ADVERTISEMENT

Western Michigan series

Uggh. Cards tied with WMU 2-2 in top of the 6th. Detmers with 10ks but has given up 6 hits. 105 pitchers. Evan Webster in to pitch now.

Good relief pitching today.
Evan Webster was outstanding in 3 innings of relief. The Cards were able to scratch out a couple of runs late to help him out. Big Mike with the save.
An absolutely dreadful day for baseball,so kudos to the kids for being resilient enough to withstand a WMU team trying to steal one.
I only saw the last half of the game and I felt like a popsicle when I left.

Reactions: PHCARD
Lavy is really struggling at SS. Just had his second misque of the day (that I saw).

I don’t believe I’ve ever seen 4 errors by one team in a single inning before. Entertaining to say the least.

New Lavy is really struggling at SS. Just had his second misque of the day (that I saw).
I think he will end up at 2nd soon. The return of Dunn puts things back where they were and Lavey playing where he shined last season.

You think? I know Dunn has played at 2d but I didn’t know if he had the experience or range for SS. I’m happy with whomever can play the position and make plays. Hopefully Dunn makes his season debut at the plate today.

Dunn was playing short in the Fall and in Spring practices until the injury.
It's a legitimate question.
I think we'll know by the Wake Forest series, but I would think he'll get a shot.
Lavey just looks more comfortable at 2nd.

Reactions: Bardman
Something that may also factor in is can Luke Brown’s hitting be consistent? If he struggles, does Dunn go to the outfield or can Usher play CF. Also when Binelas gets back to 3rd, what do we do with Metzinger. Need his bat one the lineup but also need Davis as well. It’s almost like we have too many pieces. We have to find out which ones fit the best.

Usher can definitely play center. Saw him make about 5 outstanding plays out there back in the pizza bowl series.
Borden may be the only natural ss we have.

I was thinking about Metz as well. Man, he is on a groove and when someone is there...you let them play. Bianco is also playing really well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT