ADVERTISEMENT

Wouldn't shock me to see an All-ACC Final Four.

SchmidtyNole

5000+
Feb 19, 2007
It is a longshot but I could easily see that happening. UNC and Virginia have to be considered good bets to make it. Duke has to get by in all likelihood Gonzaga and Oregon and that could easily happen. Then Miami has to get by in all likelihood Villanova and Kansas. And Miami is a good team so that can definitely happen. And you never know, maybe Syracuse and Notre Dame can get in there and spoil the party. It's too bad Louisville had to sit out this tournament. No doubt you guys would have had a good shot to make the Final Four.

I'm all for it but I see Notre Dame going out today against a gritty Stephen F Austin team. I also can't see Duke beating a very good and super athletic Oregon team. Agree about UNC and Virginia and I do believe Miami is Final Four good but to have to get by both Villanova and Kansas is brutal.

My FF from here would be Oregon, Villanova, UNC and Virginia

Villanova might be the best team in the country right now. They are humiliating a decent Iowa team, up 32 on the Hawkeyes early in the 2nd half.

Last edited:
I'm all for it but I see Notre Dame going out today against a gritty Stephen F Austin team. I also can't see Duke beating Gonzaga and then a very good and super athletic Oregon team. Agree about UNC and Virginia and I do believe Miami is Final Four good but to have to get by both Villanova and Kansas is brutal.

My FF from here would be Oregon, Villanova, UNC and Virginia

Villanova might be the best team in the country right now. They are humiliating a decent Iowa team, up 32 on the Hawkeyes early in the 2nd half.
I agree that Villanova is very good. But they definitely have an athletic mismatch against this Iowa team that they wouldn't have against Miami. For comparison, Villanova played one ACC team this year and that was a loss to Virginia 86-75.

I agree that Villanova is very good. But they definitely have an athletic mismatch against this Iowa team that they wouldn't have against Miami. For comparison, Villanova played one ACC team this year and that was a loss to Virginia 86-75.
Not sure there is much value to comparing a game played in mid-December at Virginia (where the Cavaliers haven't lost since January 2015, 25 straight wins) to how Villanova is playing now on neutral courts.

I still like your optimism though.

Not sure there is much value to comparing a game played in mid-December at Virginia (where the Cavaliers haven't lost since January 2015, 25 straight wins) to how Villanova is playing now on neutral courts.

I still like your optimism though.
I agree Villanova is very good. My main point hinged more on the fact that there is no comparison between Miami and Iowa either athletically or how they are playing right now. This Iowa team was in a free fall at the end of the season which is how they ended up down as a 7 seed. Miami is more athletic than Iowa and they are playing better basketball right now which is when it really counts. I just don't think the way Nova played against Iowa is an indicator of how they do against Miami. Heck, Nova may blow MIami out. But we'll find out when Miami and Villanova play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT