ADVERTISEMENT

What's up, Cards?

Aug 31, 2008
Looking forward to the game Saturday, even though you're probably going to mop the field with us. A few things I want to share with you....

I want to thank you guys for the fantastic experience I had at PJCS for the 2012 matchup. I went with my brother and niece, not entirely sure what to expect. Your fans were awesome. We got invited into a few tailgates on our walk to the stadium and everyone seemed respectful that one of my traveling companions was a 10-year old girl. Loved the stadium, too. I really hope we get individual seats in Kenan Stadium soon.

I put together some head-to-head statistics each week for UNC football games. Here's the link for any numbers nerds who are interested. They're all images/pictures that have been reduced, so you need to click on them to make them big enough to read.

Also, we've recently started a pinned thread about where to park, eat, visit, etc. for anyone making the trip to Chapel Hill. It's a great college town so we want to make sure nobody ends up at an Applebee's or something. I'm sure we'll see a lot of UL fans in town on Saturday.

Happy to answer any questions you guys have about this year's UNC team. We're honored to have a reigning Heisman winner play in Kenan and hope our linebacker Andre Smith hasn't given him too much bulletin board material, lol.

Personally, I love having UL in the conference. Most Tar Heel fans I've talked to will tell you the same. The addition instantly improved the ACC's football and basketball reputation, and you've got some great non-revenue teams as well. Really enjoyed watching the Cards' run to the CWS last season.

If you want to get an idea about the kind of weight you guys are bringing to Saturday's game, here are a few of the in-game events:
  • Honoring the 1992 football team in between the 1st and 2nd quarters. This was Mack Brown's first bowl-eligible team at UNC. They capped the season with a come-from-behind Peach Bowl victory that's still one of the most exciting games I've ever seen in person.
  • Michael Jordan will be an Honorary Captain for the game. This probably has something to do with UNC's new Jumpman-branded uniforms.
  • The 2017 National Champion Men's Basketball team will be honored at halftime and receive their championship rings.
They could've done all this stuff during last week's opener. Or any one of those things. Should generate a pretty good turnout.*

* Let's not talk about our usual football attendance. That's the kind of thing that gets people banned.

This game has dangerous written all over it; in fact it feels strangely reminiscent to our road opener at UVa three years ago where we flubbed icing the game by fumbling a punt to setup their winning score.

Uneven performance out of us with so many unforced turnovers and high volume of turnovers going into a wounded UNC coming off a loss. The potential added distraction of so many kids whose families appear to be in the path of a major hurricane. Clemson the week after for those that might peak ahead. We will have to see a growth in maturity that I don't think we've really demonstrated since NC State or BC last year. The intangible excuses are all around us.

Love being in the ACC, I have been waiting a long time for Louisville to be a part of a conference like the ACC. In regards to the game Saturday I am a bit nervous about it and will take any win we can get. Larry Fedora is a good coach and I am sure he will have your team ready, he is the last good coach Southern Miss had.

Let me chime in as equally happy as the rest of us to be included in the ACC. It has elevated even our basketball program, which really didn't need embellishment, but there you go. As a baseball guy, playing you guys or Clemson at home and away on a regular basis is the thrill so many of our diehardest football fans are relishing with too obvious glee, lol. Those are the smiles of the undisciplined truth, ha ha. What an interesting conference - it is everything we can handle, which is all we could have asked for. This way, our rise is everyone else's as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT