ADVERTISEMENT

What has happened to . . . . .

gocds

15000+
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2001
Vandy and Coach Mason? They are terrible and a poor excuse for a P5 college football program. I had big expectations for Coach Mason but he is pretty disappointing. No wonder uahkay had a field day. They might just as well be playing UT-Martin . . . . Oh wait, they will be this coming Saturday in their seventh home game out of eight scheduled. Unbelievable.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Very hard to recruit to Vandy could be the toughest job in the Power 5. He isn’t they right guy though. They look terrible after 6 years they shouldn’t be this bad.

Mason was a defensive guru...and for some years Vandy showed it. For the most part, I dont think Vandy cares much for the football program.

Reactions: gocds
Vandy has been strong in years past in basketball.....well, competitive. Hard to argue in baseball how good they are.
I truly think George McIntyre....former coach...was right....Academic requirements plus lack of a passionate fan/booster base is going to keep Vanderbilt football from ever becoming consistently competitive in football.

Stanford, Duke, Northwestern, UCLA, Michigan, Virginia and other schools with outstanding academics produce excellent football. Why not Vandy?

Vandy’s academic requirements for athletes changed several years ago when they allowed athletes to major in easier subject matters.

Stanford, Duke, Northwestern, UCLA, Michigan, Virginia and other schools with outstanding academics produce excellent football. Why not Vandy?
they are a private school playing against public SEC schools. now on the other hand, they give out more baseball scholarships than anyone and do pretty good. but a few arms can make a program

Vandy is similar to the kitties, they’ve reaped the rewards of the SEC (especially financially) while going through the motions. Only recently has Brainfart spent money on facilities. Vandy has never spent the millions the SEC provides. Both their football & basketball venues are garbage. They reap what they sow.

Vanderbilt is keeping Mason for another season. Which in reality means that recruiting will take a huge hit.

Vanderbilt is rolling in cash, thing is, they don’t want to spend it on athletics. Their campus is going through a major, major, major renovation. Sports are on the back burner for now. They do have baseball.

When pro sports moved to Nashville, the option of attending Vandy athletes declined sharply.

Vanderbilt is keeping Mason for another season. Which in reality means that recruiting will take a huge hit.

Vanderbilt is rolling in cash, thing is, they don’t want to spend it on athletics. Their campus is going through a major, major, major renovation. Sports are on the back burner for now. They do have baseball.

When pro sports moved to Nashville, the option of attending Vandy athletes declined sharply.

And I love baseball, specifically UofL baseball. But, with that being said, baseball hardly pays it’s own bills. In fact, it doesn’t really pay it’s own bills. Vandy is no different in that regard. They are solely dependent on their $ec membership for their athletic expenditures. In other words, they, like uahkay, are the welfare recipients of the $ec. Uahkay is not as deficient as Vandy is but make no mistake they are part and parcel of the same “welfare” receivers of that conference.

I don’t think they’d look at him but if I were hiring for Vandy after Mason gets fired next year I’d take a long look at Dwayne Ledford. That guy has leader written all over him.

I don’t think they’d look at him but if I were hiring for Vandy after Mason gets fired next year I’d take a long look at Dwayne Ledford. That guy has leader written all over him.

Hey, hey. Even though I liked your post please, please leave Dwayne Ledford alone ‘cause I want him to stay here. :p He is an outstanding OL coach and I hope he stays here and I hope he, along with CCS and the entire staff, is getting a nice bonus for a job well done.

Hey, hey. Even though I liked your post please, please leave Dwayne Ledford alone ‘cause I want him to stay here. :p He is an outstanding OL coach and I hope he stays here and I hope he, along with CCS and the entire staff, is getting a nice bonus for a job well done.

I think he’ll be here next season. Yes I want to keep him as well but really talented people are gonna keep rising thru the ranks.

Fair question ...... see Franklin success for answer as to why Vandy is normally bad. There is no academic institution in America that has higher entrance requirements than Navy, Army and Air Force ........ yet, they do just fine on the gridiron. Vanderbilt has very low expectations for football but once a coach like Franklin arrives on campus it can step up rather quickly by emphasizing recruiting and staffing.

Coaching matters!

Fair question ...... see Franklin success for answer as to why Vandy is normally bad. There is no academic institution in America that has higher entrance requirements than Navy, Army and Air Force ........ yet, they do just fine on the gridiron. Vanderbilt has very low expectations for football but once a coach like Franklin arrives on campus it can step up rather quickly by emphasizing recruiting and staffing.

Coaching matters!

Here we are discussing “non-football playing” Vandy and our “friends” down the road barely have a winning record versus them. Uahkay leads, I believe, something like 46 to 42 in their football series and the “advantage” has come just in the last few years while Vandy had had terrible teams. And even with Vandy’s issues they generally play pretty close games with the cayuts with the exception of this year. :p:p:p

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Vanderbilt changed some of their academics when Franklin was there. Athletes were able to major in fields of study like Physical Education at least that is how it was reported back then.

If Ledfords smart and we know he is, he won’t go anywhere near Vandy. Franklin was lucky to get out of there and move up

they are a private school playing against public SEC schools. now on the other hand, they give out more baseball scholarships than anyone and do pretty good. but a few arms can make a program
False narrative. All D1 schools get a maximum of 11.7 baseball scholarships. Now if 30 of them are on academic scholarships, that gives them some flexibility to give those 11.7.

I think Mason would do well at any school not named Vandy. Too many restrictions to be successful there.

Reactions: ACT ONE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT