ADVERTISEMENT

Watching a little Texas vs. TCU waiting for our kick-off...

A local media guy close to Longhorn athletics was on the radio here in Louisville last week and said that Charlie has the backing of the people who matter at Texas and he re-iterated how bad a shape Mack Brown had left the program.

The blowout loss today left them with their worst start to a season since 1956. With Oklahoma up next and games still left against Oklahoma St, Kansas St, West Virginia, Texas Tech and Baylor, Charlie might not see year 3.

Reactions: Cardinals4Ever
Did I say I didn't "like" the answer? (Whatever that means). I know the "topic of this thread" and it's a dumb one......as was your post

Why are you so obsessed with that game? What point are you trying to make?

Most Cards hate Strong for doing EXACTLY what Coach Schnellenberger, John L, and
Petrino did.

Beating a one loss $EC team was a fluke because he lucked up getting Teddy, who
couldn't beat out Will Stein at first.

His 15 or so players in the NFL dont count, but Petrino's does. He should have recruited
better O lineman ( not including the two that just got drafted and start) so Petrino's
record wouldnt be 11-7.

His fault for Petrino's bizarre play calling , substitution patterns, and for him switching
from pro style to spread option.

That make you feel better?

Makes me feel better. I can't stand Texass. They helped keep us out of the Big 12 by not expanding soon enough. They felt like our Coaching staff was good enough though to rebuild their sorry ass program..

I guess they forgot Clint Hurtt was our top recruiter who brought in Bridgewater and company, not Coach Strong.

They are getting everything they deserve right now.

Karma.

Reactions: im2fast4u06
Makes me feel better. I can't stand Texass. They helped keep us out of the Big 12 by not expanding soon enough. They felt like our Coaching staff was good enough though to rebuild their sorry ass program..

I guess they forgot Clint Hurtt was our top recruiter who brought in Bridgewater and company, not Coach Strong.

They are getting everything they deserve right now.

Karma.

Again....positively goofy

Just like all your negative comments against anyone who has an opinion other than yours. Not everyone agrees with you.

Strong is suffering from the Cardinals 'curse' of the thinking the grass is greener.
He's getting what he deserves. And getting fired will net him 15 million.

He brought us out of the dark years of kragdud. Winning at WV, beating Miami,
and UF, as well as changing the culture here.

He left alot of weapons, and by moving on brougt back most of you'lls favorite here.

So it should be win -win for all

He left alot of weapons, and by moving on brougt back most of you'lls favorite here.

So it should be win -win for all

Actually, Just for the record, Coach Strong was my favorite. I hope the curse is double for him. He left players high and dry after they thought that He would be here for their senior years.

He's not cut Like that though. I thought the man stood for integrity, loyalty, and everything that he preached to his players. I didn't think that fame and fortune was all that was on his mind, just like every other coach in the book.

Nobody says that he didn't leave a lot of weapons here, or that He wasn't a great coach, and motivator, while he was here. He changed. People change.

He's getting everything that he deserves right now. .

I Hope Texass thinks that you're worth every penny that they paid.

Throw up a hook em horns symbol now Charlie.

Forgive me if I don't show him support for leaving us in the dust.

Reactions: im2fast4u06
I think maybe you're taking this stuff a little too seriously. Kind of sad it bothers you so much

My point exactly......your obsession with the subject and a coach who hasn't been in here in almost 2 years is strange

My point exactly......your obsession with the subject and a coach who hasn't been in here in almost 2 years is strange

And your obsession to be so negative about a team that you claim to support in Louisville is almost mind boggling.
Reggie Bonnafon made you eat your words today about him not being a D1 QB. And how about Lamar Jackson's sandlot skills that wasn't suppose to be good enough to beat NC State.

I'm not the only one who feels this way about Coach Strong. Everyone, Real Cards Fans, that I talk to feel the same way too.

Reggie Bonnafon made you eat your words today about him not being a D1 QB.

That may be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board. And spare me the "real fan" crap. You're either very old or very young. Regardless I'm not sure you know a whole lot about football. We still have major QB issues and Jackson was positively awful in the 2nd half. Watch with a critical eye sometime. It's what "real fans" do

No he didn't. Good lord!

See always Negative. We win and Reggie and Lamar were Big Key players again, and you still can't give them their props.

You sure can take up for Texass in a heartbeat though. I think that you just like debating with people for the sake of debating, or that you are secretly a Texass Fan, or both.

See always Negative. We win and Reggie and Lamar were Big Key players again, and you still can't give them their props.

You sure can take up for Texass in a heartbeat though. I think that you just like debating with people for the sake of debating, or that you are secretly a Texass Fan, or both.

Add not very intelligent to very young (or old). It is possible to be happy with a win but very cognizant that we have no offensive identity and mediocre at best QB play. You're unable to so that obviously because you don't exactly understand what you watch....and that's ok. And where do I "take up for Texas(s) LOL! Again you don't read very well. I'm simply calling you out for your baffling and odd obsession with a former coach and his new program. Quite simply you appear silly and child like

That may be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board. And spare me the "real fan" crap. You're either very old or very young. Regardless I'm not sure you know a whole lot about football. We still have major QB issues and Jackson was positively awful in the 2nd half. Watch with a critical eye sometime. It's what "real fans" do

You don't know me. I've played football from a very young age, to middle school, to high school, to college, to semi pro, to Arena, so I do know a little bit about football. I eat, sleep, and poo football even during basketball season, and the off season.

Jackson is young. He will have growing pains. He sandlot all over NC State in the first half. Reggie came in the second half during key moments, when Lamar was starting to get a little sloppy, and clutched out some key runs and passes. It's a team sport. So support ours.

So what that we use a 2 QB system. LSU use to do it and very well. So did other Universities.

We are not perfect. We are young. Our QB's are very young. They have skills just admit it.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
False. (And please spare us talk about your bowel habits)

Like I said, You do not know me. I've played every level except for the NFL. It's one of the reasons I post on this board. I have trouble letting the game go like a lot of athletes who refuse to know their time.

I'm done. Everything that you ever post is negative. I think that you are just bored and lonely right now. You have fun fella.

I'm celebrating this win again. That's 2 in a row. I hope that it doesn't burn you up that we are on a win streak.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Charlie always thought he was bigger and better than the program like a few other coaches we have had. He lied like most to players and recruits. I certainly did not like the way he left. If you remember when he came to UL there was interest from a few Florida Gator recruits to come here. Charlie wanted to get it on record that he did not operate that way and said he would not take anyone that had committed to Florida already. However when he left UL he had no problem taking 2 defensive tackle UL commits to Texas with him.

Reactions: Cardinals4Ever
With all due respect 1130, you seem to be obsessed with the situation more than any other poster at this point. If the topic bothers you so much, why not just skip the thread?

^^ what R.R. said...a couple of us make a comment on how badly TX was getting thumped and someone becomes totally obsessed with calling us .........obsessed. sheesh...smh

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT