ADVERTISEMENT

"We Need Older Players"

The biggest coaching disaster in history. Dumb, no experience, zero awareness, no PR skills, can't X, can't O, can't motivate, just totally unqualified and in way over his head. We all get why he was hired. There was pressure all around for him to be the guy, but it's a crime what he's doing. It was a crime to have put him in that position. This has been a farce, a fiasco, a shit show, humiliating, infuriating, exasperating, and I'm sick of it.

Get that Mother ****er out of here!!!!!

From the courier journal last March:
Time is of the essence for Payne this offseason, and considering he called his staff "one of the best in the country" after U of L's season-ending loss to Boston College, it's clear his primary concern is roster construction. The NCAA transfer portal is open; the coach hasn't been shy about the Cardinals' intentions to acquire experienced players through it; and then there's never-ending work to be done on the recruiting trail.

You failed at your self-appointed task coach, just like everything else.

I don't get KP. He has been the "coach" through a shortened recruiting class similar to Brohm's first year, and a full recruiting year. Didn't have the cloud of NCAA sanctions
for nearly the entire time as coach, and he just now complains of not having older players???!!! Where has his head been? Where is next years recruits? I guess being in the NBA for a few years made him forget College coaches recruit high school, portal, grad students.

See my previous post in this thread. He's a liar and doesn't know what he's doing. Said he wanted experience in March and passed on it. Now he is repeating himself like he just found the holy grail. Idiot.
Fire him before he burns down the campus.

What we need is a gotdamn coach.. This guy is a walking clown show.. If Heird doesn't can him before Christmas then he needs to be canned to. I mean where is he ? Hell, come out and tell us he has your full support like you did last year. At least then we know you're as much of the problem as Pain..

Reactions: Deeva and PushupMan
It really is mind boggling watching a bunch of guys that don't dribble or pass well trying to do that against a good defensive team like uk's. You don't have to have older guys,you just have to have guys that can dribble and pass without the other team taking it away every other possession.
Also,we watch mid major teams every March crash the Elite Eight,knocking off p5 schools along the way because they have a progressive understanding of how to play the game with less talented dudes.
Recruit basketball players that understand the game...and shoot well. They don't have to be older. It's not that hard.
See St.Peters from 2 seasons ago. Refreshing to watch guards that rarely turn it over and understand that there's no error of margin,who cherish every single possession.

It really is mind boggling watching a bunch of guys that don't dribble or pass well trying to do that against a good defensive team like uk's. You don't have to have older guys,you just have to have guys that can dribble and pass without the other team taking it away every other possession.
Also,we watch mid major teams every March crash the Elite Eight,knocking off p5 schools along the way because they have a progressive understanding of how to play the game with less talented dudes.
Recruit basketball players that understand the game...and shoot well. They don't have to be older. It's not that hard.
See St.Peters from 2 seasons ago. Refreshing to watch guards that rarely turn it over and understand that there's no error of margin,who cherish every single possession.
I agree with a lot of this but would argue that the offense and style KP is running (whatever that is) allows his players - guards and wings - to dribble entirely too much with no purpose. Guys looking to take their guy 1:1.

Players dribbling while other players are many times either not moving or cutting…. Cutting at the wrong time. Sometimes they look good getting to the basket and others it’s an unforced turnover or bad pass. I would love to see one KP’s practices.

agree with a lot of this but would argue that the offense and style KP is running (whatever that is) allows his players - guards and wings - to dribble entirely too much with no purpose. Guys looking to take their guy 1:1.
Absolutely! And I was alluding to that. Don't bring in guys that don't fit your system- whatever that is. Doesn't matter how freakin old they are.

Reactions: LouisvilleKid79
He will never be able to get the guys for his system. They will go to NC Duke UK Kansas etc. So he will have to get guys who won't fit his system out of whoever else is available. Since this is all he knows, consistent failure is inevitable.

Reactions: shadow force
we need older players, 3 point shooters, a new defensive scheme, and a defensive assistant coach.
the current defensive scheme is easily broken.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT