ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Baker Mayfield today

Louisvillian

6000+
Oct 27, 2006
you know, the pre-ordained Heisman winner, it just occurs to me how this punk and the National sports media keep apologizing for bad behavior by saying, “you just don’t get him”. His latest “artistic” crap at lowly Kansas as proof.

Betting Petrino might give Mayfield a lesson in growing up and learning to be humble. He’s a really good college QB but once again, the best player in college football is LJ and it’s not even close.

Give me guys like Lamar Jackson, Teddy Bridgewater, Brian Brohm, Stefan LeFors, Dave Ragone, Chris Redman ....etc any day. We’ve been blessed/lucky.

Third strike.

Arrested, planting flag at OU, the crap today.

He lost the Heisman.

Goes to Barkley from PSU

Third strike.

Arrested, planting flag at OU, the crap today.

He lost the Heisman.

Goes to Barkley from PSU

He didn’t lose the Heisman but he cost himself a lot of $$$ in April @ the Draft...That and the fact he is only around at best 6’1....that arrest is just a horrible look for any NFL Franchise especially at the QB Position-(Face of a Franchise)

Reactions: American Male
Kinda reminds me of that linebacker from Clemson, Boulware. The type of guy that is easy to hate, but at the same time someone you would love to have as a teammate or playing for your team.

Well....stupid is as stupid does. But that was grade A moronically stupid!

And in total denial....whimpering like a little boy. Oh my....lotta maturing to be done there.

Work with two Oklahoma fans. Both say it's no big deal and better not hurt his chances with the Heisman. I just laughed out loud and told both of them that IF the award would go to the BEST college football player, then he shouldn't finish any higher than 2nd; behind Lamar Jackson. They laughed.

Then I showed them LJ's stats.

They stopped laughing. :oops:

Work with two Oklahoma fans. Both say it's no big deal and better not hurt his chances with the Heisman. I just laughed out loud and told both of them that IF the award would go to the BEST college football player, then he shouldn't finish any higher than 2nd; behind Lamar Jackson. They laughed.

Then I showed them LJ's stats.

They stopped laughing. :oops:

Good one. Just do not try to confuse them too much with facts though. And that picture tells another story. Wonder what GM's think about that picture and the behavior displayed on the sideline to an obvious inferior opponent..

Is that is really the kind of representative that voters want to represent the Heisman with? That really diminishes the award then, IMO. Whole person concept should matter for this type of award.

Oh well....lessening of standards and class rears there ugly head in yet another arena of the sports world. Go figure.

I agree but lets look at the history of the Heisman a little bit. They awarded the Heisman to Jameis Winston. They awarded the Heisman to Reggie Bush.

I don't think they much care about off the field issues regarding the Heisman.

Fair enough observation. Stealing and cheating just pale in comparison to obscenity, wonder what the parents of young girls/boys and women think about BM's antics...you know the ones at the game who first hand observed it and heard it?

Just a really sad and disturbing trend in Heisman trophy winners (except Lamar) and BM if he wins it this year. Wonder what John Heisman (rest his soul) would have to say about this matter?

Good one. Just do not try to confuse them too much with facts though. And that picture tells another story. Wonder what GM's think about that picture and the behavior displayed on the sideline to an obvious inferior opponent..

Is that is really the kind of representative that voters want to represent the Heisman with? That really diminishes the award then, IMO. Whole person concept should matter for this type of award.

Oh well....lessening of standards and class rears there ugly head in yet another arena of the sports world. Go figure.

Fair enough observation. Stealing and cheating just pale in comparison to obscenity, wonder what the parents of young girls/boys and women think about BM's antics...you know the ones at the game who first hand observed it and heard it?

Just a really sad and disturbing trend in Heisman trophy winners (except Lamar) and BM if he wins it this year. Wonder what John Heisman (rest his soul) would have to say about this matter?

Ah, yes. Then there's Johnny Football. How could I forget about him? LOL!!

Mayfield is simply put, a young immature punk. Some grow out of it. Some don't. I personally would be really suspect of a 22 year old Senior in college acting like he's 11 if I were a NFL GM.

I know I'm a homer, but I think Lamar Jackson is the real deal. He is humble yet confident. He plays the game like I would like to see my own son play it. He does his thing then hands the ball to the ref without all the nonsense. His celebrations are mild and you never seen him acting like Mayfield on or off the field, thank goodness.

If you listen close BM was crying like a little b!tch. Just another punk who feels he should get a pass because of who he is. Saddest part of it all is it looks like he’s going to. Football’s answer to DeMarcus Scuzzins.

Kinda reminds me of that linebacker from Clemson, Boulware. The type of guy that is easy to hate, but at the same time someone you would love to have as a teammate or playing for your team.

I dunno man, if there's video of your teammate runnin' from da police it's not a very good look. Let's be honest, if Mayfield were our guy we'd support him just like Oklahoma fans are but I'm very happy that we have Lamar and they don't.

I dunno man, if there's video of your teammate runnin' from da police it's not a very good look. Let's be honest, if Mayfield were our guy we'd support him just like Oklahoma fans are but I'm very happy that we have Lamar and they don't.
Lamar Is the class the field, hands down. My question is, what did Lamar not do this year that he did last year versus this clown called Mayfield

Reactions: Simple_Man
Lamar Is the class the field, hands down. My question is, what did Lamar not do this year that he did last year versus this clown called Mayfield

A big performance and victory against a marquee opponent. His performances against Clemson and FSU were incredible. And then you layer in all the crazy stats, the "Lamar Leap" on the road at Syracuse, the 7 TD's against Marshall, 600 yard games, etc etc.

What Lamar didn’t do? Nothing. The difference is Lamar plays for a team that has struggled for most of the year defensively and Baker Mayfield gets to play against the powder-puff defenses of the Big 12 week after week and Lamar still has more yards and TDs than Crotchy.

Not saying Mayfield isn’t a good College QB but If UofL was 10-1 and Oklahoma was 7-4, Lamar would be getting ready to do the Archie Griffin and it wouldn’t be close.

He's clearly just a Kenny Powers fan. Lighten up Francis.
3203432-kenny.powers.jizz.dance.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT