ADVERTISEMENT

What I saw, what I didn’t see

Aug 7, 2022
I saw a series or rivalry that will be a great game from now on rather being played home or away.
I saw a Louisville team who had control of a game and they turned the ball over and let it slip away.
I didn’t see a Louisville team getting completely dominated and abused like the last 4 or 5 years.
Not happy about the loss but glad to see Louisville competing again.

I saw a clear win over an inferior team that got changed by a 12 second long return that surprised and flustered a coach and staff who were unprepared to go back on offense.

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
They went back down and scored. They were prepared. If Jordan doesn’t fumble and he hasn’t all year they are moving it again going into the 4th quarter. Turnovers are unpredictable and not a sign of being unprepared especially when they haven’t been doing it all year.

They went back down and scored. They were prepared. If Jordan doesn’t fumble and he hasn’t all year they are moving it again going into the 4th quarter. Turnovers are unpredictable and not a sign of being unprepared especially when they haven’t been doing it all year.
The KR TD changed the game completely. Cards Defense would have gone into game with a 10 pt lead. Instead Cards Offense went into game with a 3 pt lead. In 12 seconds.

I won’t argue that and have said I don’t understand the game plan to kick to him at all.

I saw a clear win over an inferior team that got changed by a 12 second long return that surprised and flustered a coach and staff who were unprepared to go back on offense.
That would make more sense if the offense didn’t march down the field for a TD on the next possession.

As for kicking to brown, I agree - not sure why they did - particularly after he showed he was bringing it out regardless of where he caught it and, was having success doing so.

Entirely possible that it wasn’t the plan but due to the temperature, the kickoffs were not going as deep into the end zone for either side. Balls that have typically been 5-7 yards deep into the end zone were now basically at the goal line. Saw more deep returns out of both sides than I have all season.

Reactions: RealStateBird
That would make more sense if the offense didn’t march down the field for a TD on the next possession.

As for kicking to brown, I agree - not sure why they did - particularly after he showed he was bringing it out regardless of where he caught it and, was having success doing so.

Entirely possible that it wasn’t the plan but due to the temperature, the kickoffs were not going as deep into the end zone for either side. Balls that have typically been 5-7 yards deep into the end zone were now basically at the goal line. Saw more deep returns out of both sides than I have all season.
Given Travelstead's inconsistency I'm not sure that the plan wasn't to kick it into the endzone like the other times and he just kicked it short.

Reactions: RealStateBird
Given Travelstead's inconsistency I'm not sure that the plan wasn't to kick it into the endzone like the other times and he just kicked it short.
Except - he’s been kicking it 5-7 yards deep the whole year until yesterday when the temperature was 20° colder than any other game. uk’s kicker - who has a good leg - wasn’t able to kick it into the end zone far enough to not be returned either.

What's bullshit? Cards were in absolute control. And then had a TD return against us. And we're unprepared for it in any way
That’s the stupidest comment I’ve ever read. Brohm’s game plan didn’t include Jordan coughing up the ball after a first down run to the 50 yard line, or Plummer fumbling on Louisville’s own 30 yard line instead of just throwing the ball away.

Still to my point, yesterday was a lot better than getting destroyed from start to finish line Petrino’s last year and all of Satterfield.

Being disappointed is understandable but acting like Brohm and his staff lost this game is silly.

Reactions: BPGhost
That’s the stupidest comment I’ve ever read. Brohm’s game plan didn’t include Jordan coughing up the ball after a first down run to the 50 yard line, or Plummer fumbling on Louisville’s own 30 yard line instead of just throwing the ball away.

Still to my point, yesterday was a lot better than getting destroyed from start to finish line Petrino’s last year and all of Satterfield.

Being disappointed is understandable but acting like Brohm and his staff lost this game is silly.
Listen and Watch. I like Brohm better than ANYONE. So quit the crap. And evaluate the game flow itself.

The game result was a fluke. But I recall thinking before the kickoff return that the slapd!cks wanted that return guy to take his shots. He took off on just about every kick.

Seeing that early, I would have been kicking away from the guy. Either short or opposite side of the field. No reason to let a missed holding penalty lead to an easy TD unless the game result was already determined. One of the few things on which I would have questioned the coaches...

Reactions: BPGhost
The game result was a fluke. But I recall thinking before the kickoff return that the slapd!cks wanted that return guy to take his shots. He took off on just about every kick.

Seeing that early, I would have been kicking away from the guy. Either short or opposite side of the field. No reason to let a missed holding penalty lead to an easy TD unless the game result was already determined. One of the few things on which I would have questioned the coaches...
They wanted his shot because the SEC officials told Stupid they wouldn’t call anything on them.

Listen and Watch. I like Brohm better than ANYONE. So quit the crap. And evaluate the game flow
Listen and Watch. I like Brohm better than ANYONE. So quit the crap. And evaluate the game flow itself.
I misread your post I believe. You were talking about Stoopid not being ready to go back out there. I thought you were talking about Brohm. Still Brohm can’t magically stop a kick return TD. Even being held the special teams has to do that. It’s not like the guy runs one back very often.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT