ADVERTISEMENT

We are now expecting to play for National Titles

Louisvillian

6000+
Oct 27, 2006
at every level of Athletics now. A top 10 Basketball program joins an incredible football team with the most exciting player in college football. We also were a blown home run call and then a grooved home run by UCSB against the best stopper in college baseball to going to 4 straight College World Series.

Good Stuff. Howard's vision and Denny's did not suck. TJ., you are awesome.

I won't take it that far in regards to expectations. But I agree with your enthusiasm. I think we just want to play in big games, and we do that.

Maybe Hop but it's really incredible how hard it is for other blue blood athletic programs in anything other than college basketball to fathom what they are seeing.

Maybe Hop but it's really incredible how hard it is for other blue blood athletic programs in anything other than college basketball to fathom what they are seeing.

I'm enjoying the ride and don't take it for granted. That is for sure.

I just want to be careful as far as expecting high level accomplishments out of amateurs trying their hardest.

But I am 100% behind the sentiment in your post. I'm with you.

Reactions: Cue Card
These are pretty remarkable times if you're old enough to recall bygone days. I can't get too upset about any of these programs esp. when they all are challenging for championships...

Great times ahead, what TJ and Bobby are building is hard to believe. As I stated in another post recently, I can remember attending our games Howard's first season. The only thing to cheer about that year was Ernest Givins.

The transformation across the board has been remarkable. I remember when the Cards had to give up 2 games on the road just to get a decent opponent to come to Cardinal Stadium. I remember when UofK refused to play in Louisville until PJCS was built. UofK of all teams thought THEY were too good to play in Cardinal Stadium. LOL.

My how times have changed. :cool:

at every level of Athletics now. A top 10 Basketball program joins an incredible football team with the most exciting player in college football. We also were a blown home run call and then a grooved home run by UCSB against the best stopper in college baseball to going to 4 straight College World Series.

Good Stuff. Howard's vision and Denny's did not suck. TJ., you are awesome.

I'm still not over that grand slam by UCSB. That one stung, not going to lie.

I'm still not over that grand slam by UCSB. That one stung, not going to lie.
I'm not over the Cal St Fullerton phantom Home run in 2015. It was foul. I know from where I sat I saw it curve and shoot down right in front of the foul pole. The one thing I thought was possible was that it hit the pole and kicked left. It was bending so sharply way before it got to the foul pole.

I know a guy who was sober and standing just to the right of the pole and said it really wasn't close to being a home run and definitely never touched the foul pole. That was tough but you're right, Burdi giving up the walk off slam was a gut wrencher.

Reactions: nccardfan
I still remember when the Liberty Bowl was our goal.
I remember when our goal was to get to the game at half time to watch Marshalls band. That's if we made it at all. We've come a long way. Now I'm in my seat at least 45 minutes early and there to the end. And can't wait until the next game

The one thing I noticed about this team was their hunger,very few teams come back from that 2nd quarter.The Cards really brushed it aside and kept coming.I think they even won a few fans in the process.(Rocky4 comes to mind when the comies started chanting"ROCKY ROCKY")lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT