ADVERTISEMENT

We've got a good team. FF caliber.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Don't sweat these tough losses. They only prepare this team for March. The Cards may actually drop 10 losses when it is all said and done. Don't care. Dangerous, dangerous tournament team. The ingredients are there.

You my friend are correct. They are and will be battle tested warriors by the end of this. This schedule is crazy and this team even looks good when they lose.

Agree with you both.

Fans want to be top tier ACC it's just not in the plan though.

They sure hate us during the season but in March they'll be claiming Louisville as an ACC member for sure.

These games give Rick a chance to use a lot of lineups and find out what he likes.

Reactions: Deeva
Agree with you both.

Fans want to be top tier ACC it's just not in the plan though.

They sure hate us during the season but in March they'll be claiming Louisville as an ACC member for sure.

These games give Rick a chance to use a lot of lineups and find out what he likes.
I think this team could be in the top 4 of the ACC standings when it is all said and done. This conference schedule is a blood bath and no one will come out unscathed. I anticipate the team with the best record will have at least 3 conference losses. Who knows, if we somehow win out that could be us.

Reactions: Deeva and PHCARD
We can beat anybody or lose to anybody. Talent is there, it just depends on health and execution of the game plan. If we get hot at the right time, the FF is easily within reach.

UNC has the inside track on winning the league, they get the good treatment and have the arsenal.

I doubt they are the last ACC team standing when it counts, though they could be.

I agree with the op as well.With the game on the line,the team fell short from an execution standpoint.They'll get better there with the return of Q and the decisions made within those sets will become clearer.

When the competition stiffens,the margin for error shrinks and 5 guys have to execute better at both ends.

Reactions: Deeva
This was just a tough game from so many angles. Very short turnaround time, missing our starting PG, and on the road against a good team. I never like to say any game is an expected loss but the outcome of today's game was not terribly surprising to me. The Cards are, and will be, very battle tested come March. That's not a guarantee for a deep run but I like what this team has done so far, and also where they have a chance to end up.

The very short turn around will speak volumes during the NCAA tournament because that's what it is all about playing on a Thursday or Friday and then playing again on Sat or Sunday. We now know that Hicks can play some spot minutes for Q and that Levitch can play some tough D at times.

We can beat anybody or lose to anybody. Talent is there, it just depends on health and execution of the game plan. If we get hot at the right time, the FF is easily within reach.
Not without serious change in mindset by ricky p.

We have the players. He needs to stop the mindgames and coach this team.

Not without serious change in mindset by ricky p.

We have the players. He needs to stop the mindgames and coach this team.

Yeah Coach Pitino is just a terrible coach. What he really needs is advice from posters like beasleythecard telling him to totally change his "mindset". Jeeze more hall of fame coaches on this board than we need.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Yeah Coach Pitino is just a terrible coach. What he really needs is advice from posters like beasleythecard telling him to totally change his "mindset". Jeeze more hall of fame coaches on this board than we need.

Your reply is waaaaay overboard and childish.
Coaches make mistakes. Playing Adel an entire second half was a mistake.

If you dont understand that. You are a blind follower.

Your reply is waaaaay overboard and childish.
Coaches make mistakes. Playing Adel an entire second half was a mistake.

If you dont understand that. You are a blind follower.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Yes, all coaches, including Rick Pitino, make errors. But so do posters with 20/20 vision on a game that happened yesterday. And the childish post is one that makes himself look like a HOF coach on this board. Please give us your qualifications as a top level division one basketball coach. No, on second thought, please don't.

Hey gocds, not here to defend Beasley but if you have to be a D-I coach to place opinions on message boards, there would be no message boards. We're all arm chair quarterbacks.

Reactions: beasleythecard
You have your opinion and I have mine. Yes, all coaches, including Rick Pitino, make errors. But so do posters with 20/20 vision on a game that happened yesterday. And the childish post is one that makes himself look like a HOF coach on this board. Please give us your qualifications as a top level division one basketball coach. No, on second thought, please don't.

Go iron your panties.
Then realize ADEL PLAYED TOO MANY MINUTES YESTERDAY.

That fact does not require any of my degrees from UofL to figure out.

Me saying the bigs need to touch the ball in the paint is subjective, but saying Adel played too many minutes is a fact.

Blind following is dangerous. Be mindful of that.

Ricky p is not above reproach.

As I think Zipp may have suggested, why don't you confront CRP with your concerns? I'm sure he would appreciate your thoughts on Adel and even Mangok. Surely there is a call in show or you can send him an email? Posting the same dribble in several threads doesn't make it so.

Reactions: tluck28 and BPGhost
Don't sweat these tough losses. They only prepare this team for March. The Cards may actually drop 10 losses when it is all said and done. Don't care. Dangerous, dangerous tournament team. The ingredients are there.
I agree with the OP.

I won't point fingers at any player or coach or ref. The Cardinals lost a game on the road in the best college basketball conference to a legit title contender by 5 points with the UofL starting point guard playing cheerleader due to injury.

I was over this loss before the clock hit 00:00.

Perhaps I over reacted to your post but please take a little advice from an old guy. First, you, indeed we, can always state our opinions and 2nd, we should state our opinions as a question rather than as fact. Just imagine yourself face to face with Coach Pitino, or any coach for that matter, and ask your question rather than state it as a fact to him. I believe you'll get a much better response. Just a thought.

Perhaps I over reacted to your post but please take a little advice from an old guy. First, you, indeed we, can always state our opinions and 2nd, we should state our opinions as a question rather than as fact. Just imagine yourself face to face with Coach Pitino, or any coach for that matter, and ask your question rather than state it as a fact to him. I believe you'll get a much better response. Just a thought.

I would simply ask this

Why do we never establish the bigs in the paint when the midcourt weave is not working.

I see an advantage over any team we play in the paint and believe it would open up the peremeter for our guys to get open shots.

Then i would ask about playing time.

Ask if he will continue playing Adel 35 plus minutes and if he thinks it is beneficial for Adel to log so many minutes.

The second half seemed like Adel was a step slow and his shot suffered because he had no lift.

What are your solutions to this mr ricky p.....

Then await his answer

Reactions: gocds
You are spot on there nole fan.
Miss our debates on the national board.
Yep. You'll see me around more during Football season. I am as big of a Basketball fan too but I don't visit other boards as much during Basketball season because there are so many games and there isn't as much buildup to each game.
No doubt the Cards are one of the teams that can make the FF.

Yep. You'll see me around more during Football season. I am as big of a Basketball fan too but I don't visit other boards as much during Basketball season because there are so many games and there isn't as much buildup to each game.
No doubt the Cards are one of the teams that can make the FF.
Be careful here. This bunch is easily rattled. Several great posters, but some have on cardboard panties.

Good luck the rest of the way. FSU looks good

There is no doubt in my mind this team can make it to the Final Four. We all know the draw and matchups are a huge factor, but there is not a single dominant team this year. Not 1.

A lot of negative talk after yesterday's loss to FSU, but there are a lot of positives that came out of that game. I will just give names you saw the game:

David Levitch
Tony Hicks
Mango (Mangok)

There are some serious developments coming out of the last few games and really over the last few weeks (really the course of the season):

Donovan has emerged as the star (NBA player we thought he would be)

Q is better than we thought and arguably the most important player.

Mango and Jaylen are making strong cases to be regular starters.

Hicks is making a case for more PT. He needs better decision making and shot selection. Really don't like saying that about a 5th year Senior. He was good yesterday overall.

Anas has emerged. He needs to get stronger.

David Levitch (Do I need say more?)

Agree with OP. They'll be more battle-tested than 2013-2014, better chemistry and deeper than 2014-2015, more capable offensively than 2011-2012.

There is no doubt in my mind this team can make it to the Final Four. We all know the draw and matchups are a huge factor, but there is not a single dominant team this year. Not 1.

A lot of negative talk after yesterday's loss to FSU, but there are a lot of positives that came out of that game. I will just give names you saw the game:

David Levitch
Tony Hicks
Mango (Mangok)

There are some serious developments coming out of the last few games and really over the last few weeks (really the course of the season):

Donovan has emerged as the star (NBA player we thought he would be)

Q is better than we thought and arguably the most important player.

Mango and Jaylen are making strong cases to be regular starters.

Hicks is making a case for more PT. He needs better decision making and shot selection. Really don't like saying that about a 5th year Senior. He was good yesterday overall.

Anas has emerged. He needs to get stronger.

David Levitch (Do I need say more?)
I agree we have a nice bench and have depth. Id love to see us use it more and give players rest.

Calm Down people we may not win the outright ACC. Title but there is a tournament before the big show in March that we will compete for and maybe just maybe we will come prepared as much as anyone and win the damn thing go CARDS L1C4.

the only thing missing is execution when we need to score late in games, when we are in the flow of going through our motion offense we seem to do well during the game; but for set plays late in the game clock I've noticed some unforced errors...some of that has been explained away with tired legs due to over playing, but these kids shouldn't be that tired.

the only thing missing is execution when we need to score late in games, when we are in the flow of going through our motion offense we seem to do well during the game; but for set plays late in the game clock I've noticed some unforced errors...some of that has been explained away with tired legs due to over playing, but these kids shouldn't be that tired.
Most here dont believe kids have been over played.

Glad someone else can see that.

We've got the size, depth and skill to beat anybody when we shoot well. We haven't shot well enough, consistently, to win six in a row against the best teams, and there are a bunch of really good teams. We will need to have a couple of guys get really hot in the tournament to make it through. Go Cards!

Reactions: SoulSr
Beasley...enough...we get your stance. You come on the the national cbb and say the same things verbatim. It's embarrassing, and you sound like a gd broken record at this point. By all means post, but quit trying to ingrain your rhetoric in other people's heads by spewing the same drivel over and over and over. We get it. it just adds more fuel to the fire, and UK fans pile on.

Rick does not draw-up set plays in the final minutes like Crum use to do. He let's his best player keep the ball and shoot as the time runs out. Edgar Sosa dribbling the ball at mid-court for 20+ seconds then launching a 20' three pointer to beat KY comes to mind.

Beasley...enough...we get your stance. You come on the the national cbb and say the same things verbatim. It's embarrassing, and you sound like a gd broken record at this point. By all means post, but quit trying to ingrain your rhetoric in other people's heads by spewing the same drivel over and over and over. We get it. it just adds more fuel to the fire, and UK fans pile on.
I only agreed with wreckcard kind sir.

What he said was truthful

I only agreed with wreckcard kind sir.

What he said was truthful
It goes further than that. Your off-base criticisms of arbitrary things, like your disdain for Mangok, have become tired and worn out. You're starting to post like you used to when you wanted Pitino gone. Btw, Deng Adel is a hell of a player, who is going to keep progressing. Without him or Mangok, we wouldn't be where we are today. You keep harping about him on the main board, and the vitriol that you keep spewing is not only off base, but it's annoying af. I know you have your right to an opinion, but so do I, and my opinion is that you need to formulate better content within your posts, and quit being such a downer on some of the players on this team, along with our head coach.
45910578.jpg

Thinking a player needs minutes capped is not a slam on a player, it is in a lot of cases the truth.
Adel is a good player but 20 minutes in the second half had him gassed and it made his shot flat and off.
That is not a slam, that is the truth.

Coaches make mistakes. I feel like pitino made a mistake not giving mango and adel a blow dow the stretch so they had something in the tank.

That is my opinion and i am not alone in that opinion.

You dont like me thats fine. All you want to read is sunshine pumping posts that is fine.

I like lifting up the rug and seeing the entire picture.

I also said if we fix those things we are a championship team. Funny you only mention certain things.

Why dont you start threads so we can critique your views as well.

Go cards.....

More than 1 way to view things man.

You're like a broken furby that just keeps repeating the same thing over and over. You've said on the main board that Adel isn't a good player, now you're saying he is good, he just is gassed and needs less minutes in the second half? I'm not going to get into this too much with you, frankly because I could cue up your rebuttal without having to think about it. I've been reading your posts the past few weeks, and as I've been lurking, today I felt compelled to say this to you, mostly for your own benefit. You're a better poster than this. Being objective doesn't mean you have to drag our players and coach through the dirt 24/7. I could say a lot more, but I'm going to stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: gocards827
Looking forward to your posts so i can disect them as well. Oh wait all you do is driveby critiques of anyone that has an opinion.

Good day kind sir.

I would like to see us pound it inside and wear teams out.

Looking forward to your posts so i can disect them as well. Oh wait all you do is driveby critiques of anyone that has an opinion.

Good day kind sir.
Notice how you're literally the only one I've done that to. My track record of posting on the main board speaks for itself. Feel free to do whatever you want.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT