ADVERTISEMENT

Wow...Paul Finebaum goes off on CBP

Feb 3, 2014
Just watched College Football Live (ESPN Networks will be on ESPNU at 5:00). Paul Finebaum just blew a nasty rant about CBP all based upon Pitrino's comments after the BC game. Finebaum needs to be fired!!! I have never seen anyone come off as nasty and biased as he just did. Don't have a link to the clip, hope someone else can find it but I gotta say this is a clear move on his part to influence the committee agains CBP. Watch it at 5:00 today if you can.

Haven't heard it but nothing the dude says surprises me. SEC homer and constantly makes statements that make you shake your head, hit rewind on the dvr to make sure you heard correctly, then shake you head again once you realize you did hear correctly.

Haven't heard it but nothing the dude says surprises me. SEC homer and constantly makes statements that make you shake your head, hit rewind on the dvr to make sure you heard correctly, then shake you head again once you realize you did hear correctly.
That's what I thought too, that nothing he says would surprise me. This truly surprised me. And he starts it off with, "Well....without going into all the sordid details..." Then he totally rips CBP in a totally unprofessional way. I've already written to ESPN to register my complaint. You need to watch it if you can.

I did get an email back from ESPN (canned) thanking me for my feedback and saying my comments were being forwarded to the appropriate personnel for review and consideration. So....I've got that going for me.....which is nice....
Love the Caddyshack reference, Oldham. I dont see what's wrong with what CBP said. We shouldn't have to run up the score on somebody just to impress some dumb committee. But when you leave it up to opinions, that's what happens. Idiots like Finebaum have a voice in deciding the next champ, instead of the players on the field. Sad....

Love the Caddyshack reference, Oldham. I dont see what's wrong with what CBP said. We shouldn't have to run up the score on somebody just to impress some dumb committee. But when you leave it up to opinions, that's what happens. Idiots like Finebaum have a voice in deciding the next champ, instead of the players on the field. Sad....
That's the point, there was nothing in what CBP said that should have set anyone off. Finebaum ended with, "So Bobby Pierino, the next time you have something to say please just shut up." Unbelievable!!!

Reactions: Cue Card
I was going to post this earlier. Glad the op posted it. That SEC dude on espn is the worlds biggest tool and troll. I won't mention his name because it makes my stomach bile lift to my throat.

i-just-realized-paul-finebaum-looks-like-that-yellow-bastard-2554010.png

Finebaum has become a caraciture of himself. He used to be a legit journalist/radio host. ESPN came calling and now he's Morton Downey Jr. It was just weeks ago Finebaum was declaring Petrino a great coach and promoting him for the LSU job. Don't let it bother you. He's got a job to do. And, that's to say things people will react to.

Finebaum has become a caraciture of himself. He used to be a legit journalist/radio host. ESPN came calling and now he's Morton Downey Jr. It was just weeks ago Finebaum was declaring Petrino a great coach and promoting him for the LSU job. Don't let it bother you. He's got a job to do. And, that's to say things people will react to.

That crap is so played out. You'd think it would get old. Nope. Keep selling out the integrity of everything for instant crap ratings. What a bunch of tools.

I heard it. Finebaum played the morality card which is a stretch from Petrino's "sportsmanship" remark. In essence, Finebaum equated that to Petrino bringing up character as a coaching attribute, and that he (Petrino) has it.

What that attribute in football has to do with life off the field is for Finebaum to explain. He's an SEC talking head, and that's the credibility he should be accorded.

And there's no such thing as bad publicity...

Really? Someone in the national media criticized some stupid comment from your coach and you are upset? Really? Did the head coach at Toledo say the same idiotic thing? You have no idea if he did, do you. What is life like on the turnip truck?

Yeah i saw that spit was flying out of his Alabama kisser the dude on with him was red in the face when he finally shut up, he didn't know what to say or how to respond he just said tell us how you really feel Paul.

IF (somehow) we make it to the final playoff rankings @ 4, he and Joey Galloway will explode on national TV and further embaress themselves which will be fun to watch. :D
I think Galloway goes off on Louisville to try and ensure Ohio State is in it instead of Louisville i noticed he really ramped up the rhetoric after OSU lost. Finebaum attacks Louisville so he can try to get another SEC team in instead of the Ville so he ramps it up even harder after TAMU lost they are pretty transparent in their intentions.

I think Galloway goes off on Louisville to try and ensure Ohio State is in it instead of Louisville i noticed he really ramped up the rhetoric after OSU lost. Finebaum attacks Louisville so he can try to get another SEC team in instead of the Ville so he ramps it up even harder after TAMU lost they are pretty transparent in their intentions.
Bingo! Galloway is just another OSU shill working for Disney. He has been much more critical of UofL in the past than old Drainpipe Neck. At least we are on their minds.

But that's just my take from the back of the Turnip Truck.

Really? Someone in the national media criticized some stupid comment from your coach and you are upset? Really? Did the head coach at Toledo say the same idiotic thing? You have no idea if he did, do you. What is life like on the turnip truck?
Cardlaw, what happened to you? I remember when you were a reasonable poster who gave valuable input on legal matters. Are you still in there somewhere? Did some stupid LPT fan hijack your screen name? There is therapy for this type of thing. Professionals can help.

And there's no such thing as bad publicity...

And there it is!

ESPN has been hyping Lamar all year, brought GameDay to Louisville, and was a big part of Louisville's transitional phase during the early & mid 2000's. ESPN does not have some agenda against Louisville! PF is just ranting to get people talking, and as long as they are talking about Louisville, it's good. He'll probably contradict everything in 3 weeks from now. No one today cares about a motorcycle ride 5 years & 2 jobs ago ago, but today they do want to see Lamar Jackson score 7 touchdowns in a game. Let PF talk about Louisville in the playoffs all he wants in whatever context he wishes.

Last edited:

Cardlaw likes messing with those who let themselves be messed with.

Reactions: Cue Card
I'm not saying that this will happen tonight because it probably won't, but wouldn't it be funny if we went to #5 behind OSU? Honestly I think we are the 5th best team in the country. I'm not disrespecting Washington in the least, they'll get their shot to prove it w/USC, Washington State, but at this moment, Louisville is the 5th best team in my opinion.

People say and talk about the eye test, well for us, we hammered FSU, and nearly beat Clemson, plus the fact we've scored 50 or more points more than once this season, to me Louisville's eye test shows that they are 1 of the 4 best teams now, but the committee won't do the same..........yet.

Damn straight. How often was Louisville talked about during the Krag years when we were losing recruiting battles to powerhouses like Akron & Buffalo?
Or how often were seriously talked about during the days of 41 and 9? I can remember Terry Bradshaw saying, "Who wants to watch Louisville?" before the bowl announcements before we went to Orange Bowl. Love Terry to death, but that hurt. We've come a long way, baby!

Or how often were seriously talked about during the days of 41 and 9? I can remember Terry Bradshaw saying, "Who wants to watch Louisville?" before the bowl announcements before we went to Orange Bowl. Love Terry to death, but that hurt. We've come a long way, baby!
I would say probably more than want to watch La tech, Terry.
The story I always heard about TB is that he couldn't spell "CAT" if you spotted him the C and the A. I believe it.

Did he really say that? Man, **** him, his Stillers, and their boring Wing-T 3 yards and a cloud of dust "Steel Curtain." LOL. As if I needed another reason to hate the ^&*^%&*(@($#mother&*(&)#*$& Stillers.

For context, you know how zipp feels about the Cayuts? That's how I feel about the *&#*(&#*((*)&mother*&#*&$!sonofa&*)#*&$)!****ing Pittsburgh Steelers. **** them.

Cardlaw, what happened to you? I remember when you were a reasonable poster who gave valuable input on legal matters. Are you still in there somewhere? Did some stupid LPT fan hijack your screen name? There is therapy for this type of thing. Professionals can help.

It is the false dichotomy petrino used and then Valvano doubled down on yesterday. The issue is not margin of victory. It is about controlling the game against bad teams. Both Louisville and Clemson let bad teams control them until the final second before the bad teams did what bad teams do - fail to make a simple play in front of them. In UVA's case it was the failure to knock down a fourth down pass right in front of the defender and in NCSU's case it was blowing a chip shot FG.

From an outsider, objective point of view, good teams do not rely on bad teams to make late critical mistakes in order to win. If UL or Clemson had won those games by 14 or 17 points controlling the game pretty much from the start of the 4th or earlier I suspect the committee would have been fine with it. But having to catch a break at the end is a negative mark.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT