ADVERTISEMENT

What NCAA violation did Louisville commit?

Thecycle27

Three-Star Poster
Sep 17, 2017
We have known for years, basically since the one and done era, a network of people were steering kids to particulars schools. The only thing we didn't know was how it was being done. It is actually a very smart way to circumvent the NCAA rules. It is the perfect way to protect the university and hide the money trial. No way the NCAA could figure out the money trail on this system.

Even with the information the NCAA has from the FBI it will be very difficult to prove a violation occurred. The Bowen situation is between Adidas, Dawkins and the father. At this point no one at Louisville has been shown to involved in the deal. The money changing hands was between a corporation and a individual. A corporation that has ties to the NCAA as well as individual schools. The NCAA is going to have to prove the money was provided to the individual to go to a particular school not to secure a future shoe deal. The shoe company, not the university, was driving the boat on which school they wanted the kid to go to. That has been commonly known for years. His mom sent a text to Pitino I sent him to play with you. If they stick to that story and the dad says the money was for agreeing to sign with adidas after college where is the violation? The NCAA may not have jurisdiction on what happens between a corporation and individual. Money changing hands without any university involvement isn't a violation as long as the money isn't coming from an agent or employee of the university.

The Cam Newtown while different could shed light. If I remember an assistant coach was making arrangements with his dad, not Cam. The key is a employee/booster/agent was making the arrangements. The NCAA changed the rule to make the parent an agent if they took money on the behalf of the player. It think it matters, NCAA wise, who/where the money came from and who was involved.

The Coach 1 on tape is also interesting because his is an employee. First, no one in that room is going to talk to the NCAA. Second, Louisville isn't getting that recruit. Third, no money changed hands. Fourth, the staff has been fired. I am sure there is a section in the rule that if you know a violation has occurred you have to report it. The optics of this aren't good but there really isn't much for the NCAA to grab hold of here.

The problem is this is going to linger which will effectively kill recruiting next year.

NCAA works on assumption of committing a violation. Louisville had a paid employee involved so he is in the eyes of the NCAA a representative of the university which then involves U of L. This is why we no longer have HOF coach and AD anymore. Coach 1 was hired by COACH 2 !

Jordan Fair is reportedly on film and audio brokering deal in a Vegas hotel room. He even cited UofL being on probation, and everything needed to be on the down low.

Violation, you bet!

Reactions: awf and Cal4Pres.
Jordan Fair is reportedly on film and audio brokering deal in a Vegas hotel room. He even cited UofL being on probation, and everything needed to be on the down low.

Violation, you bet!

That's for the '19 recruit. Bowen was already enrolled on the 4th of June and the video was in July.

There has been no rule violation because to anyone's knowledge the NCAA has not investigated the incident....per FBI direction until told otherwise, which could end next week.

Auburn has suspended.two players and their AD has announced his resignation effective July....which is about the time the NCAA would release findings/ rulings.

The rule violation would be a coach working to funnel.money to a recruit or his family (my understanding is the NCAA closed that loophole post Cam) in order for him to attend.that university. ANY recruit. No matter the year.

I don't think names will ever be released, especially if the FBI doesn't arrest Coach1 or Coach2. Again by the time the NCAA gets around to this no one is going to talk to the NCAA. I guarantee Coach 1 isn't talking. Coach 2, if Pitinio, isn't going to say anything that would support the allegation. Which if he is telling the truth already puts into question some part of what has been reported. All the parties involved are gone.

If Jordan Fair name is never released or remains redacted the NCAA can't prove Coach 1 is Jordan Fair, all they will be able to do is assume. Louisville didn't renew his contract, they didn't fire him for cause, that tells me he didn't admit or talk to them either.

I think the death penalty talk is crazy as this plays out.

Personally, I think the FBI was pretty much done when they gave their press conference.
A three year investigation and you go on television to say 'Look out here we come' ?
More of a point to scare a lot of the little fish back into hiding.
We get all wrapped up in this as fans or rivals. We forget that the FBI doesn't give a damn about policing college sports. They were after people involved in bribery, wire fraud, securities/ exchange violations, information that could involve tax evasions ( as the IRS revs it's engines to speak with some of those bribe recipients). The fact that they were involved ed in sports is happenstance.

No one gets the death penalty. The NCAA was astounded and horrified at the result to not only SMU sports, but the whole University, the city, and the entire conference. It ain't happening.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT