ADVERTISEMENT

We Broke the Noles

genghis_card

4000+
Sep 19, 2005
Man... that team has never been the same since they played us. They need to snap out of it.

#23 FSU just won @ #10 Miami, 20-19...blocked PAT to tie the game in the waning minute doomed the 'Canes.

60:00 minute game OP.

We'll that's easy to say. But it looks like to me for at least 150 minutes after their game with us, they weren't the same team. They didn't look that great at USF, then lost at home to UNC, who won a couple of two point games before getting waxed yesterday by VT.

Nice comeback last night. Lucky for the blocked PAT.

FSU regained their pride and footing.

Match ups play a big role in all this. Louisville and UNC had the personnel to exploit their defense, the U did not.

Reactions: Mayoman
We'll that's easy to say. But it looks like to me for at least 150 minutes after their game with us, they weren't the same team. They didn't look that great at USF, then lost at home to UNC, who won a couple of two point games before getting waxed yesterday by VT.

They will be just fine when they get Derwin James back for the Clemson game. Francois gets better every time I see him.

Miami has a very good TOUGH football team AND Florida State is the in-state and in-conference rival. That game is usually a war and last night it was just that. A freaking war of a football game. Hard hitting, jaw jacking war. For the Noles to bounce back and win in the way they won (blocked PAT) showed heart and championship qualities. The Florida State season was saved last night.

But here is the thing. We've had probably the toughest schedule of any team in the country to date. We've played Ole Miss, at Louisville, South Florida (who by the way is 5-1), North Carolina and Miami. Literally no easy gimme wins among any of those teams. I can't remember the last time our schedule has been this brutal. And it won't get any easier. We have Wake (who is 5-1), Clemson, NC State (who is 5-1), and UF coming up among our last 6 games. The ACC is getting so much better and might be the 1st or 2nd best conference right now.

But here is the thing. We've had probably the toughest schedule of any team in the country to date. We've played Ole Miss, at Louisville, South Florida (who by the way is 5-1), North Carolina and Miami. Literally no easy gimme wins among any of those teams. I can't remember the last time our schedule has been this brutal. And it won't get any easier. We have Wake (who is 5-1), Clemson, NC State (who is 5-1), and UF coming up among our last 6 games. The ACC is getting so much better and might be the 1st or 2nd best conference right now.

If Richt can keep things improving at the U and if Louisville keeps maintaining their gains that would be Clemson, Louisville, FSU and Miami all as top 15 teams. That would be a very formidable, respected and legit conference.

PITT, Virginia Tech and UNC seem like they could spring board into top 20 teams. UNC is good I'm just waiting to see if they maintain it.

Reactions: Mayoman and tluck28
Schmidty, no question that your schedule has been a killer. I see now where the Noles have the #7 RPI SOS nationally. Long term, however, that's good for your program. I wish the Louisville schedule was a little stronger, but sometimes that's not within your control in the short run.

I hope that enough Nole fans besides yourself realize that. I know that Kelly has come under a lot of heat recently, but I saw a respectable defense on the field last nite. A sputtering offense too often puts pressure on your defense. It's also easy for an impatient fanbase to sour relationships with these coaches.

BTW, I'm really enjoying how Jimbo and your guys are being portrayed in the Showtime series. My wife and I started watching it around the Louisville game, and now she's asking me if I have it DVR'd for the next episode! As far as Showtime, I'm sure Jimbo has asked himself a couple of times this year "WTH have I done?". But I think that series has been a net positive for your program. It reflects well on the coaches and kids in it.

Good luck the rest of way!...

Reactions: Mayoman
Schmidty, no question that your schedule has been a killer. I see now where the Noles have the #7 RPI SOS nationally. Long term, however, that's good for your program. I wish the Louisville schedule was a little stronger, but sometimes that's not within your control in the short run.

I hope that enough Nole fans besides yourself realize that. I know that Kelly has come under a lot of heat recently, but I saw a respectable defense on the field last nite. A sputtering offense too often puts pressure on your defense. It's also easy for an impatient fanbase to sour relationships with these coaches.

BTW, I'm really enjoying how Jimbo and your guys are being portrayed in the Showtime series. My wife and I started watching it around the Louisville game, and now she's asking me if I have it DVR'd for the next episode! As far as Showtime, I'm sure Jimbo has asked himself a couple of times this year "WTH have I done?". But I think that series has been a net positive for your program. It reflects well on the coaches and kids in it.

Good luck the rest of way!...
Our DC Kelly has had problems since 2014, especially against up-tempo teams. Was Saturday's effort a signal that the defense will change? We shall find out soon enough. I remain unconvinced of Kelly to date.

Our DC Kelly has had problems since 2014, especially against up-tempo teams. Was Saturday's effort a signal that the defense will change? We shall find out soon enough. I remain unconvinced of Kelly to date.
Fair enough. Just recognize that people everywhere walk around with flawed perceptions of cause and effect.

Maybe Kelly's a problem--you know better than most of the posters here. But what you WILL get here is an outsider's perspective, and POVs that are pretty much unbiased.

Hope you guys keep things rolling from Saturday against a tough schedule working against you in the short run. (Don't forget that last part!...)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT