ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: WR LeBron Hill Commits UPDATE: Flips To Purdue

I have watched the ebbs and flows between UL and UK football for over 50+ years. I see WR Hill’s selection of UL over the favored Wildcats as further evidence that Brohm is well on his way to moving the Cards past UK.

Is it just money? Is that what we’re down to? With rivalries blown up, traditions destroyed, players mere mercenaries with little or no educational investment, I don’t think college sports is worth watching anymore. I’ll just stick to the NFL. All that was special about college football is gone.

The games are still entertaining. The only question is can your team be competitive? The paying players will evolve and so will the reactions to that reality. Once paying players becomes bargained the reaction will be to limit roster sizes.

The Universities are going to have to costs in admin and players. One way to cut cost is limit roster sizes. Having 85 players isn’t necessary it is just doable in today landscape. Don’t think that will be the case in the future. The Power 5 will come up with a roster limit then your school will figure it out or drop down a level. Obviously the SEC and Big Ten will be able to fund bigger rosters if they want. The ACC and Big 12 may have teams that would have trouble maintaining a large roster. Wake, Duke, Boston College, Colorado, Iowa State all come to mind.

This shift will end up hurting a large group of high school players. Smaller rosters less opportunity.

I guess the "1000% committed" threw me. I thought he would stick for at least a month. I just wonder what happened to go from 1000 to zero in a couple of days. When I was that age, as now, my word meant something. Unless he was completely mislead and found out immediately, I just don't get it. If that is what happened, Jeff needs to address it with his staff.

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT