ADVERTISEMENT

What Manny thinks

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
I listened to a podcast featuring Manny Navarro and they were breaking down the Louisville vs Miami game. They expect Miami to win by 10 to 14 points mainly because we don’t have a productive offense. They pointed out that we have several good playmakers on offense Shough, Brooks and Brown but not much else about the offense is productive. Unfortunately I have to agree with them up to this point not much else is impressive about our offense.

Regrettably, I must concur with both Koz and Navarro; this offense has failed to produce anywhere close to where most expected Jeff to have us at this time in the season.

Jeff Brohm has forgotten more about football than I will ever know, so I try and limit my criticism of the play calling. However, my one observation that I cannot move past this season, is seeing Jeff’s propensity for running the football when our passing game is producing more success, particularly in the 3rd and short yardage situations. I understand that opponents reading the signals in advance of the play is increasingly evident in both college and NFL …….. but it sure looks like both SMU and UVA knew exactly where our RB was going before the ball was snapped on those 3rd and 4th down plays.

The one UVA LB was moving as soon as the ball was snapped directly on a path between our LT and TE for the tackle behind our LOS. The LB ran directly to that spot before our RB received the handoff.

Reactions: Guardman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT