ADVERTISEMENT

UVA Opening Line

Tenncard

300+
May 4, 2007
What do you guys think here? They got thumped pretty good by GT, but beat UNN earlier. It’s also a short week for both squads. I think this is a really tough one to peg, but I see us as minus seventeen at least. Thoughts?

Virginia is bad. They have a very good receiver but they're horrible on defense. If the Cards are dialed in despite the large spread, it will be a blowout.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Virginia is bad. They have a very good receiver but they're horrible on defense. If the Cards are dialed in despite the large spread, it will be a blowout.
Which to me begs the question, do we dare risk it and rest Jawar for this game? I think the benefit of giving him a week off may be worth taking the risk. Let Isaac and Maurice tote the rock.

I think so. If the team truly is one game at a time and no looking ahead, they don't need Jordan to beat Virginia.

Complacency is the biggest obstacle for the Virginia game. I don't think Brohm allows it however. The team wasn't complacent against Pitt, just impatient and careless. And the weather didn't help.

Brohm has two stud backups at RB and a promising Freshman. Jordan should rest and Thrash as well if he's not 100 percent.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I'm thinking a 20 point spread; I'm nobody's idea of a handicapper and haven't laid a bet for anything more than a gentleman's bar wager so keep it in that context.

Reactions: earsky
DraftKings -19.5
I real line with real money bet. Is exactly what I thought. I would be ALL Over this at -20 1/2 or less. Keep in mind this line reflects. what is known or reported regarding Injuries, other factors. AND nothing is secret around injuries LOL

Quick and dirty, looking at my calculations. UL will open at around -18 to -21/ Probably be right in the middle at -20.
LOL right on the money - 19 1/2 ! You would need to be all over this now at anything less than 20 1/2 ! Good luck!

Jeff seems to have this handled well with Jordan; he has him available, but limited snaps as game situation dictates his participation.
Thursday night ESPN game so I'm sure Jaws wants game action. Sure ESPN also wants him to play. He will play most of 1st half and sit out most of 2nd half

Reactions: Guardman
In two games (last time was against VT), I have witnessed Jordan get up from a play with his right hand on the back of his thigh; in both instances that was his last play for the rest of the game.

Brohm is not going to risk further aggravation to Jordan‘s hamstring. Most medical advisors encourage stretching the hamstring before strenuous activity, and continuing activity until pain returns; I believe that is the protocol that UL is following.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
We always have problems with Virginia. I don’t know why. I think this one will be closer. Probably a small crowd (school night) and not that into it. Hopefully I’m wrong.

If I were JB I would let JJ get ready for the game but not start him. Have him keep loose on the bike during Q1. If we get the lead and are controlling the game I don't play him. I have had a pulled hammy and it's easy to have a setback if you are not careful. Same plan for Thrash. Still have good targets on the field without him.

However, that won't be JB's plan. If the Doctors and the players say they can play he will use them and if we get a good working margin he will take them out.

If I were JB I would let JJ get ready for the game but not start him. Have him keep loose on the bike during Q1. If we get the lead and are controlling the game I don't play him. I have had a pulled hammy and it's easy to have a setback if you are not careful. Same plan for Thrash. Still have good targets on the field without him.

However, that won't be JB's plan. If the Doctors and the players say they can play he will use them and if we get a good working margin he will take them out.
Last couple of games he played Jordan early, then rested him when we got a lead. Maybe the same plan tonight

We need to be as healthy as possible for the Miami game. But Brohm and the PTs know better than I do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT