ADVERTISEMENT

What in bloody heck does a "violent" offense mean?

Dec 28, 2015
The usual cast of morons are beside themselves because their newest hero, Eddie Gran, told some alumni group that UK would have a "violent" offense. They're giddy with excitement about that quote (I know, I know they're usually all talk), but what does that even mean? Some guy claimed Gran's hiring means an additional 2 wins. I'm calling it the usual early summer bluster and bravado. But should we be worried about what's about to be unleashed on college football?

WOW . . . as a fan of the University of Louisville I'm certainly "skeered". What a crock of crappola coming out of the craphole in lessington.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Mayoman
Could be that he meant that watching that train wreck of an offense is a 'violent offense'!...and suitable punishment for the big blue blowhards.

Kinda reminds me of the old saying 'you get what you pay for'.....:rolleyes:

Reactions: PushupMan and gocds
Easy. The incomparable jay Barkers violent dismantling of the esteemed SEC defenses. Or maybe not.

Their offense is so boring we can't get the first name of some of their key players right. Their staff talks a lot.

What's sad is they are hanging on every word the guy is saying. Me personally I'm more of a show me type of guy.

What's sad is they are hanging on every word the guy is saying. Me personally I'm more of a show me type of guy.
Reading their board he is the greatest coach in NCAA football today. The new thread comparing Stoops and Gran to Fulmer and Cutcliffe at Tennessee is some of the most delusional stuff I have ever read. Well next to the posts about them beating Florida anyway. 2017 is the year they will be 3 deep with SEC talent.

Last edited:
Reading their board he is the greatest coach in NCAA football today. The new thread comparing Stoops and Gran to Fulmer and Cutliff at Tennessee is some of the most delusional stuff I have ever read. Well next to the posts about them beating Florida anyway. 2017 is the year they will be 3 deep with SEC talent.
Those people in that thread are legit crazy

I mean Gran might be a decent coach but at no time when UL played Cincy while Gran was there did their offense really strike me as prolific and as to beating Florida 31 straight loses has to be one of the most embarrassing things in sports. 1-59 vs Tenn and UF over the last 30 years says something about your program.

Reactions: zipp
I mean Gran might be a decent coach but at no time when UL played Cincy while Gran was there did their offense really strike me as prolific and as to beating Florida 31 straight loses has to be one of the most embarrassing things in sports. 1-59 vs Tenn and UF over the last 30 years says something about your program.
Gran was only the OC at Cinci the last 3 years under Tuberville. He was the WR coach there back in 92-93. Before Cinci he was spent 18 years at FSU, Auburn, and Tennessee. Gran is undeniably a huge upgrade over Dawson but Barker will determine our level of success or failure more than Gran will

Gran was only the OC at Cinci the last 3 years under Tuberville. He was the WR coach there back in 92-93. Before Cinci he was spent 18 years at FSU, Auburn, and Tennessee. Gran is undeniably a huge upgrade over Dawson but Barker will determine our level of success or failure more than Gran will
Same thing we heard this time last year about Dawson being a huge upgrade over the previous OC. Barker is a huge down grade from Towles. At best he would be 3rd string at Louisville. If Gran is so good why has he never been a head coach? Can't wait to hear the spin when Dawson comes in and Southern Miss puts up 30 against the horrid UK defense. You can't use the Joker left the cupboard bare excuse for many more years. The fact is Stoops is Kragthorpian in his coaching abilities.

And per you nitwits Dawson was "undeniably a huge upgrade" over Neal Brown. From a comedic standpoint you're the gift that keeps on giving.

And per you nitwits Dawson was "undeniably a huge upgrade" over Neal Brown. From a comedic standpoint you're the gift that keeps on giving.
Neal was a very good offensive coordinator. Averaging 29 points per game in year 2 (an improvement from year 1 that was top 15 production increase in the country) was miracle given how little he had to work with. Anyone that thought Dawson was going to be an upgrade over Brown didn't know what we had in Brown. I thought Dawson would be better than he was but I knew that we were dealt a blow losing Brown so quickly.

If Gran is so good why has he never been a head coach?
He's only been an OC for 3 years and he was one of the top 2-3 candidates for the Southern Miss HC job days after signing his contract at UK. He was reported to be the top candidate by a Mississippi news source. Point is he will be a HC in very short order

Did these guys not watch Stoops coaching last year? Did they not see Barker play or watch any of UK's spring game? It's like Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown. You know she's going to pull the ball but you keep trying to kick it time after time.

He's only been an OC for 3 years and he was one of the top 2-3 candidates for the Southern Miss HC job days after signing his contract at UK. He was reported to be the top candidate by a Mississippi news source. Point is he will be a HC in very short order
And you know this how? You have one of the worst HC's I have ever seen. Unprepared and no player development. Year 4 and he hasn't even got them to the mediocre level yet. Joker had a better record.

I guess this time of year all the coaches should be positive, as they look to garner optimism from the fans and instill confidence in the players that read and hear their comments.

The problem for UK is, or at least has been for roughly 30 years or so - is once the games start things go south.

But this is the time to sunshine pump to some extent.

How many points did Cincinnati score in their last bowl game? I think Gran was still the OC there.
They started a RS freshman QB in place of Gunner Kiel (missed for personal reasons) and he played awful. He passed for 1900 yards as a backup (set the single game passing record at UC vs Memphis who was very good) but wasn't at his best in the bowl game

Regarding his chances of becoming a head coach, I think he shot himself in the foot by coming to UK. I could be wrong, but I don't think any of Stoops assistants have become head coaches at FBS schools.

Of course, he could surprise me and become the interim head coach if Stoops gets dismissed during the year.

They started a RS freshman QB in place of Gunner Kiel (missed for personal reasons) and he played awful. He passed for 1900 yards as a backup (set the single game passing record at UC vs Memphis who was very good) but wasn't at his best in the bowl game

Yes and now he has Drew Montana. Sky's the limit. After all, drew used to be a 4*, right?

He was actually a 4.36742 star per Jauk.

Jauk11 would NEVER leave it at that. He would somehow have to tie in a "Transfer U" and "UT (University of Thugs)" reference, while also mentioning how much Willie Williams incarceration is costing the tax payers of Kentucky (without EVER mentioning Tom Payne's years and years of KY taxpayer room and board at LaGrange). The guy HATES cheaters...while never once acknowledging any wrongdoings at his own school. Classic Jauk11. SMH. o_O

Jauk11 would NEVER leave it at that. He would somehow have to tie in a "Transfer U" and "UT (University of Thugs)" reference, while also mentioning how much Willie Williams incarceration is costing the tax payers of Kentucky (without EVER mentioning Tom Payne's years and years of KY taxpayer room and board at LaGrange). The guy HATES cheaters...while never once acknowledging any wrongdoings at his own school. Classic Jauk11. SMH. o_O
Don't forget to add the Cost of Living money and how everybody is cheating on that number too.

Reactions: Steelers2012
Don't forget to add the Cost of Living money and how everybody is cheating on that number too.

That guy not only beats a dead horse, he's had the horse stuffed and mounted so he can beat it at home as well. Obsessed is an understatement... he's rivaling Grover.

Let's not forget about their hero Richie Farmer. How much did his stint in the pen cost the Comonwealth tax payers?

Last edited:
Check out the "Barker Is Turning People Into Believers" thread over there. Actually there are some of them who aren't actually buying it. . . yet. Once again, best team in the country in June.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT