ADVERTISEMENT

What positions does CJB pull from the portal for next year?

I think we will know sooner than later if Clarkson is being looked at as next seasons starter. Since he never took the field this season, fans still don't know how good is really is. Is he a Jordan Travis?

If Brohm offers a top QB in the portal, that for me will answer that question as not likely. There are already several QB's in the portal and a couple would be an upgrade from Plummer.

Will Rogers at Mississippi State
Will Howard at Kansas State

How often Louisville is mentioned by these and more QB's to come, will tell the tale if Brohm is ready to turn the offense over to a redshirt freshman.

Here’s one theory I’ve considered - the Clarksons are clearly very savvy business people, which has helped Pierce be an NIL hit. If they think perhaps he isn’t ready to be QB1 then there are pretty good incentives $$$ for him to not be rushed into a spot he may not be ready for. He can still cash in on NIL without the risk of not performing well. Everybody loves the backup quarterback especially one that seemingly is brimming with potential

I think we will know sooner than later if Clarkson is being looked at as next seasons starter. Since he never took the field this season, fans still don't know how good is really is. Is he a Jordan Travis?

If Brohm offers a top QB in the portal, that for me will answer that question as not likely. There are already several QB's in the portal and a couple would be an upgrade from Plummer.

Will Rogers at Mississippi State
Will Howard at Kansas State

How often Louisville is mentioned by these and more QB's to come, will tell the tale if Brohm is ready to turn the offense over to a redshirt freshman.
Not to sound like a broken record but if we’re going after a QB - Riley Leonard should be option #1. The Rogers kid at State has a relatively weak arm and really only performed well in Leach’s ultra spread - dink & dunk offense. I think Brohm is looking for a QB who’s able to make more types of throws than that kid can make.

Here’s one theory I’ve considered - the Clarksons are clearly very savvy business people, which has helped Pierce be an NIL hit. If they think perhaps he isn’t ready to be QB1 then there are pretty good incentives $$$ for him to not be rushed into a spot he may not be ready for. He can still cash in on NIL without the risk of not performing well. Everybody loves the backup quarterback especially one that seemingly is brimming with potential
Question. If PC isn’t ready to be QB1 after a year in the system and getting healthy - what will it take for that to happen? And, given that the 502 collective doesn’t have unlimited funds - is the 2nd/3rd string QB a guy you want to use it on?

I'd like to see:

CBs
Larger interior LBs
DEs with more height
WR over 6'4 with speed
2 More RBs
Wonder how the Elko hire plays with Rueben Owens? Sounded like he was probably out the door when they fired jimbo.

Not to sound like a broken record but if we’re going after a QB - Riley Leonard should be option #1. The Rogers kid at State has a relatively weak arm and really only performed well in Leach’s ultra spread - dink & dunk offense. I think Brohm is looking for a QB who’s able to make more types of throws than that kid can make.
I'm definitely in the minority about Leonard. Before he got injured, it wasn't like he was killing it through the air. He had only 3 TD passes. I've watched him a few times since last season and I never saw anything that really stood out except rushing the ball.

I guess he's a good QB but there's quite a few I would rather see in a Cards uniform.

Have no idea if they're interested in transferring, but Tulane's Michael Pratt and App States Joey Aguilar are two I would like to see in a Cards uniform.

Question. If PC isn’t ready to be QB1 after a year in the system and getting healthy - what will it take for that to happen? And, given that the 502 collective doesn’t have unlimited funds - is the 2nd/3rd string QB a guy you want to use it on?
The Clarksons are monetizing the “Flyville” brand so I’m not sure they are reliant on 502 Circle.

“Over the past year, the 4-star signal caller and son of famed quarterback coach Steve Clarkson has not just helped to build the University of Louisville’s historic 2023 recruiting class, but established his own appareland lifestyle company, FlyVille, all while leading the top-ranked high school team in the country to a 6-0 record this season to date.”

Reactions: BPGhost
Not many people talking about it but I wonder who will get poached from our team. We have a lot of good pieces some of the big boys may want to throw big $$$$$ at.

Not many people talking about it but I wonder who will get poached from our team. We have a lot of good pieces some of the big boys may want to throw big $$$$$ at.
This to me is my biggest concern. Anyone whose performed well is at risk of entering the portal, well except those that transferred in.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
Have to plug the Oline. It was terrific this year. Both tackles gone plus Hudson. Those guys are good. That will be hard to duplicate. This is a priority.

Not sure on the rest depends on who leaves in the portal.

I have no idea but I am confident we will do very well in the Portal. The great thing about JB and the people on his staff is they Eat, Drink, and Sleep football. They love it and it's their life. And they understand how a particular player can help the team. And they find guys that will help the team win games.

Isaac Guerendo is a great example. Did anyone on this board think he would make the contribution he made this year? I didn't. Or CamRon Kelly? Even Joey Gatewood had some big receptions against Miami and a TD reception against UK.

JB will bring in lots of guys that will make us a better team. And because of the season we just had the sales job will be easier.

We may not get to 10 wins next year. We won a lot of close games this year. But we will always be highly competitive as long as we have JB.

I tend to agree but you just never know. Two things have to happen to feel good next year.

1) Have to find a QB internally or externally. It is the most important position in football. Not worried.
2) Oline second most important position on the field. Worried only because it hard to evaluate and find quality guys. They killed it last year.

You can find skill guys all over the place.

Defense they will probably never build a great defense talent wise but they have to be extremely disciplined and well coached. This year was good not great. Can they improve on it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT