position and Domann’s success yesterday - who knows. Perhaps it pushes Malik to be better in that phase though his style is pretty baked in. Maybe Domann gets a couple series as Brian Brohm did as a freshman.

If nothing else, they better continue to provide practice reps to Domann as who knows how Malik’s concussion situation will affect his availability the rest of the year.

Go ahead and sack me on this idea. I do believe that Malik is often the best player on the field. That said, he often is not the best QB on the field. To make the best use of Malik, get the ball in his hands where he can do the most with it. That may mean a move to RB, slot receive or wide out. I don’t think anyone (including Malik if he was being honest) expects Malik to play QB at the next level, so why not show how he can be better used right now?
Play a true pocket passer at QB then get Malik the ball in space where he does his best work.
Peace
I agree with all of your points except that it’s too late in the game(Malik’s UofL career) to switch on the field positions permanently for the rest of the season. If he’s invited to the NFL combine he should workout with the WR, and RB

It just cracks me up how people say just play wide receiver, like running routes or catching balls is easy to learn. Malik has played QB for 5 years now in college and has never even seen a glimpse of playing receiver. The notion he should now is ridiculous.

If anything he could maybe rush the ball as a running back, but he would never last physically doing that for a entire game. I hate to burst people's bubbles but Malik Cunningham is a QB and that's what he will be for the rest of his career at Louisville.

Reactions: BPGhost
I don’t think Dohmann is the the answer. I think his game Saturday was good illustration of the importance of throwing under pressure.

I think Satterfields system requires a Sam Hartman or Armstrong kind of QB. Good arm with a good pocket presence with enough speed to create big plays with their feet. That is ideal for his system.

It just cracks me up how people say just play wide receiver, like running routes or catching balls is easy to learn. Malik has played QB for 5 years now in college and has never even seen a glimpse of playing receiver. The notion he should now is ridiculous.

If anything he could maybe rush the ball as a running back, but he would never last physically doing that for a entire game. I hate to burst people's bubbles but Malik Cunningham is a QB and that's what he will be for the rest of his career at Louisville.
Just saying that if Malik wants to pursue a professional football career he’s most likely to have to do it as something other than a QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT