ADVERTISEMENT

Wright State

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Coming off 3 decent showings against the higher regarded Mississippi team(MSU), the Raiders come to open the home season at Patterson tomorrow.
This is, I believe,a rematch of the 2018 regional.
Guess who'll be gunning to knock us off?
These are basically 2 different teams from 2018,but there are some guys on both sides that played in that regional.

Do we know that Wright gets the start tomorrow?
This is going to be a good game.
Sunny and 48. I think we'll have to take it.

Do we know that Wright gets the start tomorrow?
This is going to be a good game.
Sunny and 48. I think we'll have to take it.
Prosecky will be the starter. Go Cards!

PS - I think it was in the 2016 Regional we faced them. We also beat them in a single midweek game at Patterson in 2018. Surprisingly we only hold a 9-7 series edge against them.

Last edited:
Reactions: earsky
Since he pitched this weekend it would seem odd that he would start today.

Yeah,it was 2 innings,but they chased him in the 2nd one,which inflated that ERA.
I guess that Kerry is being brought along very cautiously.

PS - I think it was in the 2016 Regional we faced them. We also beat them in a single midweek game at Patterson in 2018. Surprisingly we only hold a 9-7 series edge against them.
Boy, seems like it was yesterday doesn't it and it was 4 years ago.
Scratch what I said about players left over. I do expect to see their best today.
Can't wait.

Cards down early going into top of 2nd. Prosecky was very shaky giving up 2 base hits followed by 2 k’s. Thought he was out of it on a non called 3rd strike. Seems like umpires have it out for us as well... Next guy hits a 2 run triple. Cards get 2 on themselves in the bottom of the 1st with Rushing striking out to end the inning. Go Cards!

That was fast for Wright. 1st guy gets on by error on Benefield. Next guy gets bloop hit followed by a run throwing error by Wright on a bunt attempt. Wright St up 8-3... Tate Kuenhner FR to pitch.

I didn’t realize how young the pitching staff is outside the main 4. This is going to be a middle of the road team in the ACC. So far none of freshman have that electric stuff.

Offensively they aren’t doing much with running is scoring position or in key spots.

It's gonna be fine fellas. We are banged up. Btw, I don't think Schmeltz pitched last weekend.
We will see Wright State again in June, here in the regional. They are good.

It's gonna be fine fellas. We are banged up. Btw, I don't think Schmeltz pitched last weekend.
We will see Wright State again in June, here in the regional. They are good.

Definitely not time to stress or panic. Starting the season 1-3 and with a 3 game losing streak, I did not see coming. Hopefully, in a few months we can look back a say "whew, things started rough." The team hasn't quite settled in yet. Let's sweep Valpo.

Reactions: earsky
This is painful to watch. Yesterday was not a fun opening day at the park,so I apologize for my emotions last night.
I do believe that Wright State will win their conference.
Just too many injuries, but I guess I'd rather have everybody back in a month to get hot at the right time as opposed to peaking too soon.
The team still has to dig in and win the ones that they're supposed to.

Reactions: Bardman
I talked to someone closer to the program than me yesterday. He said Schmeltz has something going on, but not sure what.
I think Albanese pitched on Sunday.

Reactions: nccardfan
Kinda thought Albanese might be a mid week starter candidate coming in.
He may have been moved to middle relief for right handed need. Idk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT