ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy is VERY hateable ...

Pervis_Griffith

25000+
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Watching the Vandy-Ga Tech game now, and I remember just how annoying their fans are ...

Their players are annoying.

Ga Tech's ace is struggling. Looks like we'll have to go through Nashville to get to Omaha.

What I still don't get is UofL is ranked (and has been ranked) pretty high all year. How did the Cards wind up having to play a Top 3 team?

0-2 in the be tourney and a SOS in the 80's that took us to #15 in the rpi. If we have a decent showing in Tampa, IU is playing at vandy, and we are likely paired up with fsu or UVA

Getting to Omaha is awsome and somethin to be proud of but we've done that. We want to win it all now and to do that we have to face Vandy sometime. Why not get it outta the way? We worked hard in the BET to earn this series so now we need to show why we wanted it. I think this team is ready to shock the college baseball world and storm through Nashville.

I know quite a few Vandy fans and our common dislikes of UK and UT make them OK in my book. I do remember when they beat us in the last Super Regional (maybe it was just a Regional) here some of their fans at JPS were pretty obnoxious and arrogant. However nothing like what we witness from the trailer park east of here.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Haters gonna hate, but I actually think there is a great, newly developing diamond rivalry of mutual respect. I remember when the storm crippled Nashville a few years ago and the midseason Vandy/Cards game was played. There was a fundraiser around the game for the victims, and I am pretty sure Louisville's coach and players made statements of support and made a public donation on the University's behalf. Then there was this "Field of Dreams" kind of aura negating the devastation and hell people were experiencing - a sense that we could all get a respite from that and coalesce around the experience of the national past time . We all needed a game to play, and Vanderbilt vs. Louisville that night was that game. On a less contemplative note, both schools are perennial contenders and present a stern midseason test of mettle, with a neighboring state bragging rights aspect along with the barrel at stake. Come on down and enjoy Nashville hospitality off the field. I'd be lying, though, if I said I hope your boys enjoy their time during the games at the Hawk :) .

I agree with Hatchie, this rivalry has been brewin for a few years now and I hope it continues to grow. I like it and look forward to the challenge...and it will be a callenge as always.

not sure if i can add to the original thread's topic but I like our chances if our top 2 guys can get on base often.

Vandy is a great school and a great place to visit for sporting events. That being said, it is time for the Cards to take the steam out of the Commodores' ship!

Let's "Play Ball!"

"Watching the Vandy-Ga Tech game now, and I remember just how annoying their fans are ..."

"Their players are annoying."

"Ga Tech's ace is struggling. Looks like we'll have to go through Nashville to get to Omaha.
"

I would have loved for U of L to host the Super Regional. When U of L played Vandy earlier in the year, I was disappointed with the loss; but walked away with a respect for how Vandy played baseball. Later in the year, I really like this article about Mike Yastrzemski, the grandson of Carl Yastrzemski. To me it's as much about the history of the game as anything else.

I did not witness any annoying Vandy fans when U of L played Vandy the first time. I guess where I was I did not come into contact much with any. I did not witness any annoying Vandy players. I just witnessed that their players could play baseball.

Our team has regained some confidence. Hopefully, we can get some momentum in the Super Regional and build upon it. Baseball is a funny game sometime in how the ball bounces. Hopefully we play our best. It's a great opportunity.

This post was edited on 6/4 8:23 PM by baseonballs

This post was edited on 6/4 8:25 PM by baseonballs

In the Name of a Legacy

I would love for this to be a rivalry but I don't see how people can say it has been. 4-22 vs. Vanderbilt is a rivalry? That's like saying UK and Tennessee in football is a rivalry.

And in case you want to just discuss since Coach Mac's arrival, we're 2-9 vs. the Dores including a current 5-game losing streak. Not good no matter which way you cut it.

I'm just sick and tired of losing to them and I'm sure we'll have 2 more losses this weekend to look forward to. Great. Thanks NCAA for matching us up!

Originally posted by sturt:
I'm just sick and tired of losing to them and I'm sure we'll have 2 more losses this weekend to look forward to. Great. Thanks NCAA for matching us up!

I believe this was your take on the regional

You're getting ahead of yourself. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Cards don't win the regional this weekend.5/30 12:59 PM | IP: Logged

I like the pattern of your eternal optimism. It seems to be workin well for us.

This post was edited on 6/5 4:24 PM by had1- 2manyCardfan

We had just gone 0-2 in the Big East tournament. Why would anyone be optimistic after that crap?

What I said ended up being right anyway. We were very very close to losing that Miami game. And if that had happened, it's nearly impossible to win out of the loser's bracket (no one did in this year's tournament, for example). So my point that we could very easily lose was true as we were very close to getting into the loser's bracket but fortunately Sturgeon wasn't out and the rest was history.

Originally posted by sturt:
I would love for this to be a rivalry but I don't see how people can say it has been. 4-22 vs. Vanderbilt is a rivalry? That's like saying UK and Tennessee in football is a rivalry.

And in case you want to just discuss since Coach Mac's arrival, we're 2-9 vs. the Dores including a current 5-game losing streak. Not good no matter which way you cut it.

Anti-jinx!

I was disappointed that the NCAA matched us up in the Super Regional because I think UofL is a atop 10 team, but as mentioned above, a poor showing in the BE Tourney probably set gave the NCAA an excuse have this matchup. I hate that they consider location too as it's a disadvantage to both programs.

That said, this is exciting stuff. I will be drinking cold beer from the parking garage they will show on the broadcast today. It's a great spot to watch the games from.

Hopefully, the winner of this Super wins it all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT