ADVERTISEMENT

UVA goes down at the U

I won't even mind if we have to share the title. We almost control our own destiny but need VA or Duke to give UNC one more loss. It's not like it means anything to us as far as tournament seeding. In the record books we will be ACC regular season champs.

Just need to take care of business one game at a time and I believe we will at least share! May be able to lose one as long as UNC takes 2 L's and that's entirely possible with them still having to play UVA and the Dukies

I know UL will be recognized as the regular season ACC champ if they win it, even with the self-imposed ban on post season play. With that said, has the school said anything about how they will recognize it?

IIRC, Pitino make a big deal when UK was the SEC champ during their probation period and could not play post season (1991). So he celebrated the team as champs, they added to the banner AND all got conference champ rings.

As such, if the Cards do come in first (or tied for first), I hope they are celebrated in the same fashion. This is a team geared to run in March, a solid 3 seed, capable of beating anyone in a wide open year. I think it's a crime for them to be self-imposed... and it would be a shame if they get no recognition whatsoever.

I won't even mind if we have to share the title. We almost control our own destiny but need VA or Duke to give UNC one more loss. It's not like it means anything to us as far as tournament seeding. In the record books we will be ACC regular season champs.

UNC plays at NC State, Duke, and Virginia. That is a tough 3 game road stretch to run the table against. If they do IMO they deserve a #1 seed on selection sunday.

Reactions: OneEarWonder
What's really cool, actually, is that Miami, UNC, Louisville and Virginia all face a tough season-ending stretch. This was a very well-designed schedule.

Reactions: cardsfan53
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT