ADVERTISEMENT

Where does Louisville Rank ?

With this recruiting class that coach Mack is working on your have to think sooner than five years. I’d say two or three at the most

I think we continue to be a top 10 program year in, year out. This year, I think we will be in top 22-30 range throughout the season.

Next year ('19-'20), I foresee us being in that top 10-15 range, the following year ('20-'21) breaking top 10 and not looking back.

Just my $.02

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
The schedule this year is freaking brutal. The Cards are looking at double digit losses unless coach Mack performs a miracle coaching job and wins about 5 games this team has no business winning. It's possible but not plausable. If this team can win 18 to 20 games, it'll be a successful basketball season. I'm excited to see the product coach Mack will put on the floor. I got a feeling we're going to like what we see.

Go CARDS!!!

I think we continue to be a top 10 program year in, year out. This year, I think we will be in top 22-30 range throughout the season.

Next year ('19-'20), I foresee us being in that top 10-15 range, the following year ('20-'21) breaking top 10 and not looking back.

Just my $.02

For 2018-19, I think that's pretty optimistic. No depth this season, no incoming class. A great goal this year is a winning record in the ACC and making the NCAAT. That would be a huge success this year and is probably dependent on everyone staying healthy. Even if they don't do either of these things, I'm fine with it. Just show some effort and pride in the name on the front of the jersey, be a better team at the end than at the beginning. I bet they win and lose a few games unexpectedly. Everyone will need to chill and check themselves with the reality of the situation and not be all "FARRRRR THAT CHREEES MACK" if they end up in the NIT with a roster that needs walk-ons to play a 5-on-5 scrimmage.

After that I am on board with you. Next year these problems are rectified (I'm assuming this class holds, before anyone makes the point that they need to show up on campus). Nice mix of experience and young incoming talent. Depth. That's what she said. Definitely Top 25 next season 2019-20 and Top 10 2020-21 as that team will be absolutely loaded with talent and experience.

Last edited:
This year is going to be a roller coaster and I think we are a 35-45 ranked team that goes around 18-12. I think we lack depth at some key positions and we are VERY dependent on VJ nad Nwora taking HUGE steps forward, along with Enoch being as good as everyone says.

Next year, we take a pretty decent step forward and will be in the 20-30 range and playing for around a 6-8 seed in the tourney. We will be very dependent on 5-6 freshman, so that is a major wildcard!

2020 is the year I think we are back as a top 10 contender year in and year out. This is 2-3 years sooner than I thought back in March, so I'll take it!

If a disappointing loss against a rival appears what are the odds of "Fire xxx" would be seen? How long now does it take to "rebuild" a program with the expectations of the University of Louisville ?

This year is going to be brutal with the schedule we have.The 2019 class will be top 10-15.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT