Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
UPDATE: 12/16/19 2:00

Just got an update on Purdy from a UL source:

I was told he has been in contact with the staff and I was told everything seems good. He didn't say the exact words "I'm signing with Louisville" but my source said he feels like everything is good.

I'll get in touch with my guy in Arizona later tonight to see what the vibe is on his end.

My people at FSU have nothing new to report at this time.

UPDATE: 12/15/19 7:30PM

Spoke with a Louisville source and these are the main takeaways:

Lakevias Daniel wrapped up his official today. His mother seems pretty sold on Louisville. I was told the family cut the visit short so they could shoot down to Ole Miss but they changed their minds. Daniel hung out with former Louisville and NFL star Deion Branch who is from Mississippi and came to Louisville from Jones County Junior College. That conversation seemed to have a positive impact on Daniel and his family. I was told the family will sit down and make a decision this week. I don't know where he will sign but he will do so on Wednesday. Louisville seems very confident.

Jamri Hodge came straight from TCU and got to Louisville a little later then scheduled. He did get to campus for the banquet yesterday and got a tour of the facilities this morning. He wrapped up his visit with a meeting in coach Satterfield's office and the vibe is that it's a 50/50 split between the Cards and the Horned Frogs.

Mason Cobb and his family really liked Louisville and the visit went very well. The concern is that Louisville came in at the tail end of his recruitment with Oklahoma State and Arizona having a familiarity advantage. The vibe is that he is leaning toward Oklahoma State.

Jakorian Bennet and his family seemed to love the visit a month ago and the staff is still in contact with him. He took an official visit to Maryland this weekend. Bennett keeps his cards close to the vest and it's hard to get a read on him.

Yaya Diaby took an official visit to WVU and the word is wasn't really feeling it. Despite what my Tennessee source told me about Diaby ruling out Louisville people on S. Floyd discredited that notion and they still feel confident he signs with Louisville. There is a suspicion however that Diaby is hoping that South Carolina comes around after missing on other prospects and tells him he can commit. I mentioned in the heat check that Neal Brown tweeted about a commitment. That commitment was Jordan White, an offensive guard, not Diaby.

The vibe on Louisville safety commit Lovie Jenkins is that he went to Pitt for a free trip. He's been in communication with the staff while up there. He told the Card staff that all the Pitt guys are doing is negative recruiting against Louisville which is pissing him off.

Finally, the staff thinks they're fine with Chubba Purdy. They talked to his dad while the family was in Tallahassee and they’re expecting a call later tonight. I was told however, that the Purdy family does not allow snap decisions so the thing to watch for if nothing gets out by Wednesday is if he takes his recruitment past the early signing period into February. Of course if I find out anything new I'll post it here.

12/14/19 2:30 PM EST

FLIP WATCH
I'm going to use the Home Land Security threat level system to address commits visiting elsewhere who may flip.
Severe
High
Elevated
Guarded
Low
These levels are subject to change

There are two Louisville commits visiting FSU this weekend. I am hearing that someone has committed to FSU this weekend but I'm not sure it's one of the Louisville commits. The word I got from the FSU side was it was "big time" so they probably weren't talking about Griffis.

Chubba Purdy just arrived at FSU. New FSU OC Kenny Dillingham faced timed Purdy, told him he had an offer, then offered him an official and the Purdy's jumped on it. FSU just got a QB commit and he had flight complications last night but he still booked another flight to Florida. He's expected to stay in Tallahassee until Monday. Quarterbacks usually don't go this route in my experience and this is quite unique. I downplayed Purdy's flip status earlier this week but then FSU got a QB commit and there were flight complications yet he is still flying out there. Level: Elevated

Josh Griffis has been there since Friday morning. Level: Severe

Lovie Jenkins is visiting Pitt. He did this on the low. One of the people close to him said he wasn't visiting and Dexter Rentz told me he wasn't visiting Pitt but low and behold he's on Pitt's campus.
Level: Elevated

There has been rumors that Kobe Baynes is a possible flip to Miami but my guy in Miami flat out told me "NO" when I asked if he was going to flip to Miami. Now keep in mind it's lying season but my guy in Miami is a hype beast and if they had a shot I think he would brag about it. Level: Guarded

UNCOMMITED PROSPECTS

Marcus Dumervil is headed to either Florida or LSU.

Thomas Shrader is on an official visit to FSU with his entire family. I think he sticks with FSU.

I heard Mason Cobb had a good visit, his mom and dad enjoyed the city and clicked with the staff. They are now visiting Oklahoma State. I'll call this one 50/50 right now and I'll speak with him Monday about the two visits.

I was told Jamie Vance is expected to announce today before his state title game at 3:30 Central Time. I expect his choice to be Louisville but he was supposed to announce a month and some change ago so who knows. Follow my guy @samspiegs on twitter today because he'll be the one to break the news.

I expect JUCO corner Lakevias Daniels who recently decommitted to Ole Miss to sign with them again.

Kam Wilson took his official visit this weekend all is good. I'm expecting him to sign with Louisville this week.

I'll pass on any additional information I get. I've yet to speak with Jamoi Hodge, Jaqwondis Burns, or Jakorian Bennett so look out for updates on those guys.

UPDATE 12/15/19 1:45PM

Got word that Jamoi Hodge did in fact show up for his official. I will have a report on him later tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News