ADVERTISEMENT

WBB 107 - Tennessee St. 52

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
(Notes made while waiting for UofL to name a football Coach...)

An easy-as-expected 55-point win yesterday for Louisville WBB against the Tigers. Walz played them all, they all played well and for at least 10 minutes each. And, Jess hit a three and Lindsey bucketed three threes! I love those two!

For misinterpretations, impressive runs, breaking the law and AC/DC references, let's jump (as high as Jazz Jones!) to:

FIVE THINGS ABOUT THIS GAME

1) You Shook me all night long. Sorry about the AC/DC steal, but Kylee Shook put together one heck of a 20 minutes yesterday. Eight blocks, 14 rebounds, eight points and just one turnover for the Colorado junior. Last seen, she was gift-wrapping Jeff Walz's Christmas presents, preparing the next media buffet and swatting any low-flying aircraft approaching Bowman Field. I thought highly of Kylee's efforts Sunday. (Poet and don't know it, right?)

2) A new "3" Threat. Lindsey Duvall has a long range game. She knocked down three bombs yesterday and all seven of the attempts looked like they were headed in. Sydney who? Coach Walz complimented her spring-summer-fall dedication to trying to perfect the art of "long shot success" and she led the team in threes made. Negotiations currently underway for her to swap jerseys with Sam Fuehring so she can have the matching "3" number to go with her game. "Duvall three ball ! "

3) Back in the YUM! Alvin Sims was one of my favorite players from that era of Louisville men's basketball. He now has a daughter who is college age and plays for Tennessee State. Asia Sims saw 30 minutes at guard with five points, six turnovers, two assists and one "three" made. She's got Dad's smile, same style of aggressive play and got to accomplish what Dad never had the chance to...play on the Denny Crum Court floor in the KFC YUM! Center. Alvin and the Chipmunks -- oops! family --- were all-smiles behind the Tiger bench watching and cheering.

4) Leading the criminal life. Don't be surprised if you see the Cardinal team photo posted in the Mayberry, RFD post office. The Cards had 19 steals and that's 30 pilfers over the last two games.
Colombo, Matlock, NCIS, and Criminal Minds have all been retained by the NCAA to investigate. I'm pretty sure I heard TSN head coach Jessica Kern yelling "Citizen's Arrest, Citizen's Arrest !!" each time Arica Carter or Jazmine Jones ran by her.

5) Oops! Late in the game, Jess Laemmle was applying defensive pressure on the sidelines close to us on media row. She was shouting while guarding. I swear she was yelling "Gobble, gobble, gobble." but Paulie explained to me, after chuckling for awhile, that she was calling for a "double, double, double" on the trap. And here I was, all impressed with Jess's extended, post Thanksgiving holiday spirit and her fine turkey impression. To make matters worse, Paulie ratted me out when he walked by her after the game. At least the misinterpretation got a big smile out of her and Asia Durr. Comic relief Sonja, yep, that's me.

--sonja--

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News