ADVERTISEMENT

Where do the Cards stand w/ local prospects

Jhectus18

Three-Star Poster
Gold Member
Nov 17, 2018
The city of Louisville has some surefire stars in upcoming classes with Zakiyah Johsnon and Leah Macy in 2025, both Top 10 prospects in the class. Any news about their recruitments and where the Cards fall in line?

Reactions: mwdcard
According to CJ, Macy is leaving Mercy Academy. Some say say she is at a Indiana HS
but a friend tild me Bethlehem in E-town. I would assume Jeff is recruiting her but it
could be that this is one of those that just goes to the highest bidder, whoever that may be.

According to CJ, Macy is leaving Mercy Academy. Some say say she is at a Indiana HS
but a friend tild me Bethlehem in E-town. I would assume Jeff is recruiting her but it
could be that this is one of those that just goes to the highest bidder, whoever that may be.
Macy’s family was driving her in from E-town for the last two years. I think this was a family decision. I also was told by a person close to Mercy’s basketball program earlier this summer that her dream school is Tennessee. I saw her and her parents at multiple UofL games last season wearing Cardinal gear. I personally think that both Macy and Johnson goes to the school that best fits their needs athletically and short term, financially.

Macy’s family was driving her in from E-town for the last two years. I think this was a family decision. I also was told by a person close to Mercy’s basketball program earlier this summer that her dream school is Tennessee. I saw her and her parents at multiple UofL games last season wearing Cardinal gear. I personally think that both Macy and Johnson goes to the school that best fits their needs athletically and short term, financially.
Unfortunately, if I had to bet…my money would be on both of them playing somewhere other than UofL. They should go to UofL; for some reason some of these players think they want or need something bigger/better.

Like I have said before if you are from Louisville and you go to Louisville you will always be a hometown hero. If you are from Louisville and you go away to school and come home nobody cares who you are. In my book Tennessee is a has been they will never be what they once were under Pat Summit.
sUcK is another program that isn’t going anywhere under their current Head Coach. I will even throw Notre Dame in the same category , they have tournament caliber talent but they don’t have a tournament caliber coach. I would love to get these 2 not because of their talent level but because they are local kids.
However if it doesn’t turn out I think we will be OK and we will continue to make deep tournament runs. That way both of them will be able to watch us on TV from their respective schools and think about what could have been.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT