ADVERTISEMENT

Walz named to Naismith Coach of the Year Late Season Watch List.

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
Great news for UofL WBB head coach Jeff Walz !!

The Atlanta Tipoff Club has announced that the Cards WBBl head coach Jeff Walz has been named to the Werner Ladder Naismith Coach of the Year Late Season Watch List.

Walz is one of 15 coaches named to the list and one of three from the Atlantic Coast Conference – joined by Georgia Tech’s Nell Fortner and NC State's Wes Moore.

Others on the list:

Jennie BaranczykOklahomaBig 12
Adia BarnesArizonaPac-12
Kim Barnes-AricoMichiganBig Ten
Bill FennellyIowa StateBig 12
Kelly Rae FinleyFloridaSEC
Kellie HarperTennesseeSEC
Jeff JudkinsBYUWCC
Teri MorenIndianaBig Ten
Kim MulkeyLSUSEC
Karl SmeskoFGCUASUN
Dawn StaleySouth CarolinaSEC
Tara VanDerveerStanfordPac-12

--sonja--

Reactions: Cap'n Jim
I’ve seen USC play twice this year and they looked good but not dominant. I would love to play them but I hope it is in the Final Four which would make the matchup bigger.

Should she get it just because her team is #1? She has two 6’7”+ players and a wealth of riches on her roster. She should be beating everyone. uSC doesn’t have the competition UofL does (IMO).

Should she get it just because her team is #1? She has two 6’7”+ players and a wealth of riches on her roster. She should be beating everyone. uSC doesn’t have the competition UofL does (IMO).
Bardman, USC has a wealth of riches but please don't make them bigger than they already are. They have one 6'7' player in Kamilia Cardoso, a transfer from Syracuse, and the Cards are familiar with her. Cardoso is not a starter and she is definitely a big presence on the inside but IMHO a bit slow. We got the the better player by far in Emily. You may be thinking of Aliyah Boston who is listed variously as either 6'4 or 6'5". it doesn't matter as she plays like she is 6'8" and is a great player. Or you may be thinking of Laeticia Amihere at 6'5" who is not a starter but comes in early as a sub. She is a tough player. Moreover, they have a lot of shorter players on the bench that would be starters elsewhere.

I would still vote for Jeff as he is one "helluva" coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT