ADVERTISEMENT

We aren't good

Frustrating team to watch these days. I do believe we are better than we are showing lately, but we sure don't execute like we are. SO many small things being done poorly that keep some really talented players from being put in situations to take advantage of their skills. Receivers rarely seem to be open, RBs rarely get any holes to run through, and a QB who is always under pressure. Then a defense where the front is typically tough on the run, but a secondary who constantly allow big plays. BTW, thank you Blanton Creque for keeping the field goal game a bright spot.

Reactions: Deeva
Its a mix of youth and style not fitting. Lamar masks alllllot if not all of our issues. Also, these players were recruited to run more of the "Bobby 1.0" offense...but we've had to adapt to Lamar.

I like these young players and think Bobby will get them looking elite in the next 2-3 years. That does not help us now sadly and I feel Lamar will be going to waste.

Greenard and Etheridge play hard but for the most part this defense is a soft and horribly coached bunch.

Every team knows that if it’s close in the 2nd half, just run it up the gut and watch Louisville give up defensively.

Very average team. We can't stop the run due depth issues. On offense It Lamar seems to forget what down it is and tries to run on 3rd and 10 up the middle against a team who has a strong front 4. What the friggin hell! Next series, same crap and Mickey Crum has 3 drops in 2 games and false start penalty setting up 2 and 11. We have no 1st downs on 2 positions in the 3rd quarter. No Defense. BC is going to win this one.

For a 2016 vs 2017 comparison, we outscored the following 5 ACC opponents for wins 275-80 last year.
NC St.: 54-13
BC: 52-7
FSU: 63-20
Syracuse: 62-28
Wake Forest: 44-12.

This year:
Lost to NC St.: 47-35
Lost to BC: 45-42

What are the chances we even win those 3 ACC games still to be played against FSU, Syracuse or Wake this year?

Last edited:
For a 2016 vs 2017 comparison, we outscored the following 5 ACC opponents 275-80 last year.
NC St.: 54-13
BC: 52-7
FSU: 63-20
Syracuse: 62-28
Wake Forest: 44-12.

This year:
Lost to NC St.: 47-35
Losing to BC: 42-28

What are the chances we even win those 3 ACC games still to be played against FSU, Syracuse or Wake this year?
Charlie's guys are all gone now, our recruiting isn't good.

Lamar Jackson is one of the greatest players to walk on a colleg football field. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a more exciting and dominating offensive player.

Only at Louisville would we have a Heisman Qb and were never able to win big with him truly amazing and sad

It'll be another blackeye for us. I read an article that stated having Lamar is like having a cornerstone for your program. It's truly pathetic to have wasted that talent.

Lamar is a stud and as a cat fan I wish we could find someone half as good as he is and will be. Dude is legit and will tear it up in the league.

Reactions: Louisvillian
We are 2-6 against P5 teams (I'm counting Houston) since starting 9-1 last year....

UofL has lost 6 of its last 10 games. WOW.............thats not good. ohhh and by the way.....UofL's next game is at Florida State. I am sure they are looking forward to a payback

This is a bad team, dysfunction is how I would describe it. They are finding ways to lose games. It really is every part of the game. It is little things. The last 2 weeks they have a chance to win both games. They make enough mistakes to give the other team the game.

Today, end of the first half was a perfect example of all 3 units failing. Louisville stops them gets the ball with 5 minutes fails to do anything with it. They punt, it is such a poor punt they return it to the 50. A normal punt the guy has to fair catch inside the 20. The defense has them 3rd and 10 miss a sack the QB gains 20, they end up scoring. Louisville quickly moves down field 40 and Lamar has literally 20 yards clear running and he throws to ball away. The next play is holding call taking them out of field goal range. Instead on trying to get three they go deep. They get nothing. They end up losing by 3.

Bad teams find ways to lose. This group is finding ways to lose to teams they shouldn't be losing to. As bad as the defense has been they have gotten the offense the ball with a chance to win the last two weeks. The offense turned it over both times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT