ADVERTISEMENT

Watching our future opponents today ... UK looks horrific. But is only down 17. ...

Pervis_Griffith

25000+
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Kentucky looks awful. The O-Line play is pitiful. Zero offense. If they were playing anybody else, this game would be out of reach. But since they're playing South Carolina, they are still in it. I see no evidence the Cats will turn things around, but ... they are still only down 17-0.

NC State doesn't look all that good either ... although they do have some players in places. Some D-Line guys to look out for. And some WR's that could pose some problems. Looks like they lost their starting QB, which could explain a lot of this.

Boston College will give us trouble. But we could beat them. It looks like their QB started putting things back together after the Kansas drubbing. And if he can find the passing game, to go along with their running backs, they will give us all we want and then some. Hopefully, we can force some turnovers, and get in the head of the QB. But they gave a solid Wake team all they wanted and more.

Wake Forest will be tougher than BC ... mainly because they play pretty much error free football. And have some talent, and are well coached, and are balanced. I suspect we take a big fat L in this one ... but we'll see. They get a bye next week, before we play them ... which can only further help them out.

Virginia came up short against Notre Dame ... but they are a solid club. I guarantee that Perkins will make at least two plays after scrambling that will drive me crazy. But they have big WR's, and a pretty stout D ... I don't anticipate a win in this one.

Clemson had their scare today. I can't believe that UNC gave them as much trouble as they did. Is this just that week of the year where Clemson sleep-walks their way to victory? Or are they suddenly vulnerable? Are the Heels THAT good? (no ... no they aren't). Clemson is gonna have to show this kind of game one other time before I even begin to contemplate putting them into a "very small chance at pulling an upset" category.

I didn't see much of Syracuse -- but they handled Holy Cross pretty well.

Who am I missing? Miami .... I don't know if they even played today ...

So ... after today's games, I think
-- UK, and NC State, showed themselves to be very beatable.
-- Boston College is beatable, but we better come to play.
-- Wake will be tough. We almost need to play error free football for 60 minutes to give ourselves a good chance there. Ditto Virginia.
-- Clemson ... showed they're human ... can we sneak up and bite em?
-- No idea about Syracuse and Miami after today's games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News