ADVERTISEMENT

What does Louisville need to do for Lamar?

GridIron Pimp

New Poster, Show Me Love
Jun 21, 2005
There's has been and continue to be a lot of talk regarding Lamar Jackson not getting his due respect for winning the heisman last year. Does Louisville need to go on a campaign to tout him to keep in the conversation? In my opinion, Louisville needs to do all it can for Lamar. This great publicity for the university and definitely gives us a great recruiting tool. What say you?

Yeah, I don't think there is anything that can be done. The voters just are not going to vote for him again this year, unless he makes it impossible not to. That is a high hurdle. It appears the voters have the mindset that they are not going to let anyone repeat. Maybe, he wins it next year to become the only guy to win it 2 times, but in non-consecutive years.

I say whatever keeps divisiveness down is what I want.

After last year the team as a whole should be able to handle the microscope, but who knows.

I think I prefer the low profile.

Until about the 2nd quarter Saturday night. ;);)

Reactions: American Male
I agree. Lamar has his job, as does everyone else. The "improved" Lamar - if he is hitting guys on the run with accuracy and letting some of the other athletes prove what we believe is high level talent - such as Jaylen Smith and maybe Dawkins or Samuel - add Reggie or J Smith - or whatever scheme Petrino is putting together..... Hopefully calling plays from a wide creative playbook and using his own observations to match the game on the field.......Lamar will make milk shake out of spoiled milk and take your breath away on broken plays - we know that is going nowhere as long as he's healthy. Then we have the moments when the set-up is prime for the options. That usually means good stuff, lol. No pressure on Lamar - I hope he does not feel all the talk about him going pro means he feels it necessary to play for draft position. It is entirely conceivable that he may need another year the bridge the gap between college and the pros - especially if he continues to rack up yardage on the ground, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT