ADVERTISEMENT

Valvano Round Table 680

Two weeks ago, a caller tried to tell Mark Ennis that we didnt want to hear from Sweeney.

Ennis defended Sweeney saying nothing he said was not true nor unsaid.

The problem with Sweeney is he has been s#itting on UofL even when they were good.

Bashing the schedule or nitpicking, never giving the Cards full credit.

You know the yeah theyre good, but......

He is an ass who i refuse to listen to.

I think youre missing the point.

Its about :swine E" badmouthing the football team the last 7 yrs.

Even if tbe Cards were 6-1, he'd find some shade to throw on a ranked team.

We dont need media worship, yet dont want to hear from someone whos just bashing the program.

The less you mention “him” on here then the less he will be noticed. All he wants is to get your attention, good or bad, with his foolish comments. He’s a fool and when we give him attention he get’s to be even more foolish. I must say that I’m disappointed in Mark Ennis giving him any type of props. I do like Mark Ennis but I don’t think he is thinking this situation thru to the bone. Perhaps he’s getting pressure from his station’s management (Deener) to be “nicer” to his fellow so called broadcasters. I’m quickly coming to the conlusion that 93.9 is forcing their talk show hosts to “role play” with some of them being pro UofL and others to be pr!^&s so we’ll listen just to be pissed off. It does work both ways, i.e., Lachlame.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: CommodoreCard
The less you mention “him” on here then the less he will be noticed. All he wants is to get your attention, good or bad, with his foolish comments. He’s a fool and when we give him attention he get’s to be even more foolish. I must say that I’m disappointed in Mark Ennis giving him any type of props. I do like Mark Ennis but I don’t think he is thinking this situation thru to the bone. Perhaps he’s getting pressure from his station’s management (Deener) to be “nicer” to his fellow so called broadcasters. I’m quickly coming to the conlusion that 93.9 is forcing their talk show hosts to “role play” with some of them being pro UofL and others to be pr!^&s so we’ll listen just to be pissed off. It does work both ways, i.e., Lachlame.

Agreed.

Ennis didnt have a Choice because they all work for sister stations.
Privately i bet he would want to smack the tar out of him.

Lachlame was/is a shrill, but he was the only local talk show on from 7-9.

He'd occasionally admit he was wrong also.
Plus he is from out of State, so he was giving SuCkS the business just as much as UofL.

Last edited:
I think youre missing the point.

Its about :swine E" badmouthing the football team the last 7 yrs.

Even if tbe Cards were 6-1, he'd find some shade to throw on a ranked team.

We dont need media worship, yet dont want to hear from someone whos just bashing the program.

No I get what you are talking about regarding Sweeney. He tries way too hard to be “hot takey” and controversial.

Louisville could be 6-1, 7-0, and Sweeney would be screeching about how bad UofLs schedule was. The crowds at Cardinal Stadium aren’t “big league”....he’s a stooge.

Reactions: earsky
I absolutely have not listened to lachlame, Sweeney or Valvano in a long, long time. And will not because they are using their “bully pulpit” to create ratings for themselves and 93.9, i.e. Deener. It’s a damn shame because they had the “opportunity” to be a great listen (Ramsey and Howie) until it was obvious that the strong minded folks left for greener pastures. Those that won’t bow to the will of Deener simply move on like Mike Rutherford and the two others I mentioned above. The only one that seems to maintain his “independence” is Marquis Maybin and his crew. This is why I’m somewhat disappointed in Ennis. I think he’ll be moving on when the opportunity presents itself. Deener is apparently convinced that if he “colors” his station and their comments to be different from 7i90’s personalities he will improve his numbers. I don’t think it’s working in his favor.

I’ve been ‘Valvano and Sweeney free’ for over a year now. I highly recommend it.

The righteous blowhard and the smarmy punk’s audience now consists of 20-something Incel-dorks and local schmUcK fans. They’re not too bright.

Deener is biggest fake alpha male on radio. He tries waaaay too hard to be macho. Also, he kisses every Ky fans a*s that he brings on.

I’ve always wondered why Ramsey & Rutherford left. They wouldn’t be Deener’s stooges. He’s probably scared of Maybin & Rummage, that’s why they do what they do.

They should call it “Andy Sweeney Yapping Over Everyone Else Roundtable”. He is absolutely giddy with the situation UofL football is in right now. I’d like to slap him in the face with a Groupper. Let other people talk. Geeze....
And who does that station send to U of L basketball Media Day? Oh, I get it...Sweeney likes basketball.

o_O

Deener is biggest fake alpha male on radio. He tries waaaay too hard to be macho. Also, he kisses every Ky fans a*s that he brings on.. .
He kisses every local a$$ that kisses his...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT