ADVERTISEMENT

Would like to see us get Quick involved in the offense Saturday...

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
2 catches, 20 yards @ PITT, shut out game before that vs UVA.

The guy is just too talented to not use. I know he's struggled at times, but I'd really like to see the staff call his # early in the UK game.

We know this game matters to him, he understands the rivalry. He can help us win it, but we have to give him a chance to do so.

They called his number early in the Pitt game and he dropped the ball. He is not consistent enough catching the ball. I do applaud his effort on special teams though.

Yeah, I know. I'm ok with him getting a few more targets if the first one fails.

He dropped a poorly thrown pass, you got to admit.

If he can't catch balls consistently (after 3 years mind you) how you figure he's that "talented?"

His monster game @ FSU. You don't break loose for 3 TD receptions and 100 + yards against that team if you aren't talented.

He's just not consistent.

He has the hands of a DB.

Throw it at his head, or back, and he'll catch it. Worst place to hit him is the hands.

I wish they would find ways to get him the ball in the running game. I agree he drops far too many balls.

They called his number early in the Pitt game and he dropped the ball. He is not consistent enough catching the ball. I do applaud his effort on special teams though.
The early crossing route was a poorly thrown ball. I dont think anyone on roster could have caught it.

He didn't drop the ball. Even Groh said it was a bad throw. Staples has been unbelievably productive recently. I don't if it is because he "doesn't drop the ball" or other receivers are in position to give him more one on one opportunities. Whatever the reason he is getting most of

I could be wrong but quick seems to "get hurt" almost every game and takes himself out. I wonder if he just doesn't like to go across the middle. Seems tentative at times.

I could be wrong but quick seems to "get hurt" almost every game and takes himself out. I wonder if he just doesn't like to go across the middle. Seems tentative at times.
You have to catch the balls up the middle. That's crazy territory but sometimes it's perfect because the typically slower LB's guys cover it and there is green in front. Unfortunately, those LB's also hit the hardest.

Reactions: GoldCard
You have to catch the balls up the middle. That's crazy territory but sometimes it's perfect because the typically slower LB's guys cover it and there is green in front. Unfortunately, those LB's also hit the hardest.
Particularly if you are going to line up in the slot. They moved him there because he was unable to create separation from the CB when he was on the outside. All the talent in the world isn't going to stop him from hearing footsteps.

It's not as though he doesn't like contact (I'm looking at you Wiggins) and as willing a tackler as he is, he might make a good CB - lord knows we could use some toughness on that side of the ball. He sure isn't making an nfl roster as a WR.

Reactions: Senore2006
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT