ADVERTISEMENT

Willie Taggart watch

Louisvillian

6000+
Oct 27, 2006
Right or wrong (and it’s still early in his tenure), Taggart is going to be feeling some serious heat in Tallahassee after an epic collapse today.

At home, After leading Boise St 24-6, the Seminoles got outscored 30-7 and had 68 total yards in the 2nd half while Boise racked up 621 total yards for the game. Ouch.

He was a horrible hire for FSU. Just consider what their former coach is doing at Texas A&M. Their arrogant fanbase is getting exactly what they deserve. FSU has some very good talent but it is sorely misused. If I were recruiting against them I’d get their “commitment” list and go after each and every one of them. Maybe he could go back to USF because they just might be needing a new coach.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

He just didn't seem to fit from the get go.
To me, where he was terrible fit was at Oregon. They went from the high flying spread to a grind it out Jim Harbaugh disciple. I think he deserves a chance to finish the year out.

I was surprised when they hired him, with the tradition and caliber of the FSU program I would have thought they would have gone for a bigger name. They should have the ability to go after a top coach from a top program.

Reactions: Mayoman
Maybe he could go back to USF because they just might be needing a new coach.
Charlie is just another name in the list of “I-never-should-have-left-Louisville” club.

If CSS does what we believe he will someone should show him that list ;)

If I am AD looking at a current head coach did he build his program to a championship level over several years. I think AD get caught in only looking at head coaches in power 5 and think more resources or arrogance leads them to making really bad hires.

Taggart has been more interested in moving up the ladder in stead of building a program. At the end of day kids and recruits pick up on it is really about him not the team.

Mushchamp was given his shot at Flordia. Which was a good hire at the time. He was a long time assistant that could recruit. He got fired. He is not a good head coach. He wasn’t all of sudden going to be a good coach at USC.

I thought Mac Brown was a terrible hire but I was wrong. He built UNC and Texas he is a
proven program builder. They looked physical and they are recruiting at a really high level. They will win the Coastal in 2 or 3 years.

I like the Satterfield hire because he knows how to build a winning program. His only problem is can he find kids at this level to win the ACC. I like the Kansas State hire for the same reason. These coaches that build winning programs for long period of time are tough to find. Here is another one Jim Tressel. Built Youngstown State into a powerhouse. They won’t leave because they know how hard it is to build trust and a winning program.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT