ADVERTISEMENT

Warriors set win record, upstaged by Kobe

JohnKBA

700+
Dec 2, 2003
Wow, what a night.

Who'd have thought that on a night the Warriors break what many thought was an unassailable record, Kobe would steal their thunder.

Previous high in a player's last regular season game was 29 points, and of course Mamba hangs 60. Unreal.

I wish I could have stayed awake to watch both games. It's unfortunate, for us East Coast folks, that they began so late. I was bushed after watching the UofL-UK baseball game online.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnKBA
I watched the intros because I am a big Kobe fan, but then he totally bricked his first 4 or 5 shots, so I switched over to hockey where the Blackhawks and Blues were engaged in a fierce battle that ended in overtime. I switched back over to see that Kobe was still jacking shots but some were starting to fall. Stayed up and glad I did. 23 in the 4th quarter. So classic.

It was a fun night for watching NBA basketball. I was only able to see the late 3rd and 4th quarter of the games but once I saw the Warriors had the record in hand, I switched over to see Kobe's finale. It was an incredible showing for Bryant's last game. Yeah I know his teammates were just throwing him the ball the letting him shoot every time down the floor but he was making those shots too. I thought the Lakers were going to lose until he started hitting those 3's.

It was also nice to see so many of Kobe's former teammates there to congratulate him at the end including Shaq. After watching the guy play for 20 years it was as fine a send off, short of winning another ring, as he could hope for.

Reactions: JohnKBA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT