ADVERTISEMENT

We swapped D coordinators

Sounds like the friction between BP and Grantham especially after the Wake Forest game may have been the spark that lit the dumpster fire that our team became in our last 3 games.

If that is true, I'm glad it came to head now, way ahead of Lamar's Junior year. Lots of work to do.

Reactions: beasleythecard
So Grantham was,kicked to the curb after getting a raise last year....to make room for the MSU D coordinator who's defense ranked in the 100's last year as a first time coordinator?
Must have went to one of our local public schools as I see that your reading comprehension is lacking.

(escalated quickly)....meaning...going from a raise to being fired in one year.

Genius.

Reactions: American Male
Must have went to one of our local public schools as I see that your reading comprehension is lacking.

(escalated quickly)....meaning...going from a raise to being fired in one year.

Genius.

or maybe he just left of his own accord. And I'll just go ahead and leave the must have "went" to one of our local public schools alone... :)

Can someone make some sense of this statement? ...from footballscoop.com....

"Mississippi State defensive coordinator Peter Sirmon has agreed to become Louisville’s defensive coordinator, sources tell FootballScoop. The arrangement has been in the works for some time, sources told FootballScoop, but Louisville wanted to wait until current defensive coordinator Todd Grantham found new employment."

What has been in the works? Letting Grantham go? Hiring Peter Sirmon? Both?

Maybe the statement is completely wrong but supposedly there was an agreement to let Grantham walk but we wanted to make sure he found employment. So when MSU hired Todd, it just so happened that we like the guy (Sirmon) who was fired from the job Grantham just took so we made him our new DC?

Looking for clarification.

Can someone make some sense of this statement? ...from footballscoop.com....

"Mississippi State defensive coordinator Peter Sirmon has agreed to become Louisville’s defensive coordinator, sources tell FootballScoop. The arrangement has been in the works for some time, sources told FootballScoop, but Louisville wanted to wait until current defensive coordinator Todd Grantham found new employment."

What has been in the works? Letting Grantham go? Hiring Peter Sirmon? Both?

Maybe the statement is completely wrong but supposedly there was an agreement to let Grantham walk but we wanted to make sure he found employment. So when MSU hired Todd, it just so happened that we like the guy (Sirmon) who was fired from the job Grantham just took so we made him our new DC?

Looking for clarification.
Jodie D. was just on wave 3, said that Sirmon was hired this past Sunday. Sounds like TG was on the way out and when Sirmon left MSU for Louisville, he (TG) contacted them.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Jodie D. was just on wave 3, said that Sirmon was hired this past Sunday. Sounds like TG was on the way out and when Sirmon left MSU for Louisville, he (TG) contacted them.
I didn't realize coaches could be traded for each other. Who knew? :p

It's my understanding the new DC is a pretty good recruiter. Maybe he can bring some talent in to replace the talent we lost.

Reactions: clearthebases
I didn't realize coaches could be traded for each other. Who knew? :p

It's my understanding the new DC is a pretty good recruiter. Maybe he can bring some talent in to replace the talent we lost.
Your correct. Really good recruiter and his players love him. Interesting nugget, his son is rated 4 stars and plays linebacker. Currently a Washington recruit. Has a nephew QB rated #16 in class of 2018.

Louisville hit a home run with today. Cutting ties with our sweatty clueless dc grantham and getting a young and hungry dc....

Also getting a dbacks coach that will add a lot to our defense.

We got better as a football team today.

Louisville hit a home run with today. Cutting ties with our sweatty clueless dc grantham and getting a young and hungry dc....

Also getting a dbacks coach that will add a lot to our defense.

We got better as a football team today.
Nailed it again. Who wants a top 10 DC with huge recruiting connections in the south, when you can get an unproven guy who's only defense as a DC ranked in the 100's and was canned for it? Oh yeah, and one who the majority of his recruiting connections are in an area of the country that Louisville has no chance of pulling meaningful players from.

Add 'home run' to the list of things Ms. Beasley doesn't understand the meaning of.

Nailed it again. Who wants a top 10 DC with huge recruiting connections in the south, when you can get an unproven guy who's only defense as a DC ranked in the 100's and was canned for it? Oh yeah, and one who the majority of his recruiting connections are in an area of the country that Louisville has no chance of pulling meaningful players from.

Add 'home run' to the list of things Ms. Beasley doesn't understand the meaning of.
You said he was a great dc, i said i want him gone. I said he is steaming money because of his gift to other teams on 3rd down.

I am a happy cardinal fan because we sent someone packing that had no business on our sideline. I called it and it feels good.

Looking forward to the other changes and I know next season will be a better one simply because we are cutting dead weight.

Great day to be a cardinal fan.

I've put one of them on IGNORE already.

Didn't want to. Felt I owed it to him. (in my best Judge Smails voice)

Always liked what he had to say. But when every post is the same as the one before, I had to. I got tired of the redundant posts breaking up the threads.

So, they're gone for now. I'm sure he'll calm down soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT