ADVERTISEMENT

Who do we need to win the FSU/Miami game?

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
I picked FSU to win, but im pulling for Miami.
Want to get a 2 game lead on FSU, since they won the H2H.

If Miami wins are they overconfident with a 2 game winning streak ?
They would be favored on the 9th.

Or would a Miami loss leave them beat up and deflated.

Alot of emotions in the Noles-Canes contest.

Reactions: Cue Card
I definitely think a Miami win is what we hope for. Distance ourselves from FSU. I also just always hate playing anyone off of a loss.

I'm rooting for a Miami win in 7 OTs, which results in a few worn out and banged up (but not actually injured) Miami players. FSU is right on our tail in the Atlantic standings at 3-3. Plus, Miami has always been probably my 2nd favorite college team.

I vote for Miami to win against FSU. Though, I think we just need to take care of our own business and things will work out great.

I picked FSU to win, but im pulling for Miami.
Want to get a 2 game lead on FSU, since they won the H2H.

If Miami wins are they overconfident with a 2 game winning streak ?
They would be favored on the 9th.

Or would a Miami loss leave them beat up and deflated.

Alot of emotions in the Noles-Canes contest.
IF we play the way we're capable of playing, we can beat every single team left on this schedule. Got to stay healthy and got to play up to par though. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

From a sports psychologist perspective (I'm not one,) you'd think you would want Miami to win. They'll be on a high that will ultimately crash. I'm sure not everyone is sold that Louisville is turning things around. Have the "lowly" Cards come to Miami, they think they got this after a big, emotional, rivalry win, and boom. They're dead.

They lose to FSU, and we get them angry.

Reactions: Cue Card
From a sports psychologist perspective (I'm not one,) you'd think you would want Miami to win. They'll be on a high that will ultimately crash. I'm sure not everyone is sold that Louisville is turning things around. Have the "lowly" Cards come to Miami, they think they got this after a big, emotional, rivalry win, and boom. They're dead.

They lose to FSU, and we get them angry.

I guess there is something of a recency bias to some extent, but we no more seem to be bothered by the legacies of Florida State and Miami the last Decade than we should fear the rebuilding of the Austrian army. I think we're more Miami's problem than they are ours and that comes from seeing the utter impotence of their offensive line all season somewhat directly leading to the appearance of a weak quarterbacking corps.

Honestly, dont care. I just hope they play a physical game that goes to the very end.

We lost to FSU, so an FSU loss helps us stay ahead of them in the Bowl selection order. If we both win out, they could be selected ahead of us since they would be 8-4 to our 9-3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT