ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend Rotation...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
...Granted the season is over, and a WR is pretty much obsolete in the postseason.

But what happened to the starters behind Funkhouser? I think they were Ruxer and Kidston. We had the frosh with high potential, Rogers, starting last nite. And he did a great job. But just a few weeks ago, he was getting shelled as a midweek starter. Has Rogers suddenly raised his game several notches, or have the other guys fallen off or gotten nicked up?

Not a good time of the year to have one reliable starter...

Ruxer left after the third inning a couple of weeks ago. Nobody has posted why he left. Injury, discipline, ???

Rogers was a pleasant surprise last night but it was against the last place team. He is a freshman. Note that he didn't complete the game. That was coach's decision, IMO. CDM doesn't let his guys complete games. Assume that is to keep the bullpen active.

Your concern is well founded, Zipp. We all want to know.

Originally posted by 71card:
Ruxer left after the third inning a couple of weeks ago. Nobody has posted why he left. Injury, discipline, ???

Rogers was a pleasant surprise last night but it was against the last place team. He is a freshman. Note that he didn't complete the game. That was coach's decision, IMO. CDM doesn't let his guys complete games. Assume that is to keep the bullpen active.

Your concern is well founded, Zipp. We all want to know.
A little bird told me that Ruxer left because of some tendinitis type issues.Not sure if it was elbow or shoulder.He's gotten treatment,hopefully close to being back.

Thanks, earsky. That makes me feel a whole lot better.

That reminds me. I have a dentist appt. next week.

Definitely there is some concern with the starting rotation mainly Ruxer, especially getting hurt and having a subpar last year. You are correct, Rogers has gotten roughed up a bit, especially the 1st game against UK. He did better the 2nd time against UK but still got the lost. Other than the FR Harrington, we don't have a lot of guys with starting experience. Harrington has a good record 3-1 but has been roughed up on several occasions in relief appearances. Filomeno did start early in the season but that failed miserably. He also hasn't gotten much work lately out of the pen either.

Kidston is really coming on after throwing a 2 hitter against UC but as someone pointed out, Cinci is not very good.

It will be interesting to see who we get paired with in the tournament.

Go Cards!

Here is what I understand about the AAC tournament.
There will be two pools that will play round robins. That is a total of 12 games.
A: Us, Memphis, Rutgers and USF
B: UCF, Houston, Temple and CT

The winners will play 2 out of three.

Assumptions:
UC is out
If two teams are tied (2-1) they will play one more game.

Our seniors, Gardner and Sturgeon have never won a tournament title. Wow, there will be quite a few games if we get to the championship series. This will tell us a lot about the depth of our pitching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT