ADVERTISEMENT

What's up with NC State?

tn00nan

2000+
Feb 17, 2003
Dayton, OH
They beat us at home last year. Now this year, they lost to V Tech already (which given that VT just beat UVA last night, could mean they are pretty tough).

I would have expected them to be predicted to be higher in the ACC standings this year. But that doesn't seem to be the case - could be the toughness of the ACC.

Have they lost important pieces from last year? I note they still have Cat Barber and Anja Beejay (who impressed the hell out of me last year).

A quick check of ACC league stats shows NC State to be dead last in FG% and 3pt %. That could be why they are relatively down.

I note that Wake Forest had the most turnovers per game in the ACC, but we had trouble turning them over.

Their coach sucks. That's what's up with them. With the talent they have had they should have had some recent final fours. They have the talent to beat anybody and they have the coaching to lose to anybody.

Reactions: pervisl
This conference is freaking brutal. That's what's up. There are not going to be many games that any of us can honestly point to and say it's a sure win. They're all going to be battles. Lace em up tight and bring it or you WILL leave the arena with a loss. I don't care who is playing.

Might as well rename it to The Big Boys Pants Conference...wear them day in/day out or get them beaten off your buttocks any time, any place.

Personally I think Gottfired is doing a Heckuva Job, Brownie...and I want him signed to a lifetime contract so he can recruit no more than 8 scholarship players and spend his time in bars chasing coeds. :)

When we played them again last year in the NCAA tourney, I bet us with gusto and cashed like a champion!

Pitino in a rematch off loss/in the tourney/covering small number vs. Gottfried-ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

They should be a much better team. Trevor Lacy ain't walkin through that door. They don't have the team this year to win consistently with isolation basketball.

I would be so pissed at the coaching if I was an NC State fan.

Trust me, they are. The problem is their AD, who Carolina fans refer to as Bowser Yowser, fully believes she hired the greatest hoops coach on Earth and will ignore any attempt to rectify her mistake. Right now she's on many of their crap lists for deciding to spend $40 million they don't have on remodeling Reynolds Coliseum, their old gym, to a monument dedicated to non-revenue women's sports.

But you guys should appreciate her. It was her management of the AD's office at Maryland that led to their leaving the ACC and you guys taking their place...so toast her long and loud. :)

Pretty sure NC State' s poor performance is a result of a couple surprising transfers and some injuries. They are down to a 7 man active roster.

But go ahead a bash away at everything else. No problem.

Trust me, they are. The problem is their AD, who Carolina fans refer to as Bowser Yowser, fully believes she hired the greatest hoops coach on Earth and will ignore any attempt to rectify her mistake. Right now she's on many of their crap lists for deciding to spend $40 million they don't have on remodeling Reynolds Coliseum, their old gym, to a monument dedicated to non-revenue women's sports.

But you guys should appreciate her. It was her management of the AD's office at Maryland that led to their leaving the ACC and you guys taking their place...so toast her long and loud. :)
She sounds like a total loser. Can they get rid of her??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT