ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas Odds for Next Coach

ULGrad09

One-Star Poster
Oct 31, 2016
Richmond, VA
Vegas released odds on the next head coach for us....They provide odds to darn near everything so why not this.

Cronin 6/1
B. Williams 8/1
C. Mack 8/1 -- Would be my 2nd choice
A. Enfield 10/1
K. Davis 10/1
S. Smart 10/1 -- Would be my top choice
F. Hoiberg 12/1
G. Marshall 12/1
S. Wojciechowski 14/1 -- Would be my 3rd choice

Hoiberg is interesting, Iowa State had sustained success with him and he's going to be done with the NBA after this year.

How about Billy Donovan.

He wins the NBA Title, the team blows up.

George goes to the Lakers.
Westbrook hasnt signed the new offer, could bolt.

Im on board with Shaka or Billy D.

Reactions: BallerCard
Curious as to why you wouldn't possibly want Marshall? Other than his crazy wife hahah. I think he's done a great job and if he could get in a bigger stage with more money his recruiting could possibly go up. X's and O's though, he's pretty darn good

Reactions: Cardsfan62
How about Billy Donovan.

Something tells me Vegas didn't forget to list Donovan. He's not an option.

Who are B williams and K davis? Not too big on basketball other than louisville.

As interim coach how about Scott Davenport at Bellarmine. He is a Louisville guy with ties to coach Crum and Pitino. Yes, he is a unknown Division 1 coach but he would be all in for UofL. I think it is a little of a stretch but, he would give his all to suceed, and we are in a pinch in putting something together quickly.

It really doesn't matter to me. I'm a UofL fan. I'm not a fan because of who coaches the team. I'm a fan because the university is a part of my past, and Louisville was my home. IDC if Mickey Mouse gets the job. I'll be here.

Bring on the Havoc Defense and Shaka Smart. I have been saying his name for several years. Let's have an interim coach for a year and then go full in on him. He can recruit, has an exciting style of ball, and would win a few championships with the resources he would have at his disposal.

Reactions: LouisvilleKid79
This will be a hard job to sell? Who would want to come till things are settled down. Still will be a good job once everything is over and done.

This will be a hard job to sell? Who would want to come till things are settled down. Still will be a good job once everything is over and done.
I think there has to be an interim coach named because we don't know the extent of the punishment. Shaka Smart or any high level coach is not going to come here if they can't compete in the NCAAT for a few years.

Last edited:
I think it would be a great time to come, you would no longer have to worry about the shadow of a HoF coach. Fans would give you a couple of years to get things going.

Reactions: LouisvilleKid79
I think it would be a great time to come, you would no longer have to worry about the shadow of a HoF coach. Fans would give you a couple of years to get things going.
That is a great positive outlook on a very bleak looking situation.

I'll apply for the job. Hell, the ULAD won't have to pay me but half of what coach P was making. I'll survive. :p

Reactions: nccardfan
What I mean is we don't have to take coaches that were fired from other jobs, we can do better. Our last 2 coaches are in the Hall of Fame we should be aiming higher.

Reactions: Cue Card
How about Billy Donovan.

He just got Carmelo. He doesn't want the U of L dumpster fire.

I have always thought that Billy D would be the best option to replace Pitino. Obviously, not under these circumstances.

You have to wait on Billy D. I still think he may be an option down the road after this mess is somewhat cleaned up or has settled.

If you think about it, the timing may work out well to get Donovan. OKC will more than likely blowup within the next 5 years. At least I hope. I like the idea of Shaka as well.

We need a solid interim coach (that maybe stays on long-term) to weather the storm until the job is desirable again.

It's dark times now for Louisville basketball, but it's still a huge opportunity for the right guy. Everyone loves a good comeback.

What I mean is we don't have to take coaches that were fired from other jobs, we can do better. Our last 2 coaches are in the Hall of Fame we should be aiming higher.
From the tone of your post; I'm hearing I'm not Hall of Fame material. OK then. I wish you wouldn't have got my hopes up like that. :D

As long as we are throwing out names, I would like to get someone the caliber of Danny Manning. I realize he would go to his dream job, Kansas once Self leaves, but somebody who can relate to kids now and are still relevant seems important to this generation.

Wants to get back closer to Murray. Great young coach who would be a home run. Got Murray to the dance and Iowa St on the map. Runs a clean program and is a great guy. Could not do any better!

Mr. Prohm - I know you love your son and I know you want him close, but it's not a great fit right now.

Prohm would be a good hire guys. I don't know why everyone thinks we are above him. You have to take a chance on a young guy every now and then. The fact that people think we can have NBA coaches come back is absurd. Only fired NBA coaches would even consider it and I'd take a chance on Prohm before a proven failure takes over the program.

A guy might want to leave the coaching ranks of the NBA and go back coaching college to make millions and spend more time with his family.

i have always wanted hoiberg. i think he'd be great. just because you don't have success in the nba, does not mean you won't have great success in college. completely different games.

Prohm would be a great hire. Could pay him good money to get the program back in order and he is young enough to not be old when we are back

How about Billy Donovan.

Donovan would be in direct competition with Cal....he wouldn't take the UL job for all the money in the world. An article was written that mentioned Calipari as one of the reasons he left Fla, that he was having trouble recruiting against UK.

Donovan would be in direct competition with Cal....he wouldn't take the UL job for all the money in the world. An article was written that mentioned Calipari as one of the reasons he left Fla, that he was having trouble recruiting against UK.
We're not getting Donovan, but only Kentucky fans can actually believe that he's scared of Cal. Lol

We're not getting Donovan, but only Kentucky fans can actually believe that he's scared of Cal. Lol
No reason to be scared of sweaty cal - as he’s being voted “most likely to be caught up in all of this”. If Donovan was really scared of him, he’d come back to college, as I bet calipari moves quickly to the nba.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT