ADVERTISEMENT

Valparaiso

nccardfan

Four-Star Poster
Sep 5, 2007
lawrenceburg, KY
Thought I would start a new thread. As Earsky mentioned today’s game is at 2 pm. Same 3 starters scheduled for the weekend. Miller (6.75 era) and Smith (5.40 era) need to get there numbers down. I look for the Cards to come out ready.

Reactions: PHCARD
To add...WSU made some very nice defensive plays which stalled the Cards a few times. The guys just need to settle down and drive then all. Once a ball, or two, gets through I think it will take some pressure off of them and that should relieve some of the pressure I am sure they are feeling.

Well a win is a win. But 7 hits, 3 runs is still shy. But our pitching today was aces!!!

Good to see Albanese shine. He's another climbing back from an injury that limited him last season. Nice young man, like all these kids.

I’ve wondered if Albanese is related to the plumbing family of Albanese in Louisville?

Seemed
Like there was better contact today. Too often the ball was hit right at someone. I am betting we see double-digit hits tomorrow.

Reactions: earsky and PHCARD
Glad to see Metz get his 1st hit of the season,a 2 out 2 rbi single.
CM showing a lot of faith in the young man batting him in the 2 hole. It paid off yesterday. That was a big one.

Reactions: Deeva
Glad to see Lohman. Not sure why we are seeing Bennefield in the mound. CDM left Luke in too long today. He let the kid who had already homered and had another base hit cone up to bat and the kid whacked another hot off Luke. Metz and Usher had good days at the late. Dalton finally connected (I was already headed home at that point).

Glad to see Lohman. Not sure why we are seeing Bennefield in the mound. CDM left Luke in too long today. He let the kid who had already homered and had another base hit cone up to bat and the kid whacked another hot off Luke. Metz and Usher had good days at the late. Dalton finally connected (I was already headed home at that point).
My only explanation for leaving Luke in as long as he did is that there is less confidence in our bullpen depth as we did going into the season...

The Cards got the series sweep. 40 strikeouts the first two games, my word! The bats were still kind of asleep. Yesterday's game was kind of wild, and long. I'm glad they are back to their winning ways, but they are still not in full form.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT