ADVERTISEMENT

Which assistant football coach was suspended today?

Probably Klenakis since he was arrested on a DUI and reckless driving charge.

You are correct. I just found this:

Tight ends coach Chris Klenakis, 50, was charged about 1 a.m. Sunday with reckless driving, wanton endangerment, DUI and possession of alcohol.

Yep, some guys figure out their limits in their 20s, some in their 30s, some after they have kids, and some like this guy never do I suppose. Hell, he just likes to party I guess.

Reactions: wilkie01
I expect him to be dismissed. His actions were pretty damn egregious.
If what was reported is true, this dumbass needs to be canned now and his drivers license revoked. His BAC reportedly tested at .165 after barreling through a construction zone.

No sympathy for someone 50 years old, selfishly endangering people’s lives.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Big mistake, but I will be interested to see what CBP does. He has been given a few second chances in his career the last 8 or so years.......

My hat is off to you the UofL fans for not defending this idiot. No athletic department is immune from this. After all we at UK hired a drunk basketball coach Billy Gillispie that was a total embarrassment. Some things are a lot bigger than sports. And drunk driving is one of them. Klenakis needs to be fired & told don't let the door hit you in your rotten butt on the way out.

My hat is off to you the UofL fans for not defending this idiot. No athletic department is immune from this. After all we at UK hired a drunk basketball coach Billy Gillispie that was a total embarrassment. Some things are a lot bigger than sports. And drunk driving is one of them. Klenakis needs to be fired & told don't let the door hit you in your rotten butt on the way out.
Rod Strickland wasn’t fired by Calipari, he had multiple DUI’s.

First of all, yes he does need to be removed from a position in which he’s supposed to be an example or leader of young men. You can take this as far as you want. But I think to turn your back without offering support that he obviously needs (so he doesn’t go out and kill someone driving drunk) is also a mistake.

Maybe you should post this in the thread on the UofK board. Over there it’s all “only Louisville / Petrino would hire this guy.” No mention of Calipari bringing in Strickland after 3 DUIs.

My guess would be that Richard Owens is promoted from his staffer position.

Owens has been named interim tight ends coach. I could potentially see Klenakis retained but suspended from on-field duties for the entire season. The guy needs some help and shouldn’t coach this year.

Reactions: atiba
Rod Strickland wasn’t fired by Calipari, he had multiple DUI’s.
Maybe you should post this in the thread on the UofK board. Over there it’s all “only Louisville / Petrino would hire this guy.” No mention of Calipari bringing in Strickland after 3 DUIs.
Strickland is no longer at UK is he. You don't think a coach would leave the Kentucky basketball program for USF on his own do you? You can bet he was shown the door at UK.

And as far as me posting on Wildcat Lair about this. I DID NOT POST that UL/Petrino would hire this kind of a person. I posted that Petrino would hire this kind of a person. I DID NOT say that UofL would hire this kind of a person. Especially with your new Athletics Director.

Strickland is no longer at UK is he. You don't think a coach would leave the Kentucky basketball program for USF on his own do you? You can bet he was shown the door at UK.

And as far as me posting on Wildcat Lair about this. I DID NOT POST that UL/Petrino would hire this kind of a person. I posted that Petrino would hire this kind of a person. I DID NOT say that UofL would hire this kind of a person. Especially with your new Athletics Director.

Give it a rest Dude. Your babble is quickly becoming hard to ignore!
Evil-Baby-Meme-24.jpg

Reactions: clearthebases

He was on the Kentucky staff AFTER his third DUI. How dumb are you?

Strickland was HIRED by Calipari after multiple DUIs.
My point with suggesting you take your BS to the UofK board was because no one over there is praising UofL for suspending our coach. We can’t post over there unless we kiss UK’s a$$. You however are alllowed to snidely comment ON OUR BOARD about every negative story involving UofL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT