ADVERTISEMENT

Willie Taggart

Chapman123

800+
Jan 20, 2018
Louisville
From the day he was hired I never understood why this hire was made. Why was he hired? Was it to show the country that FSU is "progressive"? I dont get it. He was 7-5 at Oregon....hes 0-1 in bowl games and has a record of 52-57 overall.....

What made this man deserving of a program like FSU? Unless he lights the world on fire, I could see them firing him after next season and deservingly so.

Reactions: TopCatCal and gocds
He was hired at FSU for the same reason Ron Cooper was hired here. WT is not a good coach and FSU will be replacing him after three years, perhaps even two years. This will cost them millions. Believe me, there are African American coaches out there that are far better choices than Willie Taggart and just a little investigation would have discovered this. WTH Charlie Strong would have been a much better choice than WT. But their best choice is coaching at Texas A&M as we speak.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: TopCatCal
From the day he was hired I never understood why this hire was made. Why was he hired? Was it to show the country that FSU is "progressive"? I dont get it. He was 7-5 at Oregon....hes 0-1 in bowl games and has a record of 52-57 overall.....

What made this man deserving of a program like FSU? Unless he lights the world on fire, I could see them firing him after next season and deservingly so.
His tenure at Western was spent elevating them from FCS to FBS. USF was in rebuild mode after Skip Holtz, as was Oregon when he got there, therefore I don't put much stock in his overall record. However, I don't expect him to remain at FSU while flirting with mediocrity for very long.

Reactions: TopCatCal
Liberals with their white guilt that's always trying to prove to others how progressive they are. Ruin & destroy everything that they get control over. The mighty Florida State football program is getting ready to find this out the hard way.

Reactions: Chapman123

Heard Brohm is willing to listen in order to get $10 million a year out of the boiler boys!

Liberals with their white guilt that's always trying to prove to others how progressive they are. Ruin & destroy everything that they get control over. The mighty Florida State football program is getting ready to find this out the hard way.
Says a cayut

He was hired at FSU for the same reason Ron Cooper was hired here. WT is not a good coach and FSU will be replacing him after three years, perhaps even two years. This will cost them millions. Believe me, there are African American coaches out there that are far better choices than Willie Taggart and just a little investigation would have discovered this. WTH Charlie Strong would have been a much better choice than WT. But their best choice is coaching at Texas A&M as we speak.

Jumbo = OVERRATED!

Why does this bother you so much? Hope not for the reason I suspect.

Reactions: The Public Enemy

He is going to be FARRRRR'D. Like Nebraska firing Frank Solich, doing dumbass things like effectively running off Fisher can set you back a bit. Karma.

He is going to be FARRRRR'D. Like Nebraska firing Frank Solich, doing dumbass things like effectively running off Fisher can set you back a bit. Karma.
I think Jimbo was ready to go someplace and start over. Hell, his wife was sleeping with half of Tallahassee

Jimbo came up getting $7.5 million a year to come in 2nd or 3rd in the SECW. Plus A&M has way more support and money than FSU.

Reactions: gocds

You have no idea why FS chose WT. I seriously doubt it was because of his skin color. You need to look at the man in the mirror.

"Taggart is no stranger to tough beginnings. His previous three teams — Oregon, USF and Western Kentucky — were a combined 7-29 the year before Taggart took over as head coach. Oregon was the most successful program he inherited at 4-8 the year before his arrival, and his alma mater, Western Kentucky, was the most challenging at 2-10 the season before he took over."

"When it was all said and done, Taggart left each program significantly better than when he arrived and the AD Coburn said he expects his latest rebuilding project to yield the same results down the road."

I still don’t think WT is that great of a coach. But I assume the jury is still out on that decision.

I still don’t think WT is that great of a coach. But I assume the jury is still out on that decision.

Maybe in those situations, an average coach is all you need. FSU needs a great coach to be what they aspire to

Willie is known as a terrific recruiter and was stealing kids out of Florida while he was in Oregon. Also, his first year everywhere he's been have been so-so but years 2-3 are pretty good.

Tag starts this way--slow--at all of his gigs. The FSU experience isn't unusual.

It's true that FSU is an exceptional program and can get coaches that most other schools can't. They didn't have to take a step back before taking two forward like most schools have to. But I don't think the final chapter has been written on Tag...

Kids flock to brand schools as long as they have a decent coach. We will know how good a coach he is in the next 2 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT