ADVERTISEMENT

Why not Bob Stoops

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
He was the only guy id take over Brohm.

He is 58, and well worth 6 million or more due to his experience and winning.

He did shoot down Auburn rumors.
He had the best offenses in the Big12.

Instead of coordinators, go after Stoops.
Im sure he has 5 good yrs left.

There is a rumor that if Lincoln Riley goes to the NFL, OU would go after Stoops

Reactions: td75 and wilkie01
He was the only guy id take over Brohm.

He is 58, and well worth 6 million or more due to his experience and winning.

He did shoot down Auburn rumors.
He had the best offenses in the Big12.

Instead of coordinators, go after Stoops.
Im sure he has 5 good yrs left.

There is a rumor that if Lincoln Riley goes to the NFL, OU would go after Stoops

This would really make the Cards against the Cats a real war and family fued!

Reactions: Cue Card
This would be the Tennessee situation fast. You can’t shoot high and miss twice. You make the job look like the ugly guy trying to go after all of the good looking chicks in the night club.

I've wondered about him. He quit very abruptly. Makes me wonder if health issues are involved.

Silly. Stoops the elder was washed up at the end of his career and Oklahoma immediately got better under Riley. He’d be slightly better than his marginal brother. No thanks

Silly. Stoops the elder was washed up at the end of his career and Oklahoma immediately got better under Riley. He’d be slightly better than his marginal brother. No thanks

Washed up huh......

Last 4 yrs of his career.
11-2 , 2nd in the Big12 won Sugar Bowl
8-5 , 4th, lost RA bowl
11-2, 1st lost Orange bowl
11-2 , 1st, won Sugar bowl.

You might want to rethink your statement.....

Doesn’t matter in the slightest. No chance - for multiple reasons - that he would come here.

Doubt it’s an option. For one he retired do to burnout. We need an up and comer someone with motivation and energy. Plus I doubt he would come to UofL because his brothers at SuCk. And I suspect there’s a move afoot to get him to Auburn.

I would say that if Bob Stoops wants to be a candidate that he should contact Vince Tyra. Perhaps that hasn’t happened yet.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Bob stoops was making 5 million a year when he retired... yeah he’s going to come out of retirement to coach at U of L... cmon Big game Bob!

Quoted from ESPN article:

Stoops said he did not base his decision on health reasons and that he has "had no incidents that would prevent me from coaching." A high-ranking Oklahoma athletic department official told ESPN's Gene Wojciechowski that Stoops' decision "was not an overnight revelation."

The source added that Stoops' father, Ron, suffered a heart attack and died while coaching a high school game in Ohio in the late 1980s and that Stoops has always had that in his mind. The source also said Stoops didn't want to get to the point at which the school forced him out, adding that he doesn't expect Stoops to coach again at any level.

"He didn't want to go from the sidelines to the graveyard," former coach Steve Spurrier told ESPN on Wednesday. "He pretty much was able to go out on top."

Link: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19571249/bob-stoops-steps-coach-oklahoma-sooners

Reactions: CardsFirst
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT